Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Selangor govt rules on facemasks (1st August)

views

TiramisuCoffee
post Jul 31 2020, 09:01 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(xixo_12 @ Jul 31 2020, 06:44 PM)
restaurant will hv big impact.

for me also . i cut down eat outside.. if lapar, just go to any mart and grab small thing beforw big meal at home
Actually tat strict 4 wat? other states so much > relaxed. Law must be uniform. Now guess where ppl will go eat next mth? rolleyes.gif kecian econ Sgor...
SUSNajibett
post Jul 31 2020, 09:29 PM

7 posts

U lucky u happy makan jogging walk in mall
U no lucky u kena 1k

So...... Just wear mask when u outside ur home
Or..... Ikut jer Ur pm8 slogan "just stay at home"
jaycee1
post Jul 31 2020, 09:33 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

Why so confused? Just wear when going out. Then no anbiguity there.
GamersFamilia
post Jul 31 2020, 09:43 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

wear face mask , tak kena saman ... simple
lurkingaround
post Jul 31 2020, 09:46 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(coconutxyz @ Jul 31 2020, 06:28 PM)
Car is public? 2 ppl in car no wear kena saman
If got saman, saman by who.? By police.? By Selangor local officers.?

Police is under Federal government, not under (Selangor) state government(= opposition party).

coconutxyz
post Jul 31 2020, 09:59 PM

Casual
374 posts

QUOTE(lurkingaround @ Jul 31 2020, 09:46 PM)
If got saman, saman by who.? By police.? By Selangor local officers.?

Police is under Federal government, not under (Selangor) state government(= opposition party).
thats why it is confusing, from same house same car is it necessary to wear
GamersFamilia
post Aug 1 2020, 08:00 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

from my observation today , many of people obey the law by wearing the mask .. only some of them still not wearing it at public places
TiramisuCoffee
post Aug 1 2020, 08:16 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

According 2 news, today compliance was 98%. bruce.gif
GamersFamilia
post Aug 2 2020, 05:02 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

some people at my place didnt wear face mask at public
king99
post Aug 2 2020, 06:02 PM

Regular
1,153 posts

Does Gym need face mask still ?
SUSNajibett
post Aug 2 2020, 06:21 PM

7 posts

Where to report sop compliance?

I see many taman punya park, playground, so many unties uncles with kids play there. Chitchat. no masks.... No distancing also.....
GamersFamilia
post Aug 2 2020, 06:25 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(Najibett @ Aug 2 2020, 06:21 PM)
Where to report sop compliance?

I see many taman punya park, playground, so many unties uncles with kids play there. Chitchat. no masks.... No distancing also.....
government didn't give us any number to report or we might call police station nearby but would they take any action for that ? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by GamersFamilia: Aug 2 2020, 06:26 PM
Justin.Loong
post Aug 3 2020, 03:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

WEARING face masks has been made compulsory from Aug 1 on public transport and in crowded places. It is a good move towards breaking the chain of Covid-19 transmission.

According to Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to RM1,000.
However, guidelines as to what will necessitate a fine need to be disseminated to the public and enforcement authorities as soon as possible, if not already so.

The requirement for face masks, although it is good to prevent the spread of Covid-19, has to be handled gently.

The enforcement should not be too harsh or arbitrary against people who do not wear a mask, or wear one that is not in conformity with World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.

Should we then wear disposable masks?

Disposable masks may be in line with WHO guidelines, but using them must be accompanied by proper disposal methods.

In hospitals and other health units, the masks are thrown in clinical waste bins. If we insist on using disposable masks, do we have designated waste bins for such masks in public?

Right now, disposable masks are simply discarded on the roads, sidewalks and pavements.

Studies (published in the medRxiv Depository) have shown that the new novel coronavirus can remain in the air for up to three hours post-aerosolisation.

The studies also noted that the virus can survive for up to three days on surfaces, such as plastic and stainless steel. On copper surfaces, it may last for four days and on cardboard surfaces, up to 24 hours.

Disposable masks, if not properly disposed of, may end up transmitting Covid-19.

The authorities should, therefore, focus on the disposal of disposable face masks. Just as Singapore has contained the littering habit through hefty fines, we may impose the RM1,000 fine on those caught throwing their masks on the street.

This may at least ensure the masks are disposed of properly in designated bins (which the authorities must provide as soon as possible).

Secondly, wearing of medical-grade masks. The WHO guidelines do say that we should wear medical-grade face masks only if we are working directly with patients or as healthcare workers.
The WHO states categorically that these masks should be reserved for essential healthcare staff and those who are working on the frontline of the pandemic.

Thirdly, the wearing of homemade masks and reusable face masks should be encouraged.

While these aren't as effective in stopping the virus, there is a benefit to wearing one as it can help prevent the wearer from spreading Covid-19 to others, especially if the wearer is asymptomatic. By using a cloth face mask, when out and about in crowded areas, our mouths will be covered. Less particles will be spread in the air through coughs and sneezes.

Physical distancing and regular handwashing will help, and together with the face masks, we will be able to combat the spread of Covid-19.

So, the question now is who deserves to be fined?
Any person who indiscriminately disposes of a disposable face mask, throwing it on the road, for example, must be fined.
Anyone in a crowded place, who is not physical distancing and not wearing a mask, must be fined. Only people on public transport without a mask should be fined.

user posted image
Walkers and joggers in open spaces should not be fined. Otherwise, we will have people being fined indiscriminately and this will cause more mayhem in addition to the already existing Covid-19.

The writer is a research fellow at the Faculty of Law, University of Malaya, and she can be reached at gracem@um.edu.my

Source: Who deserves fined
GamersFamilia
post Aug 3 2020, 04:10 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

The police will be cancelling fines issued to those who were found to not be wearing face masks in private vehicles.⠀

Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said that those who had already paid their fines to the Ministry of Health (MOH) for the said offence may claim back their payments.⠀

“I already spoke to the police and the MOH, and the police will cancel the fines.⠀

“If they already paid to MOH, they can claim back the payment from MOH,” he said.⠀

user posted image
FLYING PANTIES
post Aug 3 2020, 04:45 PM

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾
953 posts

Go jogging need to wear?
chtan
post Aug 3 2020, 04:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

It seems like they just simply spitted out the rule by talking without a detail consideration.
Useless backdoor. Don't tell me if the place is empty and I am still have to wear a mask.
Justin.Loong
post Aug 4 2020, 08:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob today sought to clear the confusion surrounding the government’s mandatory face mask rule, which created a buzz on the first day of its enforcement, which was Saturday.

During his press briefing in Parliament, Ismail Sabri stressed the importance of wearing a face mask and practising physical distancing, to prevent a spike in Covid-19 infections.
He also clarified the definition of public places and crowded public places.

“I want us to be clear, firstly on public transportation. That’s clear. Such as express buses, the LRT, trains, the hop-on hop-off buses. All public transportation. Taxi, e-hailing. These are all forms of public transportation.

“And secondly, public places. The list of such places has already been published on the National Security Council website, such as wet markets. I want to mention types of crowded public places, wet markets, farmers’ markets, which are all available on the NSC website. Night markets and supermarkets too.
“Places which are tourist spots and cinemas which have also been listed as crowded public areas. Likewise, public places which are crowded. If we only say ‘public places only’, then football fields are public spots. However, if there is physical distancing that is well spaced-out on the field, there is no need for masks. That’s why we say tempat awam yang sesak,” he said.

Ismail Sabri added that while face masks are not mandatory in wide, open spaces or where there is good physical distancing, the government encourages people to wear face masks when going out.

He pointed to a statement from the Ministry of Health (MOH), which he said had highlighted a “100 per cent” chance of preventing Covid-19 infection, should one wear a face mask and observe physical distancing.

Ismail Sabri also explained the face mask regulation for children, especially those below two years of age.
Children below two years old, on the NSC website, it is clear; no need to wear face masks. Two-year-old children, if they wear face masks, I’m afraid they might ‘drown’ (lemas). Maybe those who are asleep, they might just ‘drown’,” he added.

On July 23, Ismail Sabri said that the wearing of face masks in crowded areas and on public transportation would now be mandatory starting August 1.

He said the recent increase in Covid-19 infections has proven to be worrying, in light of reports by the MOH that public adherence to the standard operating procedures in public is beginning to decline.

He said the decision was motivated by the increase in clusters recently identified by the ministry.

Source: When are face masks required
miromiro
post Aug 4 2020, 09:10 AM

On my way
534 posts

Office is public right?
Justin.Loong
post Aug 4 2020, 10:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(miromiro @ Aug 4 2020, 09:10 AM)
Office is public right?
Yes. nod.gif
And by right, your office would have followed the SOPs to encourage employees wear masks.
miromiro
post Aug 4 2020, 10:53 AM

On my way
534 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Aug 4 2020, 10:51 AM)
Yes.  nod.gif
And by right, your office would have followed the SOPs to encourage employees wear masks.
Thanks, means I can make repot anytime if anything happen

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 AM