Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Saga 2019 Premium or Myvi 2020 X AT, First car, long term ownership

views

TSrolliepollie P
post Jul 30 2020, 12:36 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
5 posts

Good day all, I am a fresh graduate out of university. I recently got my first job and am currently looking to buy my first car to drive to work (Between Selangor and KL area).

I surveyed around and my final 2 choices came down to either Saga 2019 Premium or the new Myvi 2020 X AT (without ASA 2.0). Not sure if Saga will be getting a 2020 refresh?

Anyways my main question is which of the above 2 options should I choose as my first car? I'm not a car person, looking for a comfortable ride and long term ownership.

My budget is around the 40-45k range.

salimbest83
post Jul 30 2020, 12:42 PM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

my experience..
if u solo, no need do big shopping or go roadtrip, or no anaks later ( coz u say long term )
myvi is nice

but
my fren that buy myvi.. all trade in to saga or city after got their baby/babies..
the one tat still using myvi but got anaks. didnt change coz economy not good ...

thats from my observation and they also tell me susah mau balik kampung use myvi..
budang
post Jul 30 2020, 12:56 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

Do you have to travel interstate frequently? Eg: balik kampung. If no, the myvi is a good choice due to it's compact size, much easier to maneuver around tight parking lots in KL city and can come in very handy if you're a new driver. Safety wise it's good too and a good fuel consumption. It's also very spacious. Downside is it's more expensive than Saga and doesn't have a good boot space.

Saga will come in handy if you travel interstate frequently due to it's heavier body and better handling, the car feels more planted and travelling long distance will be slightly more comfortable.

Both are really good options for owners looking to buy their first car, you can't go wrong with either.
dylan_chng
post Jul 30 2020, 12:58 PM

On my way
658 posts

For RM45,000, I would choose between Iriz 1.3 Executive CVT and Persona 1.6 Standard CVT.
amscouzach57
post Jul 30 2020, 02:35 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(rolliepollie @ Jul 30 2020, 12:36 PM)
Good day all, I am a fresh graduate out of university. I recently got my first job and am currently looking to buy my first car to drive to work (Between Selangor and KL area).

I surveyed around and my final 2 choices came down to either Saga 2019 Premium or the new Myvi 2020 X AT (without ASA 2.0). Not sure if Saga will be getting a 2020 refresh?

Anyways my main question is which of the above 2 options should I choose as my first car? I'm not a car person, looking for a comfortable ride and long term ownership.

Should be between saga premium or persona standard cvt.

You'll always appreciate the extra boot space. Furthermore, no need to change car when you get married & have children later.

The boot space of myvi is not as big as Honda Jazz, so cannot be used for interstate travel with family.

Honda Jazz can still fit luggage for a small family of 3.

Obviously the saga or persona can fit more & have a more comfortable ride & drive

This post has been edited by amscouzach57: Jul 30 2020, 02:36 PM
littlefire
post Jul 30 2020, 03:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Myvi - National certified sport car.. Surelaa this 1 for youngster.. If want to sell or upgrade in future also easier & more higher 2nd value.. If just for work and easy maneuvering around city.. For sure is Myvi all the way.. Unless you got family or like to long travel will need to look for like Sedan cars with boot..
MR_alien
post Jul 30 2020, 04:25 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,298 posts

go test drive, see which one suits your taste when u drive it
like the feeling of driving it, seating position, your view from inside

but if u plan to drive on highway, saga is a better choice of course
GamersFamilia
post Jul 30 2020, 04:50 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

for long term i guess saga would be the best choice
TSrolliepollie P
post Jul 30 2020, 05:52 PM

Probation
5 posts

Thanks for all of your replies! I have booked a test drive for the saga through proton's website. Will do the same for Myvi as well and see how it goes. biggrin.gif

The reason I did not consider Iriz/Persona is because I read not so good things about its Punch CVT.

I've also read that Myvi's NVH aren't the best and also the Eco Idle could be quite annoying. Myvi owners could you provide opinions on this?

Mrsaitama
post Jul 30 2020, 06:07 PM

Casual
352 posts

If this is your 1st car, i suggest saga or persona. Both good looking and value for money. Perodua myvi good fc but that is it,other than that proton can give better value.
Stirmling
post Jul 30 2020, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(rolliepollie @ Jul 30 2020, 05:52 PM)
Thanks for all of your replies! I have booked a test drive for the saga through proton's website. Will do the same for Myvi as well and see how it goes.  biggrin.gif

The reason I did not consider Iriz/Persona is because I read not so good things about its Punch CVT.

I've also read that Myvi's NVH aren't the best and also the Eco Idle could be quite annoying. Myvi owners could you provide opinions on this?
I own Saga 2019. Oso in our household got 1.6L Iriz.
I'd prefer to drive the Iriz since it has much better pickup despite the lagging CVT clutching. The Punch CVT is something you can get used to after a while tbh, and the interior of both Persona/Iriz is subjectively better /more modern imo than the old-school budget feel of the Saga.

For long term I think a sedan is a more worthwhile option.
lowpro
post Jul 30 2020, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(rolliepollie @ Jul 30 2020, 05:52 PM)
Thanks for all of your replies! I have booked a test drive for the saga through proton's website. Will do the same for Myvi as well and see how it goes.  biggrin.gif

What you read is probably about the pre-facelift model. Current car has eliminated many of the CVT issues of the pre-facelift model
Xitox
post Apr 7 2021, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(lowpro @ Jul 30 2020, 07:14 PM)
What you read is probably about the pre-facelift model. Current car has eliminated many of the CVT issues of the pre-facelift model
New Persona / Iriz dont have cvt issues?
lowpro
post Apr 7 2021, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(Xitox @ Apr 7 2021, 04:38 PM)
New Persona / Iriz dont have cvt issues?
Not really, perhaps some isolated cases here and there. But that's normal and every other car brand would also have such isolated cases.
ameliorate
post Apr 8 2021, 10:05 AM

Casual
358 posts

Neither. 1st car, 1st job just get a decent used car in 20k range. Why burden yourself so early in life.
ry8128
post Apr 9 2021, 01:28 PM

♣Just a noob♣
3,382 posts

Long term ownership sure is myvi.
harriss
post Apr 9 2021, 02:46 PM

Casual
352 posts

i was like you a year ago , but it was between iriz and myvi but i endup with used inspira 2.0P . hahahaha
leon898
post Apr 9 2021, 03:05 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(rolliepollie @ Jul 30 2020, 12:36 PM)

u will stuck in traffic jam. Hence, better go with Axia
SleeplessEyes
post Apr 9 2021, 11:19 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(ameliorate @ Apr 8 2021, 10:05 AM)
Neither. 1st car, 1st job just get a decent used car in 20k range. Why burden yourself so early in life.
I would say because they are attracted to the 7 years loan - Low monthly installment plans.
And the famous - New car have warranty. Problem free. Then forced to service on time at SC.

Thirdly - New car, can show off to friends, grandma , grandpa, luckily not nenek moyang.

Oh well, it's TS's choice.
kupronikel83
post Apr 30 2023, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

I used Saga 2019 since Jun 2020... ok la not.much problem....

Mileage pun baru 30000 km ++ (pkp 2 and 3) mana blh jln sgt...

After pkp, baru guna utk gi balik keje....

Then, pernah bwk jauh sampai Penang and N9...

So far so good...

Dan paling best, sound system pun better dari Exora 2015

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:10 PM