views

TSLyu
post Jul 28 2020, 04:23 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
772 posts

I got play this tinder apps

But all my match are women from either China/HK/Taiwan
Guy instinct tells me to Swipe right all lengluis so I x filter them out

All mostly speak/type Mandarin except one (a Korean working in HK)

Recently I exchanged numbers with this girl from HK
She currently resides in Johor helping her unker if Google Translate no wrongly translated

It's been 3 days straight she keeps messaging

Every time she replies I also need to translate
I tried to use mix language between Chinese and English (dunno I got type wrong onot)

Apparently she can't understand it

I not looking for instant relationship but perhaps a slow progress on relationship development

I am learning Chinese but it takes time though

I wonder if we wasting our time on communication n should I ghost her

#sekian

tomato people
post Jul 28 2020, 04:27 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

If the feeling is mutual...just go for it...why dont you both use english as medium?
TSLyu
post Jul 28 2020, 04:29 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(tomato people @ Jul 28 2020, 04:27 PM)
If the feeling is mutual...just go for it...why dont you both use english as medium?
She can't understand, I guess
tomato people
post Jul 28 2020, 04:37 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

QUOTE(Lyu @ Jul 28 2020, 04:29 PM)
She can't understand, I guess
Hmm...my instructor once said..language is just a language...as long as you and the other party understand each other its not a problem..

P.s...find a friend to help you translate
McFD2R
post Jul 28 2020, 04:44 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

It would seem then, due to language barrier, it seems impossible that you have developed any chemistry by now. So, if there is none, why do you want to continue? Because she's the only one who responded?

Move on to find another.
Mr.Ballz
post Jul 28 2020, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Share with you la. I think language itself is very important. Yes i can understand english,mandarin,cantonese. But deep down i am a mandarin/cantonese speaker myself. All my jokes/sense humour are based on these language.

Once tried dated a banana before. I can tell you, very very susah although my friends keep telling me if really interested language is not a big issue. The point is i dated her my brain always stuck in the translation. Besides it takes me awhile to understand when/what jokes she is having with me. Plus i am not very good in making jokes in term of english. Just not me.

I learnt my lesson Never ever go for a banana anymore. That is not me.

This post has been edited by Mr.Ballz: Jul 28 2020, 05:13 PM
Mr.Ballz
post Jul 28 2020, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Jul 28 2020, 04:44 PM)
It would seem then, due to language barrier, it seems impossible that you have developed any chemistry by now. So, if there is none, why do you want to continue? Because she's the only one who responded?

Move on to find another.
very true language barrier liao very hard to develop chemistry.
jenniJenni
post Jul 28 2020, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(Lyu @ Jul 28 2020, 04:23 PM)
I got play this tinder apps

But all my match are women from either China/HK/Taiwan
Guy instinct tells me to Swipe right all lengluis so I x filter them out

All mostly speak/type Mandarin except one (a Korean working in HK)

Recently I exchanged numbers with this girl from HK
She currently resides in Johor helping her unker if Google Translate no wrongly translated

It's been 3 days straight she keeps messaging

Every time she replies I also need to translate
I tried to use mix language between Chinese and English (dunno I got type wrong onot)

Apparently she can't understand it

I not looking for instant relationship but perhaps a slow progress on relationship development

I am learning Chinese but it takes time though

I wonder if we wasting our time on communication n should I ghost her

#sekian
It would be v difficult in long run. Unless both parties committed to learn each other's language for better communication and understanding perhaps

jasonlim
post Jul 28 2020, 06:16 PM

Bunga(R)
3,550 posts

Couple who has no language barrier also have loads of problem
Apatah lagi this
BLKH3
post Jul 28 2020, 06:59 PM

Casual
471 posts

those HK, China girls are scammers. If you insist on dating but language still a problem, use body language.
ymc2303
post Jul 28 2020, 08:03 PM

On my way
592 posts

so far, just only text? have you requested for video calling? a female profile in tinder means nothing if you can't hear her voice, see her in person or even show herself on the video call.. i met some in tinder and all can't even video call even if i speak the same language
Captain89
post Jul 28 2020, 08:40 PM

Simple person
3,056 posts

QUOTE(BLKH3 @ Jul 28 2020, 06:59 PM)
those HK, China girls are scammers. If you insist on dating but language still a problem, use body language.
Is that a new feature? I’m outdated
TSLyu
post Jul 28 2020, 08:41 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(ymc2303 @ Jul 28 2020, 08:03 PM)
so far, just only text? have you requested for video calling? a female profile in tinder means nothing if you can't hear her voice, see her in person or even show herself on the video call.. i met some in tinder and all can't even video call even if i speak the same language
No...
Text first... Suddenly so fast video call, I feel will awkward
zellleonhart
post Jul 29 2020, 11:07 AM

Stars stars stars
5,003 posts

I think a common language is super important in a relationship. I dated a native korean girl before for 1.5 years. She speaks good english so communication isn't that bad, BUT when it comes to expressing her feelings and emotions, she can only do in Korean. I can understand a little korean but not until advanced level, so both of us got frustrated at times when we have heart to heart talk. Eventually didn't work out lol. And this is considering we both can speak English.
siew14
post Jul 29 2020, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast
838 posts

in my humble opinion, usually girl will go away also if language barrier, unless she wants something from you (you really handsome or loaded with cash)... just saying.....

give it a week, see whether she still has the patient with you or not.... ( those scam syndicate's SOP is average 1 week to ask you invest stuff or buy stuff)...

on the other note, language is kinda important, since communication is very important when comes to relationship.... any miscommunication is bad, and will spoil the fun when teasing or admiring each other.

This post has been edited by siew14: Jul 29 2020, 11:52 AM
TSLyu
post Jul 29 2020, 12:59 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Jul 29 2020, 11:50 AM)
in my humble opinion, usually girl will go away also if language barrier, unless she wants something from you (you really handsome or loaded with cash)... just saying.....

give it a week, see whether she still has the patient with you or not.... ( those scam syndicate's SOP is average 1 week to ask you invest stuff or buy stuff)...

on the other note, language is kinda important, since communication is very important when comes to relationship....  any miscommunication is bad, and will spoil the fun when teasing or admiring each other.
It's been 4 consecutive days she watshapp me, greet me either morning or afternoon

I started feeling don't want to reply her ady

We just knew each other n our conversation pretty short...

siew14
post Jul 30 2020, 09:42 AM

Enthusiast
838 posts

QUOTE(Lyu @ Jul 29 2020, 12:59 PM)
It's been 4 consecutive days she watshapp me, greet me either morning or afternoon

I started feeling don't want to reply her ady

We just knew each other n our conversation pretty short...
you know yourself better than all of us here, what kind of girls can get , what kind of girls cant get.... then you make your decision accordingly?

you should continue to text her to test water, but who knows you can strike a jackpot? but be careful la in the first weeek, dont commit 100% to her yet.

SUSprince12
post Jul 31 2020, 09:09 AM

46 posts

I heard tinder got many fake accounts (bot) or scammers

By the way, it's worthy to give it a try? let's say looking for a serious relationship

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:11 PM