Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android box worth it (advice)

views

TSklch87
post Jul 27 2020, 01:33 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
773 posts

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here it goes.

Is there something like an android box whereby i can watch any show that i want, including cartoons at any time like netflix?
Currently im using a smartTV too.

The reason i wanted something like this is because these options are not so good:
a) hypptv - very few favorite shows and it is a scheduled program
b) netflix - limited seasons/ episodes in malaysian channel
c) online stream - link sometimes broken and potential virus infection

Thank you.

voncrane
post Aug 1 2020, 11:58 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 27 2020, 01:33 PM)
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here it goes.

Is there something like an android box whereby i can watch any show that i want, including cartoons at any time like netflix?
Currently im using a smartTV too.

The reason i wanted something like this is because these options are not so good:
a) hypptv - very few favorite shows and it is a scheduled program
b) netflix - limited seasons/ episodes in malaysian channel
c) online stream - link sometimes broken and potential virus infection
Thank you.
Hi, while we are at it.. Would you those content to be instantly streamable (like Netflix) and also in 8K UHD quality (better than Netflix)? doh.gif .. I'm sorry fam, I just had to do that.. Basically, what you seek is quite the impossible and even if it were? it wouldn't be cheap to run either. Could you get a decent box to do what your seek? Of course you can.. But then, guess what? You would also have to do the following..
*Individually pay and Sub to Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, iFlix, YouTube TV, Tubi, Sling, Plex, Apple TV+, CBS, the upcoming Astro Go no dish required service, Rakuten Viki, Dimsum, etc...Just to name a few
*Sub to ehem sources and
*Know how to navigate public ehem p2p content sources.
*Donate or sub to private trackers cuz pretty much guaranteed healthy seeding for even older stuff...
*And a bunch of other stuff..

So I ask you.. Do you still want what you asked for earlier?
TSklch87
post Aug 2 2020, 08:57 AM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 1 2020, 11:58 PM)
Hi, while we are at it.. Would you those content to be instantly streamable (like Netflix) and also in 8K UHD quality (better than Netflix)?  doh.gif  .. I'm sorry fam, I just had to do that.. Basically, what you seek is quite the impossible and even if it were? it wouldn't be cheap to run either. Could you get a decent box to do what your seek? Of course you can.. But then, guess what? You would also have to do the following..
*Individually pay and Sub to Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, iFlix, YouTube TV, Tubi, Sling, Plex, Apple TV+, CBS, the upcoming Astro Go no dish required service, Rakuten Viki, Dimsum, etc...Just to name a few
*Sub to ehem sources and
*Know how to navigate public ehem p2p content sources.
*Donate or sub to private trackers cuz pretty much guaranteed healthy seeding for even older stuff...
*And a bunch of other stuff..
So I ask you.. Do you still want what you asked for earlier?
yeah i am still looking for something where i can watch the programs instantly like netflix.

i dont normally watch TV programs (i am more of a pc guy) but as i mentioned earlier i want to let my kid watch his cartoon shows at any time. the reasons were:
a) malaysian netflix have limited seasons. say the cartoon is now at season 5, netflix only has until season 2
b) online stream thru pc is dangerous due to malicious hardware

i also got to know those android boxes are illegal too because they are working similarly like online stream too.

if that is the case, maybe i will consider pay those media service company other than netflix (ie amzon prime, iflix, hbo max etc)
voncrane
post Aug 2 2020, 04:23 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Aug 2 2020, 08:57 AM)
yeah i am still looking for something where i can watch the programs instantly like netflix.

i dont normally watch TV programs (i am more of a pc guy) but as i mentioned earlier i want to let my kid watch his cartoon shows at any time. the reasons were:
a) malaysian netflix have limited seasons. say the cartoon is now at season 5, netflix only has until season 2
b) online stream thru pc is dangerous due to malicious hardware

i also got to know those android boxes are illegal too because they are working similarly like online stream too.

if that is the case, maybe i will consider pay those media service company other than netflix (ie amzon prime, iflix, hbo max etc)
Great and I’m glad you understand how it all works. Usually, it’s 2 ways.. legal and illegally (ehem) means. Legal? We can discuss publicly on here.. others? Will still work but I try not to discuss such openly on here. You can go on fb, got some good groups discussing such. Some paid and others free. Free will need you to do the updating la, keep up with new lists, apks..etc..

But yeah, for simplicity sake.. if you are willing to pay? Just stick with legit sources. Disney+ is a good start cuz well... it’s Disney and synonymous with kids stuff.. There’s also YouTube Kids, you checked that out?
TSklch87
post Aug 2 2020, 04:37 PM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 2 2020, 04:23 PM)
Great and I’m glad you understand how it all works. Usually, it’s 2 ways.. legal and illegally (ehem) means. Legal? We can discuss publicly on here.. others? Will still work but I try not to discuss such openly on here. You can go on fb, got some good groups discussing such. Some paid and others free. Free will need you to do the updating la, keep up with new lists, apks..etc..

But yeah, for simplicity sake.. if you are willing to pay? Just stick with legit sources. Disney+ is a good start cuz well... it’s Disney and synonymous with kids stuff.. There’s also YouTube Kids, you checked that out?
Ok will check that out. Thanks for the advice
voncrane
post Aug 2 2020, 04:50 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Aug 2 2020, 04:37 PM)
Ok will check that out. Thanks for the advice
You are most welcome.. oh yeah, one last thing... Disney+ isn't officially available in Malaysia. So using it requires getting a VPN service as well, in order to access their USA servers. Just an extra cost to note.. Some services are like that too. YouTube Kids doesn't require any VPN connection..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:25 PM