post Jul 26 2020, 06:00 PM, updated 2y ago

24 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by bleachofficial: May 7 2022, 07:56 PM
imnotabot
post Aug 3 2020, 01:26 PM

On my way
531 posts

You are not overestimating yourself. RM8k sounds decent for your experience.

With regards to remote working, I think the best for Malaysian would be Singapore (due to SGD to MYR conversion rate) or neighboring countries in the SEA region. If you want to try Malaysian company, the only company I know that openly allow remote working is Rapid River Software (https://rrsoft.co/careers/).

It's hard to get remote jobs in EU or US due to extreme timezone difference. Plus, a lot of companies require you to be able to work legally for them (i.e. you need to have working visa for that country). So they will prefer candidates from their country. Unless you're pretty damn good that they're willing to absorb the cost of providing the visa for you.
TSbleachofficial
post Aug 3 2020, 04:29 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(imnotabot @ Aug 3 2020, 02:26 PM)
You are not overestimating yourself. RM8k sounds decent for your experience.

With regards to remote working, I think the best for Malaysian would be Singapore (due to SGD to MYR conversion rate) or neighboring countries in the SEA region. If you want to try Malaysian company, the only company I know that openly allow remote working is Rapid River Software (https://rrsoft.co/careers/).

It's hard to get remote jobs in EU or US due to extreme timezone difference. Plus, a lot of companies require you to be able to work legally for them (i.e. you need to have working visa for that country). So they will prefer candidates from their country. Unless you're pretty damn good that they're willing to absorb the cost of providing the visa for you.
Thank you for your reply, i guess ill try singapore
bumpo
post Aug 3 2020, 04:34 PM

On my way
632 posts

without looking at individual capability, on average, 4yrs experience asking 8k is on the high side even when compared to mnc pay scale
its not impossible but opportunity will be more limited and challenging since you will be going up against others with more experience

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM