Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What we need to collect from app developer?, Help

views

TSrandylim11 P
post Jul 26 2020, 01:27 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
1 posts

Hello any sifu out there can tell me about this?

What is the correct procedure when a developer finished your app and the development side? What does the developer need to provide in order for the client to have all the necessary features/files in order to make sure everything is with the client?
WongGei
post Jul 26 2020, 02:13 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

Depends on the structure of the app and the agreement. The most important will be the admin login, not only the app but the server's.
The developer might not willing to give source code, then the maintainer need at least the contact for bugs fix.
bumpo
post Jul 28 2020, 08:59 AM

On my way
632 posts

some will claim ownership of the sourcecode and relevant resources thats part of the build. i come across this as the most common when external staffs are employed e.g. contractors/freelance

more corporate customers might even insist that you do your build using only the equipment and environment that they provide you i.e. they own everything. this is when contractors are used for core system builds.
not all that uncommon for it to tie in with signing nda that prevents you from reusing the build

others might not care and expect just the running apps and everything else you need to handle by yourself. seen this a few times when build is initiated by marketing teams where they need the app for some events. kinda like single use throw away apps sweat.gif

all depends on the situation. there is no one size fits all approach laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bumpo: Jul 28 2020, 09:05 AM
SUSjbcoder
post Jul 28 2020, 10:27 AM

Enthusiast
783 posts

There should be an agreement/invoice that states the deliverables. If source code is not mentioned, then the developer is not obligated to give it to you. Withholding source code is one way a developer exercise control for continuous recurrent business and security of payment. If they give that up to you, then you might give it to their competitor to resume the work. You should always have a proper agreement for the deliverables

This post has been edited by jbcoder: Jul 28 2020, 10:27 AM
DevGuru1 P
post Aug 17 2020, 08:42 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(randylim11 @ Jul 26 2020, 01:27 PM)
Hello any sifu out there can tell me about this?

What is the correct procedure when a developer finished your app and the development side? What does the developer need to provide in order for the client to have all the necessary features/files in order to make sure everything is with the client?
Hi there, everything should be written on a contract and in requirements! thumbsup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 PM