FREE TRIAL EXPANSION, Play up to Level 60 for FREE

views

TSshojikun
post Jul 23 2020, 09:06 AM, updated 3y ago

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

user posted image

Free trial restriction still applied

You can play all the ARR + all the HW expansion for free with the Free Trial Account.

gain access to all the HW Jobs. (DRK, MCH & AST)

No you can't get SAM, GNB, DNC, RDM

BelaCHAN
post Jul 23 2020, 09:26 AM

On my way
550 posts

Free bump for you.

Thinking of going back in =D
wailam
post Jul 23 2020, 09:42 AM

Apa benda ini?
950 posts

I'm in for Nier biggrin.gif
Iqbalzmr P
post Jul 24 2020, 04:43 PM

Probation
0 posts

when will it started thinking of starting the trial on this 30th july

Emily Ratajkowski
post Jul 25 2020, 06:54 PM

Casual
423 posts

Hi, new player here. Nvr play before. When is this free trial ready? I also plan to try a bit this free trial

TSshojikun
post Aug 1 2020, 07:30 PM

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Jul 25 2020, 06:54 PM)
Hi, new player here. Nvr play before. When is this free trial ready? I also plan to try a bit this free trial
the expansion on Free Trial will start on 11th August,

YOU CAN STILL play the free trial now, but the lockout is at Lvl 35~ it will not end.
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 1 2020, 08:35 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(shojikun @ Aug 1 2020, 07:30 PM)
the expansion on Free Trial will start on 11th August,

YOU CAN STILL play the free trial now, but the lockout is at Lvl 35~ it will not end.
If I start now, when the new trial thing update will I be able to play till 60?

TSshojikun
post Aug 1 2020, 10:37 PM

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Aug 1 2020, 08:35 PM)
If I start now, when the new trial thing update will I be able to play till 60?
yes
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 1 2020, 11:12 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(shojikun @ Aug 1 2020, 10:37 PM)
yes
Aiyak... I need to trouble you for some guide.

I read the handbook. It says need to buy the eu version.
But that doesn't mean I have to register sqenix account under EU country right?

Right now I'm trying to create a free trial account. But for some reason cannot find Malaysia as a country. How? What did you select?
1)I selected british english.
2)
user posted image

-----
Part 2:
So I found out that malaysia is not on sqenix. So malaysians just pakai hantam any european country. Most of you guys pick UK if I'm not wrong.

But finally when I register UK, I get this error message when I try to validate the email "Error Code: i2501"

This error message means that usually credit card payment will have problem due to region. Obviously because I select UK but I'm in malaysia.

So how to solve?

This post has been edited by Emily Ratajkowski: Aug 1 2020, 11:24 PM
TSshojikun
post Aug 2 2020, 12:10 AM

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Aug 1 2020, 11:12 PM)
Aiyak... I need to trouble you for some guide.

I read the handbook. It says need to buy the eu version.
But that doesn't mean I have to register sqenix account under EU country right?

Right now I'm trying to create a free trial account. But for some reason cannot find Malaysia as a country. How? What did you select?
1)I selected british english.
2)
user posted image

-----
Part 2:
So I found out that malaysia is not on sqenix. So malaysians just pakai hantam any european country. Most of you guys pick UK if I'm not wrong.

But finally when I register UK, I get this error message when I try to validate the email "Error Code: i2501"

This error message means that usually credit card payment will have problem due to region. Obviously because I select UK but I'm in malaysia.

So how to solve?
Try to use any free VPN UK, sometime that might work la haha

think the email too need to be UK or sort. i use gmail and registered as UK account on email side.

When u apply for the free trial, it will send email to your mail, that mail will guide you to create squareenix account, so hantam UK also

mana tau in future u wanna join subscription, atleast UK paying in pound is much cheaper than USD, trust me.
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 2 2020, 09:24 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(shojikun @ Aug 2 2020, 12:10 AM)

think the email too need to be UK or sort. i use gmail and registered as UK account on email side.

When u apply for the free trial, it will send email to your mail, that mail will guide you to create squareenix account, so hantam UK also

mana tau in future u wanna join subscription, atleast UK paying in pound is much cheaper than USD, trust me.
sweat.gif Haih this square. They want new players one or not. Make until so susah. ANyway I try first. If got anything I tag you again.
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 2 2020, 09:51 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(shojikun @ Aug 2 2020, 12:10 AM)

Ok I really have to slam square liao. This is ridiculous.

I got check all their user faq, all say disable vpn. Also, there's no such thing as gmail uk apparently.
So seems like the only way I can get past the error message is to contact support. But their support doesn't open until monday.

Then I try to find contact for support. But they never list.
I try to find chat support don't have.
I try to find email support must jump through hoops to fill up a form. There's no general email to msg.

Fine I fill up the form and gotten a ticket number.
But then no confirmation that the form was submitted. I check my email nothing.
I want to put in the ticket number to check status but can't find a place to put it in.

God damn sqenix. I just want to register for a free trial. You can't even get that right.

I've spent almost 2 days trying to get past the starting line. You're really making it hard to play this game.

This post has been edited by Emily Ratajkowski: Aug 2 2020, 10:43 AM
TSshojikun
post Aug 2 2020, 11:04 AM

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Aug 2 2020, 09:51 AM)
Ok I really have to slam square liao. This is ridiculous.

I got check all their user faq, all say disable vpn. Also, there's no such thing as gmail uk apparently.
So seems like the only way I can get past the error message is to contact support. But their support doesn't open until monday.

Then I try to find contact for support. But they never list.
I try to find chat support don't have.
I try to find email support must jump through hoops to fill up a form. There's no general email to msg.

Fine I fill up the form and gotten a ticket number.
But then no confirmation that the form was submitted. I check  my email nothing.
I want to put in the ticket number to check status but can't find a place to put it in.

God damn sqenix. I just want to register for a free trial. You can't even get that right.

I've spent almost 2 days trying to get past the starting line. You're really making it hard to play this game.
because Malaysia is not under services for FFXIV.

that the sad part.
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 2 2020, 11:06 AM

Casual
423 posts

Update:

Ok I managed to get past the error code by doing the trial registration process using my phone data (this is recommended by some redditors). This time after I put in my square id, I didn't get error message. For some reason I think my ip address kena flag. But phone is not flagged.

So I managed to get to the part where they send me an email and ask me to download the client.

I then logged in with my square enix ID, and started downloading the game. The client says that my trial account is successfully activated.

Do note the trial client installer is different from the full client installer. WHen I used full client installer, I have to enter some game code - which you will have only if you bought the game. For trial version this screen to enter game code is skipped. I know this because I tried both installers.

I will update if anything else.

Extra edit: I think after this, if I want to play the full version, and I try to make the mog account. I will get the same error again. Because I think my IP is flagged. The only way to clear this is probably to contact support. But that can wait for now I guess.

This post has been edited by Emily Ratajkowski: Aug 2 2020, 11:11 AM
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 2 2020, 11:47 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(shojikun @ Aug 2 2020, 11:04 AM)
because Malaysia is not under services for FFXIV.

that the sad part.
Bro I'm writing this guide with more descriptions. You can update in your newbie playbook. I'm writing this while my memory still fresh.

Guide to registering ff14 free trial for Malaysians.
1) a few things to know: square Enix had thier own account which you must register for. This is required to register your free trial. Square Enix account is a parent account that encompasses all square products.
2) there is something else called mog Station that is the ff14 account management. This one deals with ff14 only and you won't need this for free trial. You will however need this for paid subscription management.
3)first register for square Enix account, select EU-UK. I had a problem when I registered that nothing happened at first. No email confirmation etc. But it activated after about 30mins. This110
10 is rare nowadays because registration usually instant. Just take note in case you didn't get any confirmation.

4)after the square Enix account is created, register the free trial at the website. Again select EU-UK because Malaysia is not available in the list.
5)at this point 2 things can happen:
A) you have no issues. In this case you will get an email with link to download the client. Just follow the instructions. Some things to note: the trial installer is different from the full version installer. This installer will not ask you for a game code. When you first install you need to give it some time. For some reason developers never put a progress bar, but it is actually downloading some essential files. If you immediately try to run the shortcut nothing will happen. But after a while it will be OK.

B)or you can get an error code i2501. This is a catch all error code for suspicious activity. It is common for malaysian. If this happens you need to contact customer support to clear this flag on your ip. Or you can try to complete the registration with your phone data. Somehow telco data doesn't raise a flag. Make sure you're not connected to WiFi on your phone. After registering, just follow the email to complete the game installation.
TSshojikun
post Aug 4 2020, 03:34 PM

エオルゼア
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Emily Ratajkowski @ Aug 2 2020, 11:47 AM)
Bro I'm writing this guide with more descriptions. You can update in your newbie playbook. I'm writing this while my memory still fresh.

Guide to registering ff14 free trial for Malaysians.
1) a few things to know: square Enix had thier own account which you must register for. This is required to register your free trial. Square Enix account is a parent account that encompasses all square products.
2) there is something else called mog Station that is the ff14 account management. This one deals with ff14 only and you won't need this for free trial. You will however need this for paid subscription management.
3)first register for square Enix account, select EU-UK. I had a problem when I registered that nothing happened at first. No email confirmation etc. But it activated after about 30mins. This110
10 is rare nowadays because registration usually instant. Just take note in case you didn't get any confirmation.

4)after the square Enix account is created, register the free trial at the website. Again select EU-UK because Malaysia is not available in the list.
5)at this point 2 things can happen:
A) you have no issues. In this case you will get an email with link to download the client. Just follow the instructions. Some things to note: the trial installer is different from the full version installer. This installer will not ask you for a game code. When you first install you need to give it some time. For some reason developers never put a progress bar, but it is actually downloading some essential files. If you immediately try to run the shortcut nothing will happen. But after a while it will be OK.

B)or you can get an error code i2501. This is a catch all error code for suspicious activity. It is common for malaysian. If this happens you need to contact customer support to clear this flag on your ip. Or you can try to complete the registration with your phone data. Somehow telco data doesn't raise a flag. Make sure you're not connected to WiFi on your phone. After registering, just follow the email to complete the game installation.
done @ https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=62697718
ashx
post Aug 4 2020, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

Just to update status above post.

I started trial. Download from SE launcher from site, and proceed to play the trial. It detected my account as trial.

I just purchase a key(EU) complete from offgamer for RM95+.

Update it at mog station to become full game.(my launcher has status bar like any downloader with ETA download..

Restart launcher and it auto update to full game.

Complete newbie here smile.gif

This post has been edited by ashx: Aug 4 2020, 04:13 PM
nickykee
post Aug 12 2020, 03:15 PM

45 posts

sorry can you guys recommend which server to play again?? just started to try out.

is this list correct?

ELEMENTAL DC: Tonberry
ELEMENTAL DC: Kujata
Or
MANA DC: Masamune
MANA DC: Asura

ashx
post Aug 12 2020, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

i'm at kujata, only abt lvl 20 heh. Maybe we can level together? I'm new too.

Any clan around?

This post has been edited by ashx: Aug 12 2020, 04:50 PM
Emily Ratajkowski
post Aug 19 2020, 08:39 PM

Casual
423 posts

shojikun Hey shoji, I hit my gil cap at 300k. What can I spend it on?

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 PM