Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yamaha Avantiz vs Benelli vz125i

views

TSMJD P
post Jul 10 2020, 09:49 AM, updated 4y ago

Probation
0 posts

Hi guys,

I wish to buy scooter for my daily commute to office(around 70km two way). Can help me to decide on which scooter to buy based on your experience. I was thinking to buy either avantiz or benelli vz125i.

1. Overall performance of both?
2. Maintenance cost?
3. Fuel efficiency - kilometres per litre (kmpl)?
4. Resale value? ( I am thinking of using for maximum 2 years and sell it)
Also, is it good to buy a second hand scooter or new one? I want to buy on cash.
Any store recommendations for new/second hand in Selangor Area.

If you have any other scooter recommendations also let me know.

Thank you so much!

desx
post Jul 10 2020, 10:17 AM

31 posts

just go for yamaha...if 2nd, look for nouvo lc 135
Zaire.Ver
post Jul 10 2020, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

juz close eyes choose yamaha
no regret
no need to overthink

2nd hand is good

This post has been edited by Zaire.Ver: Jul 10 2020, 10:20 AM
Dreadlock13
post Jul 10 2020, 10:41 AM

Casual
480 posts

Take a deep breath and choose yamaha
eyez98
post Jul 10 2020, 11:24 AM

Isaactan.Net
1,521 posts

yamaha has always enjoyed a better resale value
TSMJD P
post Jul 10 2020, 01:22 PM

Probation
0 posts

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the fuel efficiency ya for avantiz? I heard it has way less kmpl than other scooters, be it benelli or vario or sym! True?

Is mudah the better option to look for second hand or buy from the store?
Zephyral
post Jul 10 2020, 03:31 PM

43 posts

QUOTE(MJD @ Jul 10 2020, 09:49 AM)
Hi guys,

I wish to buy scooter for my daily commute to office(around 70km two way). Can help me to decide on which scooter to buy based on your experience. I was thinking to buy either avantiz or benelli vz125i.

2. Maintenance cost?
Also, is it good to buy a second hand scooter or new one? I want to buy on cash.

Thank you so much!
1. I don't know either model well enough so my view is very general at best, but as far as performance its not that great a difference for 125cc la. how many days you constipation will probably affect the performance more than any model difference.

2. Yamaha is tried and proven, and its not at all expensive to maintain. You'll definitely find more support for Yamaha so you should get cheaper and more readily available parts.

3. Just get the Yamaha la. don't really need to worry about the FC all that much, all these small capacity motorcycle/scooter more or less the same one la. Even thirsty models probably cost you nothing more than a plate of nasi lemak a month.

4. Honestly at this price i would go for new since the secondhand are not much cheaper, unless the condition is quite crap. that being said, I think the avantiz is one of those bikes that is sometimes used to change plate number so you might be able to get good 2nd hand deal for a pre-reg one if shop around. If you find a good secondhand then you can potentially use for two years and still sell it for a good price not much lower than what you paid for. if you get new you'll probably lose about 1k more when it comes time to sell vs buying and selling a secondhand one. so its really up to you how much you value a virgin bike.
leon898
post Jul 10 2020, 04:00 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(MJD @ Jul 10 2020, 09:49 AM)
Hi guys,

2. Maintenance cost?

Thank you so much!
1. I would assume that u are referring to top speed? Avantiz has higher top speed..but VZ got better acceleration IMHO
2. More or less the same. But yamaha part will be easier to find
3. Not sure
4. Resale hands down Yamaha

Other recommendation: Vario.
TSMJD P
post Jul 10 2020, 11:41 PM

Probation
0 posts

Thanks for the detailed reply.. much appreciated.
post Jul 13 2020, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

70km daily better get a vario. 150cc. Design for long run. 125cc get cupcai.
taraobil
post Jul 13 2020, 10:43 AM

2 posts

I have the Avantiz and it's a good scooter. Good enough for the city, top speed (80KG rider) is 95 km/h on mine. Service wiese oil every 2000 KM, gearbox oil every 4000. Fuel efficiency I do around 80 KM with 3 liters (I never went down to empty so I don't know full tank). One of the best things it has is that jet helmet fits under the seat, so no need to worry about wet helmet when parking it. It's a good scooter but like may said here, there isn't much difference between scooters.

I bough mine second hand on Mudah 1 year + ago and I see the price is around what I payed still, so resale seems good too.
TSMJD P
post Jul 14 2020, 07:40 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(taraobil @ Jul 13 2020, 10:43 AM)
I have the Avantiz and it's a good scooter. Good enough for the city, top speed (80KG rider) is 95 km/h on mine. Service wiese oil every 2000 KM, gearbox oil every 4000. Fuel efficiency I do around 80 KM with 3 liters (I never went down to empty so I don't know full tank). One of the best things it has is that jet helmet fits under the seat, so no need to worry about wet helmet when parking it. It's a good scooter but like may said here, there isn't much difference between scooters.

I bough mine second hand on Mudah 1 year + ago and I see the price is around what I payed still, so resale seems good too.
What is the total service cost for 2000km and 4000km?
If 80km with 3 litres, then it is around 25 kmpl. I actually expected more for a scooter.
SUSXXXOOOXXXOOO
post Jul 14 2020, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,471 posts

QUOTE(MJD @ Jul 14 2020, 07:40 PM)
If 80km with 3 litres, then it is around 25 kmpl. I actually expected more for a scooter.
Scooter should be less than gear bike on fuel consumption.
TSMJD P
post Jul 15 2020, 11:37 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Zephyral @ Jul 10 2020, 03:31 PM)
1. I don't know either model well enough so my view is very general at best, but as far as performance its not that great a difference for 125cc la. how many days you constipation will probably affect the performance more than any model difference.

2. Yamaha is tried and proven, and its not at all expensive to maintain. You'll definitely find more support for Yamaha so you should get cheaper and more readily available parts.

3. Just get the Yamaha la. don't really need to worry about the FC all that much, all these small capacity motorcycle/scooter more or less the same one la. Even thirsty models probably cost you nothing more than a plate of nasi lemak a month.

4. Honestly at this price i would go for new since the secondhand are not much cheaper, unless the condition is quite crap. that being said, I think the avantiz is one of those bikes that is sometimes used to change plate number so you might be able to get good 2nd hand deal for a pre-reg one if shop around. If you find a good secondhand then you can potentially use for two years and still sell it for a good price not much lower than what you paid for. if you get new you'll probably lose about 1k more when it comes time to sell vs buying and selling a secondhand one. so its really up to you how much you value a virgin bike.
//I think the avantiz is one of those bikes that is sometimes used to change plate number so you might be able to get good 2nd hand deal for a pre-reg one if shop around. //

What you meant by this statement... Can explain pls? Change plate number for what?
SUSXXXOOOXXXOOO
post Jul 16 2020, 12:01 AM

Regular
1,471 posts

QUOTE(MJD @ Jul 15 2020, 11:37 PM)
//I think the avantiz is one of those bikes that is sometimes used to change plate number so you might be able to get good 2nd hand deal for a pre-reg one if shop around. //

What you meant by this statement... Can explain pls? Change plate number for what?
when owner want to interchange their number plate, there have to one new n one old. for example some one bought one new fancy number (example abc 1234) plate but his new car not arrived yet, so he purchase that plate and park under new bike, when new car arrived than exchange plate with that old bike.

taraobil
post Jul 19 2020, 08:32 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(MJD @ Jul 14 2020, 07:40 PM)

The 2000 km is oil change, and 4000 is oil and gearbox oil. The price depends on the type of oil you get, but somewhere around 20 for engine oil and 25 for gearbox oil.
Eng_Tat
post Jul 27 2020, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,199 posts

70km better get vario or nmax. I am using vario. Travels about 100km a day. Can last 2 days...tanks 5.5l I gets around 45kml vario price range 7.2k to 7.6k...nmax is 8.5k. Vario interval service is 6k, u can do every 3k. Eo 3k, Go 6k. Eo just used normal honda scooter mb grade. I already covered 16k km plus in 111

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:48 PM