Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel between Malaysia and Singapore to be...

views

TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 7 2020, 12:41 PM, updated 4y ago

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

The reopening of borders between Malaysia and Singapore is expected to be made known as early as next month, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said today.
Hishammuddin said ongoing discussions with his Singaporean counterparts consisted of proposed four travelling categories — Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL), Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA), citizens from both countries commuting daily and full border reopening.

“I am delighted to announce that negotiations for the first two categories went positively and the decision in regards to it is expected to be jointly announced by the Malaysian and Singaporean government early next month.
“Through this discussion, Malaysia has consistently emphasised on the interest of both countries in achieving a consensus in terms of standard operating procedures (SOP) and public health protocols for Covid-19,” he said in a statement.

Hishammuddin said the RGL is for essential business and official matters involving both countries while PCA enables Malaysian and Singaporean citizens holding long-term immigration passes (for business and worker purposes) to return home periodically for a short break.

Earlier today, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said Malaysia’s special ministerial meeting on the movement control order had been discussing travel SOPs for the business community as an estimated 250,000 Malaysians cross the Causeway daily for work.
Hishammuddin said reopening the borders is not easy as the governments have to consider measures to curb Covid-19 can continue.

Hishammuddin also confirmed discussions were underway with six countries categorised as Covid-19 green zones in allowing international travels with exemptions.
The six Covid-19 green zone countries for conditional reopening of international borders were identified as Singapore, Brunei, New Zealand, Japan, Australia and South Korea.

Hishammuddin said the exemptions included those with official businesses, international students seeking to continue their studies and the importation of food supplies to neighbouring countries in South-east Asia.
“However, any decision in regards to the above exemption will only be finalised during the special ministerial meeting on the MCO and the Cabinet,” he said.
user posted image
Source: Travel between Malaysia & Singapore
Hopefully, travel in green zones will take place and things will be back to normal. rclxm9.gif
achong09
post Jul 9 2020, 01:36 PM

Regular
1,160 posts

not yet la... wait la..
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 9 2020, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(achong09 @ Jul 9 2020, 01:36 PM)
not yet la... wait la..
Yeah, I know. sweat.gif
user posted image
There are 158 new coronavirus patients confirmed as of Wednesday noon (July 8), taking Singapore's total to 45,298.
They include nine community cases, comprising four Singaporeans and permanent residents and five work pass holders, said the Ministry of Health (MOH).
There are also three imported cases, all of whom had been placed on stay-home notice (SHN) upon arrival in Singapore.
Migrant workers living in dormitories make up the vast majority of the other cases.

Singapore reports 158 new Covid-19 cases

river.sand
post Jul 9 2020, 02:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

How come Vietnam not in the green zone list sad.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 10 2020, 09:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jul 9 2020, 02:44 PM)
I'm also not sure bro. hmm.gif
Their country seem to be doing OK.
Source: Vietnam records 14 new Covid-19 cases
user posted image
Vietnam reported 14 new cases of Covid-19 infection on Monday (July 6), bringing its total confirmed cases to 369 with zero deaths so far, according to its Health Ministry.
The latest cases who are all Vietnamese, have recently returned to the country from Bangladesh, said the ministry, noting that they were quarantined upon arrival.

TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 14 2020, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

Just to update this thread.
Source: Malaysia & Singapore to reopen borders Aug 10
After a hiatus of almost five months, Malaysia and Singapore are expected to reopen the border to different groups of travellers beginning Aug 10.

In a joint press statement by Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein and his Singaporean counterpart Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said that both governments have agreed to implement the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) and Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA).
“These two schemes are meant to address the needs of different groups of cross-border travellers between both countries, ” they said in a statement.
They said that the RGL would enable cross-border travel for essential business and official purposes between both countries.

Eligible travellers will have to abide by the prevailing Covid-19 prevention and public health measures mutually agreed upon by both countries, which include undergoing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swab tests.
They added that travellers would also be expected to submit a controlled itinerary to the relevant authorities of the receiving country and adhere to this controlled itinerary during their visit.

Meanwhile they added that the PCA would allow residents of Singapore and Malaysia who hold long-term immigration passes for business and work purposes in the other country to enter that country for work.
“After at least three consecutive months in their country of work, they may return to their home country for short-term home leave and thereafter re-enter their country of work to continue work for at least another three consecutive months, ” they added.

They added that travellers would also have to abide by the prevailing Covid-19 prevention and public health measures mutually agreed by both countries.
They said that officials in Malaysia and Singapore were working expeditiously towards the targeted implementation of the RGL and the PCA on August 10.

They added that this would give the opportunity for the relevant agencies of both Governments to continue their consultation to finalise the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the two initiatives.

Malaysia and Singapore also said in the joint statement that both governments have agreed to publish the requirements, health protocols, and application process involved for entry and exit into Malaysia and Singapore 10 days prior to their implementation of the RGL and PCA.

They said that this is being done in recognition of the keen interest of residents in Malaysia and Singapore and to facilitate smooth cross-border flow.

The statement added that Malaysia and Singapore have also agreed to develop other appropriate schemes for the cross-border movement of people including a daily cross-border commuting proposal for work purposes for travellers from both countries, while taking into account the required health protocols and available medical resources in both countries to ensure the safety of the citizens of both sides.

This will allow both sides to progressively restore cross-border people-to-people interaction and economic exchanges.

Malaysia closed the border on March 18, when the movement control order was implemented.
Only a few hundred lorries ply the two land crossings with Singapore daily.

chinti
post Jul 14 2020, 02:31 PM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

haiz...waiting so my fren can send his swork to me...
river.sand
post Jul 14 2020, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 14 2020, 01:45 PM)
only for essential & business purposes only bangwall.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 14 2020, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(river.sand @ Jul 14 2020, 03:26 PM)
only for essential & business purposes only  bangwall.gif
For the time being, I think this is good enough because there are still active cases in Singapore.
There are 322 new coronavirus cases confirmed as of Monday noon (July 13), taking Singapore's total to 46,283.
They include 11 community cases, comprising two Singaporeans or permanent residents and nine work pass holders, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Monday.

Source: Singapore Covid-19-cases above 300
user posted image

This post has been edited by Justin.Loong: Jul 14 2020, 04:29 PM
kit2
post Jul 17 2020, 11:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

Malaysia doesn’t like Vietnam.
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 28 2020, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image
Cross-border travel between Malaysia and Singapore is expected to resume on Aug 17 at the earliest, as announced by Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein on July 26.

This came about after both countries agreed to and finalised the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the implementation of the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) and Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) travel schemes.

Hishammuddin had said that Malaysians who are eligible for the two schemes can submit their applications to the Immigration Department from Aug 10.

However, for some Malaysians who currently work in Singapore, such a move, while appreciated, will have little impact or bearing on their current predicament and situation.

Marcus Wong, 41 – a process technician who has been working with a petrochemical company in Singapore for close to nine years – said that his fate is largely determined by his employer, as well as the current Covid-19 situation.
"When the Movement Control Order (MCO) was first implemented back in the middle of March, I could not go to work in Singapore for almost four months, and during this period, I was very worried if I still had a job because I am the sole breadwinner for my young family, and none of us knew how long the MCO would be in effect.

"There are eleven Malaysians, including myself, who work for the petrochemical company, and early last month, those with Permanent Residency (PR) status, four in total, were called back to work, while the rest of us on S-pass (a pass that allows mid-level skilled workers to work in Singapore) were summoned back to work on June 14 by our employers to avert the S$2,200 (RM6,780) cost for the two-week quarantine from June 18 onwards that would no longer be borne by the Singapore government.

"So the six of us returned to Singapore on June 14, completed the two-week quarantine where, thankfully, all of us remained safe and healthy, and we've been back to work ever since, though we no longer commute daily back and forth to work like before, but instead, our employers have graciously provided us with accommodation of serviced apartments due to the current circumstances," said Marcus, whose stay-at-home wife lives in Johor Baru taking care of their 14-month-old baby boy.

Marcus pointed out that he counts his lucky stars for still having a job and for the fact that his employers are footing the bill for his current accommodation, which would have been too expensive for him to bear – but it has come at a cost, as he is unable to see his wife and son daily, as before.
"I miss my wife and my son very much, but we communicate daily on the phone, though because of the current situation, I expect that I'll have to be away from them for at least a few months before I can see them again. But it's a necessary sacrifice which my wife understands, as this is what pays the bills, but I do wonder about our other fellow Malaysians who also work in Singapore and how they are coping, as many of us who work in Singapore are sole breadwinners for our respective families," said Marcus.

Rachel Ong, 29, who worked with a well-known food and beverage outlet across the Causeway, was not so lucky, as her employment was terminated just days ago no thanks to the pandemic and its economic impact.
"I'm back in Johor Baru now after losing my job just last week. Before the MCO, just like thousands of other fellow Malaysians, I used to commute to work across the Causeway by public transport on a daily basis. And then, because of Covid-19, I was forced to stump up S$300 (RM925) a month for a bunkbed in a cramped apartment shared with ten other fellow Malaysians so as to stay in Singapore (to keep my job).

"It was tough, as during the MCO period, most of us only got our basic salary, while many others including Singaporeans lost their jobs. So to complement my depleted income, I volunteered at one of the community isolation centres for the needed added income, and then just last week, a whole lot of us were let go.

"Despite all that has happened, I am remaining as calm as can be and weighing my options as I look for another job in Singapore. The announcement on the cross border travel from Aug 17 is a welcome move, but then again, there are also other factors to consider, such as the quarantine and the accompanying added cost such as accommodation on the island republic, apart from what the employer is willing to do to help us," said Rachel, who hails from Miri, Sarawak.

The RGL will enable cross-border travel for essential business and official purposes between both countries; while the PCA will allow residents of both Singapore and Malaysia with long-term immigration passes to commute for business and work in the other country.

Hishammuddin had also said that for the two other proposed schemes, namely for those who commute daily to Singapore for work (Category 3) and the total re-opening of the border (Category 4), both governments are still studying the feasibility of various details before implementing them.

Source: Resumption cross border M'sia Spore not boon all
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 28 2020, 03:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

Luckily we haven't opened the international flights to Vietnam yet because...Vietnam to evacuate 80,000 people from Danang sweat.gif doh.gif sad.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 28 2020, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jul 14 2020, 02:31 PM)
haiz...waiting so my fren can send his swork to me...
Derail this thread a bit... dry.gif

ehhh? I thought either miaopurr or lilredridinghood recommended to get the Camp?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

OK, back to topic. tongue.gif
chinti
post Jul 28 2020, 03:15 PM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 28 2020, 03:12 PM)
Derail this thread a bit...  dry.gif

ehhh? I thought either miaopurr or lilredridinghood recommended to get the Camp?

OK, back to topic.  tongue.gif
fck camp, camp is for riders lik sissycoder
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 28 2020, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jul 28 2020, 03:15 PM)
fck camp, camp is for riders lik sissycoder
ok ok... noted... wink3.gif blush_ani.gif
miaopurr
post Jul 28 2020, 03:41 PM

On my way
570 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 28 2020, 03:12 PM)
Derail this thread a bit...  dry.gif

OK, back to topic.  tongue.gif
bestest value for money
beli 1 percuma 10
skylinelover
post Jul 29 2020, 11:25 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

haha nice

Hope shops like JB banana cake can get back the profit of 2020 CNY laugh.gif laugh.gif
achong09
post Jul 29 2020, 02:51 PM

Regular
1,160 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 28 2020, 03:06 PM)
Luckily we haven't opened the international flights to Vietnam yet because...Vietnam to evacuate 80,000 people from Danang sweat.gif  doh.gif  sad.gif
aiyoh.. then cannot see vietnam chicks liao.. thai chicks also cannot... wah lau all pubs no lui sit with you drink already all batang sad.gif
kamfoo
post Jul 29 2020, 11:48 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

Don't think safe open Singapore border.Thailand safer
TSJustin.Loong
post Aug 4 2020, 09:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

user posted image
AirAsia is gearing up for the resumption of flights between Malaysia and Singapore, including the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route that is touted to be the world’s busiest, following the decision to implement the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL).

This would be followed by other international destinations, subject to approval from the authorities, the low-cost carrier said in a statement today.

For a start, AirAsia will launch daily flights between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, and one weekly flight each between Singapore and Penang, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Ipoh.

These flights were scheduled for the week of Aug 17, subject to further announcements by the governments, it said.
user posted image
AirAsia said it welcomed the decision by the Malaysian and Singapore governments to open up cross-border travel for essential business and official purposes between both countries through the RGL scheme.

The RGL scheme requires eligible travellers to abide by the prevailing Covid-19 prevention and public health measures mutually agreed on by both countries, which include undergoing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swab tests.

AirAsia Group chief executive officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said the airline was thoroughly committed towards resuming air connectivity and thus reviving economic activities in the region.

“The RGL might only be the first step but certainly is most important as both countries start to revive the economy,” he said.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:49 PM