Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

newbie questions

views

TSholyghost
post Jul 4 2020, 11:20 AM, updated 4y ago

Casual
337 posts

knew about this game for long time but never played. like to try it now. can anyone help me with

1) is there a prepaid topup system instead tying my cc for monthly subscription? if there is, where can i get the topup?

2) if i start now, should i go for classic or the 'normal' wow?

tq in advance notworthy.gif
andylse
post Jul 5 2020, 10:38 PM

28 posts

1. Go 7 eleven buy the MoL ticket top up for monthly subscription.
2. I suggested u play wow classic to enjoy the dungeon & raid content for catch up the game. 😆
3. Im returned player and wish to play wow classic, maybe u can play with me 😝.
dimensionx
post Jul 8 2020, 07:12 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(holyghost @ Jul 4 2020, 11:20 AM)
knew about this game for long time but never played. like to try it now. can anyone help me with

1) is there a prepaid topup system instead tying my cc for monthly subscription? if there is, where can i get the topup?

2) if i start now, should i go for classic or the 'normal' wow?

tq in advance  notworthy.gif
Battle.Net online shop itself offer the option to buy game time using your cc. You can buy 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, at the same price of a subscription. And your cc will not be recorded. I use this option because this make it easier for me to stop to take a break from time to time without having to remove cc details.

Personally I play only the "normal" wow. There is already a lot of existing content in wow so if you play the normal wow, you can get to the end level faster and will be able to visit the old content to see the old raids, stories etc. A lot of stories continue from warcraft 3 and it is nice to see how all those characters like Arthas, Illidan etc end up. If you limit yourself to classic then you don't get to see those. You can always play both classic and normal wow at the same time, and you will find leveling in normal wow is much faster due to Blizzard wants you to reach end level as soon as possible.

Also, if you can get someone here to "recruit" you, then both of you can get some nice benefits like faster leveling while playing in a group. Due to new party mechanism, now the recruiter can run their high level characters together with your low levels and do the same quests, dungeons etc while getting level appropriate benefits. For you, the biggest benefit is the faster leveling buff. I believe the buff only work in normal wow though. There should be plenty of people interested in recruiting since the recruiter gets to have lots of rewards the longer you play, and if the recruiter wants to level an alt, he will get to enjoy a faster leveling speed too. It is better if both the recruiter and you are on the same realm so he can help you out by giving you some gold to help out, but if you are on different realm, you can still be grouped and quest together via cross realm mechanism. The only restriction is you cannot trade with each other.

This post has been edited by dimensionx: Jul 8 2020, 07:29 AM
TSholyghost
post Jul 11 2020, 10:28 AM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(dimensionx @ Jul 8 2020, 07:12 AM)
Battle.Net online shop itself offer the option to buy game time using your cc. You can buy 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, at the same price of a subscription. And your cc will not be recorded. I use this option because this make it easier for me to stop to take a break from time to time without having to remove cc details.

Personally I play only the "normal" wow. There is already a lot of existing content in wow so if you play the normal wow, you can get to the end level faster and will be able to visit the old content to see the old raids, stories etc. A lot of stories continue from warcraft 3 and it is nice to see how all those characters like Arthas, Illidan etc end up. If you limit yourself to classic then you don't get to see those. You can always play both classic and normal wow at the same time, and you will find leveling in normal wow is much faster due to Blizzard wants you to reach end level as soon as possible.

Also, if you can get someone here to "recruit" you, then both of you can get some nice benefits like faster leveling while playing in a group. Due to new party mechanism, now the recruiter can run their high level characters together with your low levels and do the same quests, dungeons etc while getting level appropriate benefits. For you, the biggest benefit is the faster leveling buff. I believe the buff only work in normal wow though. There should be plenty of people interested in recruiting since the recruiter gets to have lots of rewards the longer you play, and if the recruiter wants to level an alt, he will get to enjoy a faster leveling speed too. It is better if both the recruiter and you are on the same realm so he can help you out by giving you some gold to help out, but if you are on different realm, you can still be grouped and quest together via cross realm mechanism. The only restriction is you cannot trade with each other.
thanks for the great info smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0103sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:38 PM