Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Microphone shock mount holder screw, Where can I get it?

views

TSPowerGadget
post Jun 30 2020, 11:51 AM, updated 4y ago

On my way
672 posts

Recently I bought one shock mount for my microphone from Taobao, but surprisingly that they didn’t provide me the complete set of it. Something is missing in the package, so basically the shock mount can’t be use.

Anybody know where to get this thing locally? Since taobao seller say it’s not possible to replace the item because I’m oversea buyer..

user posted image
power911
post Jun 30 2020, 12:38 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

what's missing in your case? The complete U head itself, The screw? Or just the threaded adapter?
I assume you can salvage this from other mic holders if you can buy locally but that sucks to buy incomplete product. At least try to get a refund for that.

The screw is a common nut and bolt and can be obtained at any hardware store. Just that it doesn't have fancy thumb wings for you to do quick release then

This post has been edited by power911: Jun 30 2020, 12:40 PM
TSPowerGadget
post Jul 1 2020, 11:45 AM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ Jun 30 2020, 12:38 PM)
what's missing in your case? The complete U head itself, The screw? Or just the threaded adapter?
I assume you can salvage this from other mic holders if you can buy locally but that sucks to buy incomplete product. At least try to get a refund for that.

The screw is a common nut and bolt and can be obtained at any hardware store. Just that it doesn't have fancy thumb wings for you to do quick release then
Thanks for your reply power911, much appreciated your help.

I believe it's the threaded adapter with a screw.

It's so good to know that it's common nut and bolt. So I wondering whether can just buy any shock mount from Shopee and take off the nut and bolt for my case?

Attached the photo for your reference as well.

user posted image

They just sent me this for shock mount, seemed like the screw and holder part missing.
power911
post Jul 1 2020, 05:53 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Jul 1 2020, 12:45 PM)
Thanks for your reply power911, much appreciated your help.

I believe it's the threaded adapter with a screw.

It's so good to know that it's common nut and bolt. So I wondering whether can just buy any shock mount from Shopee and take off the nut and bolt for my case?

Attached the photo for your reference as well.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

They just sent me this for shock mount, seemed like the screw and holder part missing.
It's better you buy a mic holder to fit your shock mount. At least the plastic of mic holder is slightly flexible so you can fit it on your loop

Go budget with something like this. Make sure the bottom piece is correct

Or go like what you suggest. To buy another shock mount just for the base. But I hope your metal base fits yours

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:53 PM