7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Second wave unlikely but stay alert

views

ay@m
post Jun 29 2020, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

i go kopitiam and shopping mall... SOP loosely followed... at least in restaurants and malls...still got try to limit entry and capture names...but if go kopitiam..almost no follow any SOP already...table got mark X so and so...but in actual fact, people still sitting closely together...
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 29 2020, 03:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(miromiro @ Jun 29 2020, 02:52 PM)
Normally shopping compulsory must wear mask but then uncle auntie once they cross the scaning counters they took off the mask and walk around shopping  ... if like that we follow also no use already...
Yalo, that's why la. doh.gif

SS2 durian shops also quite scary to see. Yes, I know need to remove mask to smell and eat durians but still... sweat.gif knock.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 29 2020, 03:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Jun 29 2020, 02:59 PM)
Since the RMCO phase started on 10th June, the virus is well contained inside the country, and it is running out of fuel and burning itself up with each passing day.

We need some brave individuals to 'test the air' and be the 'canary in the coal mine.'

So, be thankful to the uncle to lead the way! smile.gif
I just wish the uncle wasn't in Domino's at the same time as me... sweat.gif cry.gif sad.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 29 2020, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Jun 29 2020, 03:05 PM)
Sigh, say goodbye to international travels for these 2-3 years.
God Bless that we're in Malaysia our domestic destination is good enough.

Pity those in places like singapore or like landlocked country. GG die due to boredom.
user posted image
Source: Singapore-Malaysia cross border travel Green Lane
Singapore and Malaysia have agreed to allow cross-border travel for certain groups of people, including residents who hold long-term immigration passes for business and work purposes.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Muhyiddin Yassin said the two leaders agreed to establish a Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) and a Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) for different groups of travellers.
The RGL will facilitate cross-border travel for essential business and official purposes.
Travellers would have to adhere to a set of COVID-19 prevention and public health measures, said MFA, adding that the measures are being discussed and will have to be mutually agreed upon by both countries.
The PCA, on the other hand, will allow Singapore and Malaysia residents who hold long-term immigration passes for business and work purposes in the other country to periodically return to their home countries for short-term home leave.

If this agreement happens, then very high possibility that Sinkies will also come to Malaysia and other ASEAN travel bubble to visit. rclxm9.gif
sakuraboo
post Jun 29 2020, 04:02 PM

thereisnospoon
1,535 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 29 2020, 02:09 PM)
+1.  nod.gif
I was at Domino's pizza yesterday and this uncle wasn't bothered to wear a mask, write down his name for contact tracing or even scan the app.  :confused:
I was behind him all the time and was amazed with the "tidak apa" attitude.  doh.gif
QUOTE(miromiro @ Jun 29 2020, 02:52 PM)
Normally shopping compulsory must wear mask but then uncle auntie once they cross the scaning counters they took off the mask and walk around shopping  ... if like that we follow also no use already...
QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Jun 29 2020, 02:59 PM)
Since the RMCO phase started on 10th June, the virus is well contained inside the country, and it is running out of fuel and burning itself up with each passing day.

We need some brave individuals to 'test the air' and be the 'canary in the coal mine.'

So, be thankful to the uncle to lead the way! smile.gif
Thing is, when i talk to some uncle aunty, existence is pain for them

Some rather die than live a sad mediocre life daily

At that rate, it's kinda predictable what they are doing
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 29 2020, 04:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(sakuraboo @ Jun 29 2020, 04:02 PM)

Yeah, even during MCO, some of the older uncle and aunties in my taman die die want to go to the park for morning jog / walk / taichi / gossip. whistling.gif
They continued until abam PDRM had to swing by and gave them warning on the loud speakers... doh.gif
user posted image

The same uncle and aunties are also going in and out of their houses to buy breakfast and other foods daily when it was more advisable to buy enough supplies for a week. rolleyes.gif shakehead.gif
ScooterBoi
post Jun 29 2020, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(sakuraboo @ Jun 29 2020, 04:02 PM)

Well, we are almost closed to the days before MCO... back to the days in January before there was a serious virus outbreak... don't have to worry too much of being infected unknowingly.

The present situation is even better than in January. The border control is much more stringent, more people is practising social distancing,large social gatherings are prohibited and everyone is well aware and informed of the covid virus.

Even before this, I'm a bit paranoia about my personal health and always avoid unnecessary close contacts with strangers in public and will try to avoid crowds and will choose not to go shopping on the weekends and peak hours, and will only go to the cinema when it is more relatively empty and not full house.

From January till MCO begins on 18th March, I was already alert to the virus outbreak in China and the reported cases of covid-19 among the tourists from China coming here as well as in Thailand, so rather choose to miss several movies which I intended to see.

I have not been to the cinemas since 1917. What a boring life!

Lykpoogi
post Jun 29 2020, 09:09 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

I think people should not go out to shopping mall or restaurant very often at this kind of situation unless it is necessary. Not going to these places will reduce the chance of getting the virus, because that’s is too many people and you don’t who have virus.
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 30 2020, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Jun 29 2020, 05:07 PM)
Well, we are almost closed to the days before MCO... back to the days in January before there was a serious virus outbreak... don't have to worry too much of being infected unknowingly.

The present situation is even better than in January. The border control is much more stringent, more people is practising social distancing,large social gatherings are prohibited and everyone is well aware and informed of the covid virus.

Even before this, I'm a bit paranoia about my personal health and always avoid unnecessary close contacts with strangers in public and will try to avoid crowds and will choose not to go shopping on the weekends and peak hours, and will only go to the cinema when it is more relatively empty and not full house.

From January till MCO begins on 18th March, I was already alert to the virus outbreak in China and the reported cases of covid-19 among the tourists from China coming here as well as in Thailand, so rather choose to miss several movies which I intended to see.

1917? shocking.gif blink.gif sweat.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jun 30 2020, 09:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(Lykpoogi @ Jun 29 2020, 09:09 PM)
I think people should not go out to shopping mall or restaurant very often at this kind of situation unless it is necessary.  Not going to these places will reduce the chance of getting the virus,  because that’s is too many people and you don’t who have virus.
True. Even with the more relaxed MCO, we should be careful. sweat.gif
user posted image
ScooterBoi
post Jun 30 2020, 03:44 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 30 2020, 09:12 AM)
1917?  shocking.gif  blink.gif  sweat.gif
smile.gif

Not a typo, that was purposely phrased to exagerate!

Yes, that's the only movie I seen since January before CNY. Skip another Oscar contender, Parasite which was also showing in January.

I was aware of the virus in Wuhan in December, and was cautious of going out to look look see see in places like Pavillion or Mid Valley which I normally do before CNY.

By CNY, everyone in my circle is talking about the Wuhan virus and the cancelling of flights out of China. That's was about the time the 2 Chinese tourists was tested covid-19 positive and were the first cases reported here. Reported cases of covid-19 was several days earlier in Thailand and Singapore. After CNY, the talk was on the Chinese tourists were being stranded here in Malaysia (and also in Thailand and Singapore) and unable to return home to China.

So, after CNY I did not go back hometown to visit my uncles and aunties as I often do in previous years. They have large families, and I not too sure whether any of their family members... newphews, nieces, in-laws... and friends had recently visited China, Macau, or Hong Kong. Also I had refrained from unnecessary trips to the malls and no more going to the cinema. Also no more road trips to the east coast which I sometimes do after CNY. (I work from home and don't have to commute daily.)

By end of February, the virus had spread widely to Europe and some provinces in Italy was announcing lockdown orders.

So to speak, I was aware and alert of a serious virus outbreak since early January.

So was KKM. When I visited a Klinik Rakyat in first week of March, there was a special tent at its parking lot to screen those people who had recently travelled to China, S.Korea, Iran and Italy, if I recalled correctly. Maybe Saudi Arabia too. If you had recently travelled to the listed countries, you are not allowed to enter the klinik but to press a bell to call a nurse to attend to you.

As mentioned at an interview, KKM had already set contingency plans into motion when they heard of the virus outbreak in Wuhan in December. They had initiiated plans to convert several public hospitals to be covid-19 hospitals to specifically handle a possible virus outbreak. I think another important early initiative was getting test kits to detect the new virus.

andyng38
post Jun 30 2020, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,109 posts

I got an SMS from KKM about 2 hrs ago stating that social functions of 250 ppl will be allowed starting 1st July with a time limit of 3-5 hours, and to refer to the govt's SOP. This is IMO unwise at this juncture.

I'll just continue keeping away from crowds, and will follow the new normal to the best of my ability.
ScooterBoi
post Jun 30 2020, 05:49 PM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Jun 30 2020, 04:57 PM)
I got an SMS from KKM about 2 hrs ago stating that social functions of 250 ppl will be allowed starting 1st July with a time limit of 3-5 hours, and to refer to the govt's SOP. This is IMO unwise at this juncture.

I'll just continue keeping away from crowds, and will follow the new normal to the best of my ability.
Yes, individually we must stay alert and always be cautious. But in my opinion, every MCO phase is going as planned and moving steadily forward when the time is right to re-open certain sectors. From tomorrow onwards, cinemas will be re-opened too.

The virus cannot spread magically on its own. It is from person to person. If there is no virus present in the community or area, no matter what the residents there do, how they interact with each other, they won't be infected.

After 3 months, and multiple incubation periods for the virus to emerge if there is any virus... a green zone with no reported cases of the covid virus really means virus-free.

Personally, we may be cautious, but I would not be critical of social gatherings like wedding functions. It is time to move forward.

Lykpoogi
post Jun 30 2020, 07:33 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 30 2020, 09:21 AM)
True. Even with the more relaxed MCO, we should be careful.  sweat.gif
user posted image
Yah, There are not safe every where until the COVID-19 vaccine come out.
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 1 2020, 09:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Jun 30 2020, 03:44 PM)
smile.gif

Not a typo, that was purposely phrased to exagerate!

Yes, that's the only movie I seen since January before CNY. Skip another Oscar contender, Parasite which was also showing in January.

I was aware of the virus in Wuhan in December, and was cautious of going out to look look see see in places like Pavillion or Mid Valley which I normally do before CNY.

By CNY, everyone in my circle is talking about the Wuhan virus and the cancelling of flights out of China. That's was about the time the 2 Chinese tourists was tested covid-19 positive and were the first cases reported here. Reported cases of covid-19 was several days earlier in Thailand and Singapore. After CNY, the talk was on the Chinese tourists were being stranded here in Malaysia (and also in Thailand and Singapore) and unable to return home to China.

So, after CNY I did not go back hometown to visit my uncles and aunties as I often do in previous years. They have large families, and I not too sure whether any of their family members... newphews, nieces, in-laws... and friends had recently visited China, Macau, or Hong Kong. Also I had refrained from unnecessary trips to the malls and no more going to the cinema. Also no more road trips to the east coast which I sometimes do after CNY. (I work from home and don't have to commute daily.)

By end of February, the virus had spread widely to Europe and some provinces in Italy was announcing lockdown orders.

So to speak, I was aware and alert of a serious virus outbreak since early January.

So was KKM. When I visited a Klinik Rakyat in first week of March, there was a special tent at its parking lot to screen those people who had recently travelled to China, S.Korea, Iran and Italy, if I recalled correctly. Maybe Saudi Arabia too. If you had recently travelled to the listed countries, you are not allowed to enter the klinik but to press a bell to call a nurse to attend to you.

As mentioned at an interview, KKM had already set contingency plans into motion when they heard of the virus outbreak in Wuhan in December. They had initiiated plans to convert several public hospitals to be covid-19 hospitals to specifically handle a possible virus outbreak. I think another important early initiative was getting test kits to detect the new virus.
Even with the government allowing cinemas to open, I'd avoid it for the time being. sweat.gif sad.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 1 2020, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(andyng38 @ Jun 30 2020, 04:57 PM)

+1 with your comments. Better be safe than sorry. grumble.gif
TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 1 2020, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(Lykpoogi @ Jun 30 2020, 07:33 PM)
Yah, There are not safe  every where until the COVID-19 vaccine come out.
Correct on this.
As you can see recently, more and more people let their guard by not wearing masks, not writing down contact details, etc... doh.gif
So who can guess when the second / third wave will hit. sweat.gif
adamw
post Jul 1 2020, 09:14 AM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(ScooterBoi @ Jun 29 2020, 05:07 PM)

You are even older than mamakutty! brows.gif
ScooterBoi
post Jul 1 2020, 11:01 AM

Regular
1,278 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jul 1 2020, 09:04 AM)
Even with the government allowing cinemas to open, I'd avoid it for the time being.  sweat.gif  sad.gif

That's what's I'm trying to convey... you stay alert and make the decisions.

1917 is the only movie I'd seen since mid January. Regardless of MCO or not, I have chosen to stop going to the cinema when I was alerted to a possible virus outbreak.

As mentioned in previous post, the situation now is better than the situation in February to early March before MCO started.

Everyone is now well aware of this new virus and are wearing mask in public places and know what is social distancing. Compare it to the days in February to mid March, everyone seems to be oblivious to the virus even though there were reported cases in the country.

This morning, I have my first haircut since early March. Choose to do it today, 21 days after 10th June, and in the morning before 10am to be the first customer.

In fact, I'm the only person in the shop aside from the lone barber. All the protection is there... plastic aprons, the barber wearing both face mask and face shield, I was wearing a face mask and the barber adjusted the loops around my ears and used a piece of wire to hook the loops behind my neck.

Come home, wash hands, take a bath and change clothes.

All is good!

TSJustin.Loong
post Jul 1 2020, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(adamw @ Jul 1 2020, 09:14 AM)
You are even older than mamakutty! brows.gif
No, no. What ScooterBoi meant was the "1917" WW1 movie.
user posted image

The movie's director's (Sam Mendes) late grandfather (Alfred Mendes) was where the movie took its inspiration from. excl.gif

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:07 PM