Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TNB Allo Nationwide Open Fibre Expansion, CBJ,Malacca,Perak,Penang,Johor & Kedah

views

SUSCandy12
post Aug 6 2020, 03:02 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(Xelnagakail @ Aug 6 2020, 02:57 PM)
Are you Ipoh folk by any chances? It seems that you are quite familiar with Ipoh places.
My entire childhood grown up in this town.
hammuheado
post Aug 6 2020, 04:27 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Xelnagakail @ Aug 4 2020, 11:23 AM)
Lmao they borrowing TM line? It is very weird to heard that using yellow stripe, in Perak(Menglembu) all the cable comes with orange stripe.

Can you snap a picture of the cable.

Maybe in Melaka they still have old stock of Calix ONU, instead of changing them to huawei they use back the remaining stock? Can snap picture of your ONU and the router?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The ONU is same as the 2nd from the right. I saw Unifi, Maxis, and Astro come to my Taman to promote their plans, but no Digi and Celcom.
SUSCandy12
post Aug 6 2020, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(hammuheado @ Aug 6 2020, 04:27 PM)

The ONU is same as the 2nd from the right. I saw Unifi, Maxis, and Astro come to my Taman to promote their plans, but no Digi and Celcom.

Doesn't look like a FDP box but a junction box which is used to split up fibre strands.
It looks more like a backhaul TM line running on it.

Could you take the picture of the Allo FDP box with the cable connecting to it?

Your previous picture:

user posted image

That pole is a TM pole not a TNB pole, it has copper phone wires running on top.

It is a TM HSBB line, not a TNB Allo cable. You see the 2 shrink wraps running in parallel on top? Those are copper telephone cables by TM. Why is TNB running their fibre on TM poles?

Fast forward to 1:43 onwards, you can see TM Unifi also offering their service on TNB Allo Open Fibre
Digi and Celcom had their booths setup there.

This post has been edited by Candy12: Aug 6 2020, 05:36 PM
SUSCandy12
post Aug 6 2020, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

TM all other Malaysian ISPs must use their lines. But these pictures tell otherwise, more like TM now has to depend on TNB Allo Fibre to expand their Unifi coverage laugh.gif

Noticed the fibre modem(ONT) on the right side of the TM Unifi TP-Link C5V router(also used by Maxis) is a Calix(Ericsson) model provided by Tenaga(TNB)?

user posted image

user posted image

Digi and Celcom Booths:

user posted image
Xelnagakail
post Aug 6 2020, 06:24 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Aug 6 2020, 05:44 PM)
TM all other Malaysian ISPs must use their lines. But these pictures tell otherwise, more like TM now has to depend on TNB Allo Fibre to expand their Unifi coverage  laugh.gif

Noticed the fibre modem(ONT) on the right side of the TM Unifi TP-Link C5V router(also used by Maxis) is a Calix(Ericsson) model provided by Tenaga(TNB)?

user posted image

user posted image

Digi and Celcom Booths:

user posted image
Now that my taman got people put banner at the pole promoting unifi fiber lmao, Iike you said TM now has to depend on TNB Allo fiber to expand their coverage. Bad move and bad pricing, no way I'm going to subscribe TM.

It so weird that TM are able to use TNB fiber line. I thought they both was competing eh?
hammuheado
post Aug 6 2020, 06:47 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Aug 6 2020, 05:15 PM)
Doesn't look like a FDP box but a junction box which is used to split up fibre strands.
It looks more like a backhaul TM line running on it.

Could you take the picture of the Allo FDP box with the cable connecting to it?

Your previous picture:

user posted image

That pole is a TM pole not a TNB pole, it has copper phone wires running on top.

It is a TM HSBB line, not a TNB Allo cable. You see the 2 shrink wraps running in parallel on top? Those are copper telephone cables by TM. Why is TNB running their fibre on TM poles?

Fast forward to 1:43 onwards, you can see TM Unifi also offering their service on TNB Allo Open Fibre
Digi and Celcom had their booths setup there.
Is this FDP box?

SUSCandy12
post Aug 6 2020, 07:21 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(hammuheado @ Aug 6 2020, 06:47 PM)
Is this FDP box?
user posted image
Supposedly but this picture was taken by some reporter and posted at Google Drive?
Don't see any yellow stripe cable?
jcws87
post Aug 6 2020, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

Hi everyone! I'm new to lowyat.net and I have been following tis thread for awhile. Today I went to Wisma TNB to do name changing and I ask the TNB personnel on Allo. She told me that TNB have appoint Maxis as an agent and ask me to contact them.

https://pictr.com/images/2020/08/06/7iWRBB.md.jpg

I contact 1 of the Allo agent and it seems Allo is delaying it rollout as Tmn Kledang Sentosa will only enjoy the fiber on Q4.
SUSCandy12
post Aug 6 2020, 09:42 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(jcws87 @ Aug 6 2020, 09:30 PM)
Hi everyone! I'm new to lowyat.net and I have been following tis thread for awhile. Today I went to Wisma TNB to do name changing and I ask the TNB personnel on Allo. She told me that TNB have appoint Maxis as an agent and ask me to contact them.
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2020/08/06/7iWRBB.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2020/08/06/7iWRBB.md.jpg </a>
I contact 1 of the Allo agent and it seems Allo is delaying it rollout as Tmn Kledang Sentosa will only enjoy the fiber on Q4.
Their official launch is supposed to be 1st quarter 2021 alongside Penang, Johor and Kedah according to the news. But since infra already up maybe they're unofficially taking customers first to earn some revenues and expand further?

If you want your picture to appear in the post, place your image linke like this:

CODE

[IMG]link[/IMG]

jcws87
post Aug 6 2020, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Aug 6 2020, 09:42 PM)

Their official launch is supposed to be 1st quarter 2021 alongside Penang, Johor and Kedah according to the news. But since infra already up maybe they're unofficially taking customers first to earn some revenues and expand further?

If you want your picture to appear in the post, place your image linke like this:

CODE

[IMG]link[/IMG]

Thanks Candy12 for the way of uploading photo, I still need time to learn. And I see you are very active in this post & unifi post. 😂

Attached Image

Today at Tmn Arkid/Tmn Rasi Jaya C10 around 3.15pm

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
CHIP CN
post Aug 6 2020, 10:51 PM

Tuned by CHIP CN
1,262 posts

Dah boleh apply?

Kg sg rokam.

This post has been edited by CHIP CN: Aug 6 2020, 10:52 PM
jcws87
post Aug 6 2020, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

QUOTE(CHIP CN @ Aug 6 2020, 10:51 PM)
Dah boleh apply?

Kg sg rokam.
CHIP CN hanya tempat² tertentu yang ada perkhidmatan Allo fiber, seperti dibawah :-
Attached Image

Harap nanti dalam perancangan ke-2 Allo ada termasuk Kg Sg Rokam
Attached Image
Jasilu90
post Aug 7 2020, 09:56 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

still checking now, means no installation now⋯😞
Xelnagakail
post Aug 7 2020, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Jasilu90 @ Aug 7 2020, 09:56 AM)
still checking now, means no installation now⋯😞
Sad case. Today my tmn only got people put banner only. And I check around my tmn they already have install the terminal(Idk what it call)

user posted image
user posted image

Oh yeah and I see the guy who do installation comes to my tmn, though I don't know they are from which ISP.
Jasilu90
post Aug 7 2020, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Xelnagakail @ Aug 7 2020, 12:51 PM)
Sad case. Today my tmn only got people put banner only. And I check around my tmn they already have install the terminal(Idk what it call)

user posted image
user posted image

Oh yeah and I see the guy who do installation comes to my tmn, though I don't know they are from which ISP.
install modem or install the White box(maybe checking?)
Xelnagakail
post Aug 7 2020, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Jasilu90 @ Aug 7 2020, 12:57 PM)
install modem or install the White box(maybe checking?)
No idea. Just saw them sitting at the back street don't know they do what. Might not be installer, maybe just normal contractor do checking.
dave99021
post Aug 7 2020, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

Have been a long time lurker on both Unifi and this TNB Allo Thread, Thanks for Candy12 for sharing ton's of insight on how these
FTTH structures are plan out an operate on thumbup.gif

I saw a post in this thread mentioning they might be expanding to Botani/Ampang in Phase 2 (Which i assume it will be Taman Ampang Area?)
But i can't get any confirmation from official sources hope someone is able to correct me on that.

Really Frustrated on Unifi Taking their sweet ass time to expand to my house, Only this year they seem to get caught with their pants down
and speed up the enrollment behind my Taman.

Might be coincide with new development behind my housing area but i do hope that TNB are able to pull their fiber lines
here as it has been neglected for the past 10 years vmad.gif
Jasilu90
post Aug 7 2020, 02:53 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(dave99021 @ Aug 7 2020, 01:46 PM)
Have been a long time lurker on both Unifi and this TNB Allo Thread, Thanks for Candy12 for sharing ton's of insight on how these
FTTH structures are plan out an operate on thumbup.gif

I saw a post in this thread mentioning they might be expanding to Botani/Ampang in Phase 2 (Which i assume it will be Taman Ampang Area?)
But i can't get any confirmation from official sources hope someone is able to correct me on that.

Really Frustrated on Unifi Taking their sweet ass time to expand to my house, Only this year they seem to get caught with their pants down
and speed up the enrollment behind my Taman.

Might be coincide with new development behind my housing area but i do hope that TNB are able to pull their fiber lines
here as it has been neglected for the past 10 years vmad.gif
I saw this new
https://www.sinchew.com.my/pad/con/content_2128625.html

Jasilu90
post Aug 7 2020, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Xelnagakail @ Aug 7 2020, 01:01 PM)
No idea. Just saw them sitting at the back street don't know they do what. Might not be installer, maybe just normal contractor do checking.
Until now still not sure who already installed😂😅

TMN kledang emas and taman kledang sentosa can apply CBB now (but installation need to wait 😂)
dave99021
post Aug 7 2020, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(Jasilu90 @ Aug 7 2020, 02:53 PM)
Thanks for the news, Although I have doubt that TNB will expand to those area as the news didn't explicitly mention TNB but by using the Umbrella term HSBB (which could
meant either Unifi or TNB). But their Website Tender Notice do mention on Fiber Infra in Sg Rapat (Fiber Hut?) which located right around Botani And Ampang Area. So all hope is not lost? sweat.gif

I know Candy12 mention that TNB will not overlap TM Unifi location, But from my perspective it's weird that TNB does not utilize their competitive pricing as their advantage,
Unless there's some underhand table agreement that's not Visible to us Consumer.

118 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:56 AM