Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommended Mass Gain Protein, Low Cholestrol / fat

views

TSHolyjolly
post Jun 14 2020, 08:03 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
365 posts

Hi, I have been taking ON whey protein but the result seems not so significant as I am skinny before this.
However, I managed to increase my weight away from underweight or muscle mass with work out.

I am thinking to give a try on mass gain protein, to increase calories intake.
I have high cholesterol issue (exceeding the upper limit), even though I have been eating clean, routine exercise etc.

Any recommended good mass gain protein with low cholesterol / fat%?
It would be added point if the protein is low in sugar & less artificial flavoring.

Thank you for your input in advance.

This post has been edited by Holyjolly: Jun 14 2020, 08:09 PM
Amedion
post Jun 15 2020, 11:26 AM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

First of all. Mass gainer is already full of sugar and artificial flavoring. No way you can get something lower than whey protein. Even if you take mass gainer and reach certain weight but will you able to maintain it? Impossible you want to take mass gainer for life.

The best way is to start changing your diet. Add more food or meals throughout the day. Can add snacks as well. This way you can gain weight and maintain it for life. Maybe you can start adding oats to aid your cholesterol issue as well.

Most ppl manage to get few extra KGs when they first workout. Those are water weight. Your muscle tend to store more glycogen so you will be able to use it more.

You're skinny because your calorie intake (eat/drink) is less than your calorie out (exercise/moving around). Not because of the protein that you take.

I see you're from Klang. I can help you understand more about workout & nutrition if you can meet me at Bayu (i always workout there). Ghetto gym if u dun mind.
axtray
post Jun 15 2020, 04:44 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

Im echoing what Amedion said above. If you're having high cholesterol, you should first focus on changing your diet to help lower it down. Mass gainer is loaded with sugar. It's better that you take the standard whey, mix it with those oats that can help lower cholesterol and take them daily. add fruits i.e. banana to increase the calorie count.

If what you said is true, you eat clean, train regularly, then the first thing you should do is to get this checked with your doctor. They may prescribe you some medication to help lower it down.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0102sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 AM