Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[V32] Lowyat.Net Mechanical Keyboard Club

views

horns
post May 20 2022, 12:08 AM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 19 2022, 10:19 PM)
dang just realized ... q1 is screw in stab sweat.gif .. is there anyway to use the plate mount one???

any sifu can advise??
le.. ko main tibai je ke ni?

the openings for pcb-mount stabilizers are too big to fit plate-mount. you can either sell them off, or use them on a board that uses plate-mount, or make a custom plate that supports plate-mount. (the first two make more sense i think)

QUOTE(takenoko @ May 19 2022, 10:56 PM)
haha yea, that's why i'm wondering if anyone here knows a dedicated store that's not in a mall so it won't be so crowded... or a specific store in a mall so i can go directly and leave as soon as i'm done instead of wandering from shop to shop.

i actually already kena covid recently (and i was so careful too sweat.gif), but of course reinfection is a possibility so i'll try to be cautious still. thanks anyway!
bless you.

it doesn't matter if the places are crowded or not. you can only experience first-hand when you're in direct contact with the boards. just make sure you take good care of yourself.
cruzzmz
post May 20 2022, 07:35 AM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(horns @ May 20 2022, 12:08 AM)
le.. ko main tibai je ke ni?

the openings for pcb-mount stabilizers are too big to fit plate-mount. you can either sell them off, or use them on a board that uses plate-mount, or make a custom plate that supports plate-mount. (the first two make more sense i think)
bless you.

They guy I bought forget to give the stabs sweat.gif
he will pass it to me later

Anyway I will get the screw one later .. which one recommended??

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: May 20 2022, 08:27 AM
horns
post May 20 2022, 12:02 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 20 2022, 07:35 AM)
They guy I bought forget to give the stabs sweat.gif
he will pass it to me later
Anyway I will get the screw one later .. which one recommended??
it's better to ask the owners of keychron q1 to see if they have better recommendations. there is a fb for this i think.

cruzzmz
post May 20 2022, 12:15 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(horns @ May 20 2022, 12:02 PM)
it's better to ask the owners of keychron q1 to see if they have better recommendations. there is a fb for this i think.
you mean the FB group ??? i applied but didnt get approved though sweat.gif
gave up already and here is better

hahaha
krayden
post May 20 2022, 02:12 PM

On my way
568 posts

I have durock v2 in a q1. No issues.
cruzzmz
post May 20 2022, 04:39 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(krayden @ May 20 2022, 02:12 PM)
I have durock v2 in a q1. No issues.
seems like in reddit a lot recommended durock v2
Cloud0890
post May 21 2022, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
128 posts

TX clip-in thumbsup.gif
Maxieos
post May 21 2022, 05:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

Since I am not able to test out all the key type , which switch have more tactile bump feel among the list ?
I tried mx brown but it almost as linear when comparing with membrane keyboard.
niakulah
post May 21 2022, 11:51 AM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ May 21 2022, 05:17 AM)
Since I am not able to test out all the key type , which switch have more tactile bump feel among the list ?
There are a lot of players in the market now and I may be out of date already, but here's my shortlist of either switches I like or am interested to try if I have the chance:

Gazzew Boba U4T
Zeal Zealio
JWK T1
Equalz X TKC Kiwi
NK X Kailh Blueberry
cruzzmz
post May 21 2022, 01:59 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ May 21 2022, 05:17 AM)
I'll go for harimau, glorious panda, moyu black
And of course esp. my frankenswitch hahaha

This post has been edited by cruzzmz: May 21 2022, 03:24 PM
horns
post May 22 2022, 06:52 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 20 2022, 12:15 PM)
you mean the FB group ??? i applied but didnt get approved though  sweat.gif
gave up already and here is better

hahaha
yes i mean fb group.
cruzzmz
post May 22 2022, 09:27 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(horns @ May 22 2022, 06:52 PM)
yes i mean fb group.
i gave up already sweat.gif

anyone tried owlab stab???
horns
post May 23 2022, 12:53 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 22 2022, 09:27 PM)
i gave up already  sweat.gif

not sure.

for now, i just stick to everglide v2 (a.k.a., durock v2), and c3 equalz, because they are easy to get. i will get some tx stabilizers also.

cruzzmz
post May 23 2022, 02:57 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(horns @ May 23 2022, 12:53 PM)
not sure.

for now, i just stick to everglide v2 (a.k.a., durock v2), and c3 equalz, because they are easy to get. i will get some tx stabilizers also.
but usually stab is install and forget right hahaha
krayden
post May 23 2022, 04:38 PM

On my way
568 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 23 2022, 02:57 PM)
X2 then forget a few months.

Of topic, I got kbdfans sidelit keycaps and the caps lock was printed senget. Drove me crazy cause I couldn't unsee it. So back to gmk.
horns
post May 23 2022, 05:12 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 23 2022, 02:57 PM)
usually, well-tuned stabilizers will work fine for as long as possible. the usual maintenance mainly involves reapplication of lube when necessary.

it's a better habit to make sure all stabilizers are tuned, installed properly, and working as expected, before you start switch soldering process. this is true for builds with pcb-mount stabilizers. to fix the issues after soldering will involve desoldering of all switches/led first (unless it's a plateless build)

compared to pcb-mount stabilizers, plate-mount stabilizers are more friendly to maintain and repair. however, the convenience is also depending on presence of mods like plate foam.

Cloud0890
post May 23 2022, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 22 2022, 09:27 PM)
i gave up already  sweat.gif

Owl stabs is all hype no substance. Selling point is being touted as the solution to bent wires, said to be the cause of ticking, by using what they call "liquid metal" wire that reverts back into shape like a memory foam therefore never "bending". Except for when it comes out of the factory "bent" or "not straight", but because it always "reverts back into shape" it will always be "bent" and not fixable.

Cherry clip-in = OG Cherry, always good if you know what you are doing, need to clip legs, cheapest of them all i believe

C3 = Comes in a wide variety of colours to match your build, cheap, widely available, v3 comes with a lot of additional goodies to mod your stabs

Durock/Everglide/JWK = Better than C3 from my experience but more expensive, widely available, could benefit from additional modding (holee mod) but downside is mushiness if not done perfectly, ticking do come back in some cases (without holee mod) after some time

TX clip-in = Stem is made of double shot with TPU mixture (soft material) on the inside to minimise rattle, think of it like a holee mod but built in without the mushy feeling of holee mod, clip-in is easier to install, not as readily available as quite new and still hype so it sells out but I've seen it remain in stock for weeks after restock

Staebies = Tightest tolerance of all, probably the best stab to use without lube, it will be tick free even with just a little lube, due to it's extremely tight tolerance there are reports of cracked keycap stems (very rare) and incompatibility with warped keycaps, bent PCBs and long pole stem switches. Biggest downside is it's almost always never available since it's technically still in beta and is the most expensive.

My go-to right now is TX because it is the best imo among stabs i can actually get my hands on.

This post has been edited by Cloud0890: May 23 2022, 09:29 PM
krayden
post May 23 2022, 08:51 PM

On my way
568 posts

Nice run down thx
cruzzmz
post May 23 2022, 09:13 PM

uh weeee !!!!
6,266 posts

QUOTE(Cloud0890 @ May 23 2022, 08:46 PM)
Owl stabs is all hype no substance. Selling point is being touted as the solution to bent wires, said to be the cause of ticking, by using what they call "liquid meta" wire that reverts back into shape like a memory foam therefore never "bending". Except for when it comes out of the factory "bent" or "not straight", but because it always "reverts back into shape" it will always be "bent" and not fixable.

Cherry clip-in = OG Cherry, always good if you know what you are doing, need to clip legs, cheapest of them all i believe

C3 = Comes in a wide variety of colours to match your build, cheap, widely available, v3 comes with a lot of additional goodies to mod your stabs

Durock/Everglide/JWK = Better than C3 from my experience but more expensive, widely available, could benefit from additional modding (holee mod) but downside is mushiness if not done perfectly, ticking do come back in some cases (without holee mod) after some time

TX clip-in = Stem is made of double shot with TPU mixture (soft material) on the inside to minimise rattle, think of it like a holee mod but built in without the mushy feeling of holee mod, clip-in is easier to install, not as readily available as quite new and still hype so it sells out but I've seen it remain in stock for weeks after restock

Staebies = Tightest tolerance of all, probably the best stab to use without lube, it will be tick free even with just a little lube, due to it's extremely tight tolerance there are reports of cracked keycap stems (very rare) and incompatibility with warped keycaps, bent PCBs and long pole stem switches. Biggest downside is it's almost always never available since it's technically still in beta and is the most expensive.

My go-to right now is TX because it is the best imo among stabs i can actually get my hands on.
nice ... thanks for sharing

btw not all above is the screw in type right?
Cloud0890
post May 23 2022, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

QUOTE(cruzzmz @ May 23 2022, 09:13 PM)
nice ... thanks for sharing

btw not all above is the screw in type right?
Only Cherry and TX are clip-ins, the rest are screw-ins, but they are all PCB mounted. I believe there are Cherry screw-ins too but I've never tried them. And for your information clip-ins doesn't necessarily mean worse, plenty of people still prefer clip-ins for its ease of use.

This post has been edited by Cloud0890: May 23 2022, 09:29 PM

125 Pages « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:36 PM