Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Schedule Maintenance | 5th August 12am - 2am | Temporary Downtime Expected

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Which Chinese Appliances Brand do you trust?

Which?

Hisense [ 15 ] ** [17.86%]
Haier [ 28 ] ** [33.33%]
Midea [ 41 ] ** [48.81%]
Total Votes: 84
Guests cannot vote 
views

l4nunm4l4y4
post Jun 15 2020, 01:08 AM

Casual
399 posts

iPhone, made in China
msacras
post Jun 15 2020, 01:08 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 14 2020, 07:28 PM)
In Malaysia, Sharp got TV factory in Shah Alam if I'm not mistaken..

And yeah, Hisense is known for making TV. It's supposed to be their strength. But maybe still not at Sharp level yet
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14216/chines...f-japan-display
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12046/toshib...unit-to-hisense

This post has been edited by msacras: Jun 15 2020, 01:11 AM
James1983
post Jun 15 2020, 07:26 AM

💦kencing lettew💦
409 posts

None of the above, generally don't trust China brands
tekkaus
post Jun 15 2020, 07:53 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 14 2020, 07:29 PM)
How was it? I was considering Hisense aircond too... But in the end i went with Haier because i thought Hisense strength is TV

Is the aircond quiet? Any problem so far?
So far mine is ok. Not bad I would say.
TSJoeK
post Jun 15 2020, 08:08 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(Newsray @ Jun 14 2020, 08:07 PM)
XIAOMI - Highest trust

Huawii - Lowest trust
QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 15 2020, 12:50 AM)
no xiaomi ?
QUOTE(l4nunm4l4y4 @ Jun 15 2020, 01:08 AM)
iPhone, made in China
I don't consider smartphone as appliances.. lol
hksgmy
post Jun 15 2020, 08:16 AM

Doraemon!
1,981 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ Jun 14 2020, 08:15 PM)
There are many China brands which are trustworthy if we include pretty much everything that are avaliable in the world right now.
QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Jun 14 2020, 11:56 PM)
Given the choice I would prefer to avoid anything Made in China. But obviously that's not always possible as goods made elsewhere are more expensive.
Quite true, on both your comments.

Even BMWs assembled in China are now being sold outside of the domestic market.... there’s really no running away.
wotvr
post Jun 15 2020, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

Branded China brand ok but their efficiency quite poor. They still need time to catchup. For simple less features then should be no problem expecting reliability.

If want more features or better energy consumption then go for Japanese or other more established brands.
lyc1982
post Jun 15 2020, 09:10 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,295 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 15 2020, 08:08 AM)
I don't consider smartphone as appliances.. lol
son...

u have a lot to learn, xiaomi has many home appliances too
Thrista3
post Jun 15 2020, 09:27 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(Ripp87 @ Jun 14 2020, 08:38 AM)
Better buy Panasonic, will last at least 20-years
Panasonic no longer last you 10-20 years
red4900
post Jun 15 2020, 09:32 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 14 2020, 08:26 AM)
Not familiar with any of the brands, but FWIW, we bought a Philips 55” TV recently for the guest bedroom, and Philips was apparently bought over by some Chinese company years back. No issues with that TV so far. In fact, I’d say it’s on par with my somewhat older Samsung models.
? Phillips are still Dutch owned, no?

hksgmy
post Jun 15 2020, 09:49 AM

Doraemon!
1,981 posts

QUOTE(red4900 @ Jun 15 2020, 09:32 AM)
Yes, I'm sorry I didn't clarify completely - just the TV division was bought over by the Chinese.
focusrite
post Jun 15 2020, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

Haier. Have aircon and oven.

Their customer support quite good
Asquith
post Jun 16 2020, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 14 2020, 08:20 AM)
Anybody here has growing trust in chinese appliances brand?

These 3 brands (Hisense, Haier, Midea) are a major players in making appliances with affordable prices.

Previously i dont trust chinese brand, hence that's why im sticking with Japanese brand for appliances in my house (Sharp for TV, Panasonic for aircond, Toshiba for fridge and washing machine)

However, my stigma towards them now already slowly changing. My Haier TV is already 4 years with no issue. My mother in law Midea aircond is already 7 years with no issue. My mom Midea freezer already 4 years with no issue. Recently I've purchased Haier aircond after getting good feedback.

Anybody has the same feeling like me? Or should we still stick to Japanese brands?
One generally buys appliances for a long term therefore saving RM100 or at most RM300 over 10 years for an inferior product is false economy.

I do like Fotile kitchen hoods, this is a very well established and a world leader in kitchen appliances. The one in my parents' home in Singapore is reaching 15 years now, still works as per the day we first installed it. Like anything else you get what you paid for and in this case it was not cheap even 15 years ago, it was even more expensive than established European makes such as Teka and Fagor at that time. I would definitely buy one again if the need arises.

My own condo in Singapore when I did the kitchen I opted for Bosch appliances. Induction hob, hood, ovens, dishwasher and refrigerator were purchased on the basis that it had a Made in Germany printed on the box. When it was out of warranty and I had issues with the oven and hood, I tried fixing it myself only to find out plenty of components in it were made in China. The hood might as well be stated assembled in Germany using components from all over the world including China as the entire motor assembly is made in China.

The rented house I live in has a suite of low end China branded appliances. Midea air conditioner, hood and refrigerator. Haier washing machine and air conditioner. It also has a Hisense 2hp air conditioner in the living room which was brand new when I moved in 6 months ago. None of the appliances are over a year old as the landlord set up this homestay in June of last year and then gave up on it.

That Hisense air conditioner has broken down twice. Condenser and water pump fault. It has a 5 year warranty but took a while to have a technician check it out.

The Midea appliances are noisy and has high power consumption for the performance it delivers. One cannot have a conversation in the kitchen if you turn on that hood as it drowns out everything with the noise it makes.

The washing machine is a good one but noisy and I could feel that it vibrates more. That air conditioner is in my bedroom and sometimes at night it makes an infuriating vibrating noise, it always happens around 4 in the morning as I set the temperature to 20°C and fan speed 1, that time in the morning when ambient temperature is low it makes that noise unless I reduce the temperature to 18°C and increase the fan speed to 2 or 3. Never had this issue with my Sharp air conditioners.

One of the perceptions in Singapore when it comes to appliances from China is they are generally disposable in the short term and when it reaches 3 to 5 years if anything on it breaks then you will have to buy a new one as you would not be able to find parts for it unless you order it from China on your own. Probably the reason why most HDB flats utilise Japanese or Korean brands rather than Chinese ones.
TSJoeK
post Jun 16 2020, 08:47 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jun 16 2020, 12:33 AM)
One generally buys appliances for a long term therefore saving RM100 or at most RM300 over 10 years for an inferior product is false economy.

I do like Fotile kitchen hoods, this is a very well established and a world leader in kitchen appliances. The one in my parents' home in Singapore is reaching 15 years now, still works as per the day we first installed it. Like anything else you get what you paid for and in this case it was not cheap even 15 years ago, it was even more expensive than established European makes such as Teka and Fagor at that time. I would definitely buy one again if the need arises.

My own condo in Singapore when I did the kitchen I opted for Bosch appliances. Induction hob, hood, ovens, dishwasher and refrigerator were purchased on the basis that it had a Made in Germany printed on the box. When it was out of warranty and I had issues with the oven and hood, I tried fixing it myself only to find out plenty of components in it were made in China. The hood might as well be stated assembled in Germany using components from all over the world including China as the entire motor assembly is made in China.

The rented house I live in has a suite of low end China branded appliances. Midea air conditioner, hood and refrigerator. Haier washing machine and air conditioner. It also has a Hisense 2hp air conditioner in the living room which was brand new when I moved in 6 months ago. None of the appliances are over a year old as the landlord set up this homestay in June of last year and then gave up on it.

That Hisense air conditioner has broken down twice. Condenser and water pump fault. It has a 5 year warranty but took a while to have a technician check it out.

The Midea appliances are noisy and has high power consumption for the performance it delivers. One cannot have a conversation in the kitchen if you turn on that hood as it drowns out everything with the noise it makes.

The washing machine is a good one but noisy and I could feel that it vibrates more. That air conditioner is in my bedroom and sometimes at night it makes an infuriating vibrating noise, it always happens around 4 in the morning as I set the temperature to 20°C and fan speed 1, that time in the morning when ambient temperature is low it makes that noise unless I reduce the temperature to 18°C and increase the fan speed to 2 or 3. Never had this issue with my Sharp air conditioners.

One of the perceptions in Singapore when it comes to appliances from China is they are generally disposable in the short term and when it reaches 3 to 5 years if anything on it breaks then you will have to buy a new one as you would not be able to find parts for it unless you order it from China on your own. Probably the reason why most HDB flats utilise Japanese or Korean brands rather than Chinese ones.
Okay Billcollector
Zot
post Jun 16 2020, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,080 posts

QUOTE(red4900 @ Jun 15 2020, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 15 2020, 09:49 AM)
Yes, I'm sorry I didn't clarify completely - just the TV division was bought over by the Chinese.
I think you've confused between Philips and Sharps. Philips has never sold its TV division. It was Sharp that sold its factory in South America and gave Hisense tight to produce Sharp brand for America. The TV division was not sold. It was only for a period agreement. Read my previous post.
quebix
post Jun 16 2020, 09:04 AM

Gelato Director
830 posts

ASADI !!!

(malaysian brand though)

shows what used to be a cheapskate and Adidas rip-off brand can achieve.....

now they are good quality with cheap prices.
Domomo
post Jun 16 2020, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

i use midea microwave for almost 4 year no problem,fan no problem, in short i trust midea more now

hksgmy
post Jun 16 2020, 09:12 AM

Doraemon!
1,981 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jun 16 2020, 08:58 AM)
I think you've confused between Philips and Sharps. Philips has never sold its TV division. It was Sharp that sold its factory in South America and gave Hisense tight to produce Sharp brand for America. The TV division was not sold. It was only for a period agreement. Read my previous post.
Oh, I see. Sorry, I was mistaken then. When I bought my Philips TV, the sales person told me that it had been bought over by China - and tried to convince me to buy an LG or Samsung... maybe he had ulterior motives eh? hahaha.

Thanks for the clarification.
hksgmy
post Jun 16 2020, 09:14 AM

Doraemon!
1,981 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 16 2020, 08:47 AM)
Okay Billcollector
Huh? He's Billcollector?

/I am confused.
Justin.Loong
post Jun 16 2020, 10:50 AM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jun 16 2020, 12:33 AM)

Thanks for the comprehensive review! thumbsup.gif

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0882sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th August 2020 - 07:30 PM