Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rejected by Asus for monitor repair, RM 3.5k monitor to use only for 3 years.

views

TSdavidwee1987
post Jun 11 2020, 05:28 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
69 posts

Hi Guys,
Need your help, opinion and suggestions

I have a Asus PG27AQ monitor bought 3 years plus. Warranty just expired. This is a 4K gaming monitor range that cause Rm 3.5K
Just recently screen started to flicker.
Went to Asus service center and also called the hotline.
They claim there is no repair for any Asus product.
It is either exchange 1 to 1 during warranty period and after that nothing can be done. Not even if self paid for repair.
Suggesting should get a new one.

Any suggestion where can I get it repaired ?
Not fair to spend Rm3.5k on a monitor that only last 3 years.
Are all Asus products like this ?
waghyu
post Jun 11 2020, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(davidwee1987 @ Jun 11 2020, 05:28 PM)
Hi Guys,

I have a Asus PG27AQ monitor bought 3 years plus. Warranty just expired. This is a 4K gaming monitor range that cause Rm 3.5K
It is either exchange 1 to 1 during warranty period and after that nothing can be done. Not even if self paid for repair.

My cheap dell also can last 6-7 years already.

Ok, flicker how frequent ? Or when certain input only displayed ? When play video/gaming only flickering and normal windows view no flicker ?
kesvani
post Jun 11 2020, 05:40 PM

On my way
673 posts

Hi Guys,

its just a display. Go to TV shop repair to fix it
TSdavidwee1987
post Jun 11 2020, 06:07 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(waghyu @ Jun 11 2020, 05:37 PM)
My cheap dell also can last 6-7 years already.

Ok, flicker how frequent ? Or when certain input only displayed ? When play video/gaming only flickering and normal windows view no flicker ?
Flicker on both HDMI and display port. It's like the screen become bright then dim. Every second. Even tried with other inputs like Nvidia shield.
SUSlife5tyle
post Jun 11 2020, 10:07 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Nowadays manufacturer no longer repair any monitor. Usually they do 1-to-1 swap within warranty period, After warranty, they just told you buy new one. Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, MSI and Samsung also same. Me and my cousins had those brand of monitor before and all got problem after warranty. They not repairing for you. Basically, it not worth repairing it because it would be costly too. The shop or sales person who selling you the monitor usually they don't tell you this.

If you insist to repair it, you can try shop outside. They might have parts available. Usually those parts also 2nd-hand parts they dismantle from faulty unit.

Now I don't buy expensive monitor anymore. Expecting to replace them after 3 to 5 years. The most lucky I got was Dell monitor which got problem after 2 years 11 months (warranty period is 3 years). They replace 1-to-1 for me and the replacement unit last for 6 years.
i7xQTi
post Jun 11 2020, 10:44 PM

Casual
321 posts

this is what you get for buying asus
i swore off them after the laptop aftersales fiasco
wcypierre
post Jun 11 2020, 11:10 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

Hi Guys,

any power loss recently? or any issue that you can think of?
abu.shofwan
post Jun 11 2020, 11:13 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

QUOTE(kesvani @ Jun 11 2020, 05:40 PM)
its just a display. Go to TV shop repair to fix it
This... Surely there are people who can repair monitors...
kira_88
post Jun 11 2020, 11:19 PM

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
1,105 posts

QUOTE(davidwee1987 @ Jun 11 2020, 06:07 PM)
Flicker on both HDMI and display port. It's like the screen become bright then dim. Every second. Even tried with other inputs like Nvidia shield.
might be just the led backlight issue. repairable but might not have a similar brightness as the original led backlight
my personal experience repairing my 50" samsung led tv at tv shop the aftermarket led brightness is no where near the original factory fitted will have uneven light spot.
wasted 600 for the repair, should have straight buy new tv
edmund_yung
post Jun 12 2020, 09:18 AM

Regular
1,194 posts

I opened up my Acer XB270HU recently to replace the broken panel. It's not that difficult, but ordering the panel from Aliexpress is quite costly. I think your part will be cheaper since your panel is still fine.
Lurker
post Jun 12 2020, 11:45 AM

L U R K I N G
Group Icon
Elite
4,286 posts

QUOTE(edmund_yung @ Jun 12 2020, 09:18 AM)
I opened up my Acer XB270HU recently to replace the broken panel. It's not that difficult, but ordering the panel from Aliexpress is quite costly. I think your part will be cheaper since your panel is still fine.
did you document the process?
surgery successful?
edmund_yung
post Jun 12 2020, 12:55 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Jun 12 2020, 11:45 AM)
did you document the process?
surgery successful?
No, I did not, I just follow the guide at LTT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YehuXR13UVo

Yeah, I still enjoy playing Warzone on it, the input lag is comparably lesser than my ultra-wide X34A.

P/S Not asking you to buy a broken monitor to replace the panel.
chocobo7779
post Jun 13 2020, 02:03 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

Hi Guys,

Might want to ask Armand666 whether he can do the repair for you at a relatively cheap cost hmm.gif

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4437612/+480
andrekua2
post Jun 13 2020, 04:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

I fixed a couple of cheapo LCD monitor myself... LOL... I'm not a technician but I'm kinda fedup with the monitor failing left right center.

I googled and found that most monitor failed because of bloated capasitors on the power supply board. Hence, I tried to take them apart and true enough, one or more capacitor was bloated. Desoldered them, replace with new one and viola, everything works again.

I felt like an idiot before leaving my 1.2K Dell WFP2007 with my foreign worker who claimed he had electronic repair experience. End up he wasted my monitor. Perhaps I should have googled and try to fix it myself instead of believing him.

Try to google and guess what caused the flickering screen. If there is someone who shared the symptom and he found the problem, then you can opened up your unit to have a look if its just a small problem like bloated capacitors on the power supply board.
tapirus
post Jun 14 2020, 11:26 AM

(︶ε︶メ)╭∩╮ a�tE(R)isk
1,237 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Jun 13 2020, 04:57 PM)
I fixed a couple of cheapo LCD monitor myself... LOL... I'm not a technician but I'm kinda fedup with the monitor failing left right center.

I googled and found that most monitor failed because of bloated capasitors on the power supply board. Hence, I tried to take them apart and true enough, one or more capacitor was bloated. Desoldered them, replace with new one and viola, everything works again.

I felt like an idiot before leaving my 1.2K Dell WFP2007 with my foreign worker who claimed he had electronic repair experience. End up he wasted my monitor. Perhaps I should have googled and try to fix it myself instead of believing him.

Try to google and guess what caused the flickering screen. If there is someone who shared the symptom and he found the problem, then you can opened up your unit to have a look if its just a small problem like bloated capacitors on the power supply board.
Do you know what spec degree for replace my polarize monitor dell. Sp2208wfp

user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:57 PM