Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need advice on losing weight

views

TSaeonbig
post Jun 5 2020, 12:13 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hi, I'm trying to lose some weight on my stomach but I don't know how to start it.

I need some advices on meal intake as I have no idea how to calculate all the nutrients and calories etc.

I'm over 1.8m tall and about 82kg. My BMI is about 25 which makes me borderline overweight.

I'm currently using this video to do my workout everyday but I don't know is it actually effective or useful or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DgC_L9qA...3y8atwjSoBBzzb8
sriracha48
post Jun 5 2020, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

Try out this quiz https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm

When you figure out your body type, this will help you make smarter / more targeted choices that your body will best respond to. You can better understand what type of exercise you need to do to achieve your weight goals
pechkeks0110
post Jun 5 2020, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

As my experience don't focus on specific area to work out, calculate and consume not more than your daily calories limit, cardio at least 3-4 days(1 hr per day), you will see the different in 3 months.

there's ton of app you can check the nutrients and calories as well as your food package, but i suggest you cook by yourself cos its more accurate and health.
Yenactiet
post Jun 5 2020, 05:19 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

Try to practise intermittent fasting and keep your meal number to 2 if you don't know how to calculate calorie intake. Eat more proteins compared to carbs and fibres too. Drink more water and have enough quality sleep to keep your metabolism running. Do cardio once or twice a week and resistance training for 3 to 4 times a week. To warm up, you can run for 10 mins. Rest for 1-2 days to let your muscle regrow. Just my 2 cents.
Just2centslah
post Jun 6 2020, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

My experience: eat less and run 10km a day. And then I moved on to CrossFit, I ate more and daily WOD. Unfortunately IF doesn’t work for me.
mazinger88
post Jun 10 2020, 05:07 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(aeonbig @ Jun 5 2020, 12:13 AM)
Hi, I'm trying to lose some weight on my stomach but I don't know how to start it.

I need some advices on meal intake as I have no idea how to calculate all the nutrients and calories etc.

I'm over 1.8m tall and about 82kg. My BMI is about 25 which makes me borderline overweight.

I'm currently using this video to do my workout everyday but I don't know is it actually effective or useful or not.

The best way to lose the fats is to do cardio. Abs exercises is one thing, but without the cardio, the fat won't burn and the stomach area would still be a problem
WisdomTrumps
post Jun 10 2020, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

In term of effectiveness, not sure where in term of fitness you are but 3 months you should see obvious result.

Now for losing weight...
Watch what you eat
less: sugar, simple carbs, trans fat, alcohol
more/balanced: protein, fruits, vege

Exercise
Do Cardio = burn fat but also burn muscles
Do Strength training = build muscles increases metabolism

Get enough sleep to help with metabolism

Sky_Is_The_Limit
post Jun 11 2020, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Like most people already say cut back on the carbs, have a more balanced meal, more protein. Also do strength/weight training with a combination of cardio. Skipping is a good way to burn fat and more effective than running, you don't need 1 hour cardio if you skip, half an hour enough but it's harder.

You can also try HIIT, alternate full body/cardio hiit with targeted ab hiit will help you also
axtray
post Jun 15 2020, 08:58 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

If you already started counting calories and claiming it doesnt work, watch this.

Edit: just realized no one mentioned cals in cals out? Smh. None of the advises here gonna work if TS not in a calorie deficit at the end of the day

This post has been edited by axtray: Jun 15 2020, 10:47 AM
Yenactiet
post Jun 15 2020, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(axtray @ Jun 15 2020, 08:58 AM)
If you already started counting calories and claiming it doesnt work, watch this.

Edit: just realized no one mentioned cals in cals out? Smh. None of the advises here gonna work if TS not in a calorie deficit at the end of the day

Well, no one suggested that because TS seemed to know about it as you can clearly see TS said he doesn't know how to count calories. That's why I suggested something that increases his TDEE to decrease the chance of getting a caloric surplus and something that could possibly lower his calorie intake from overeating.
axtray
post Jun 15 2020, 06:24 PM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(Yenactiet @ Jun 15 2020, 06:11 PM)
Well, no one suggested that because TS seemed to know about it as you can clearly see TS said he doesn't know how to count calories. That's why I suggested something that increases his TDEE to decrease the chance of getting a caloric surplus and something that could possibly lower his calorie intake from overeating.
Yes I did see he mention he doesn't know how to count/calculate calories. Your advice is sound. However I just thought we need to reinforce the understanding that losing weight = energy Out > Energy In. The overweights trying to lose weight will always underestimate the amount of food they're ingesting. Some will get it right from the start, but mostly will not hence you get this kind of questions often.

Amedion
post Jun 15 2020, 09:15 PM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

You don't need to calculate. In fact just continue with your current diet. Start adjusting by cutting sugar, cutting fried foods, cutting snacks and cutting meals. By saying that doesn't means carbs/fat is your enemy. Its because you can easily consume a lot of them compare to protein.

You don't have to go so extreme at first. Weigh yourself everyday. If its going down then you can stop cutting at that moment. That way you can sustain longer instead of going full stop.
myo
post Jun 18 2020, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

I can feel that.. it is easy to reduce your bmi until it reach 25.. but beyond that it take a whole lot of your effort
-Davidoff-
post Jun 20 2020, 03:29 PM

Casual
307 posts

Bro, just by working out wont help. You need to control your diet, have a proper meal plan, be consistent cause sometimes you might crave for those unhealthy food. Of cause if have suplements to give it a boost will be faster and not so tiring.
DanielTan2015
post Oct 8 2021, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Generally you can count like 28kcal/kg/day, so that makes it 82x28 = 2296 kcal needed per day. If you are trying to lose weight then the goal is to cut down around 500kcal per day.

To make it simple 500kcal is more or less 2 bowls of white rice(standard bowl). Coupling with exercise is a must as it increases your metabolism rate which burns more calories for your body.
Spitzer
post Oct 8 2021, 02:39 PM

Casual
374 posts

Bro, firstly at 180 and 82kg, thats scrawny, lightweight baby. Because you didn’t give bodyfat %.

People really should stop looking at BMI chart as a standalone, a BMI rating without bodyfat% is as useless as one chopstick, you need both to make sense of it.

You specifically want to lose bodyfat, not just simply “lose-weight”, as i’ve known people who maintained, and gained a little fee kilos, but it’s a complete transformation to their outlook/face.
Ie. From a circle bodyshape , into a triangle.

The best advice i can give you as a beginner, is just simply cut one full meal out of your daily meal plan. (Either lunch or dinner usually).

Try that for 2-3 months, and throughout that duration you should learn about proper nutrition, ie. fat in food is not bad, and dosent translate to bodyfat straight away.

Even too much protein also will turn into bodyfat, if they do not have a purpose (building blocks of muscle) - hence why ppl exercise/weightlift, to damage their muscle so those portein could be utilized.

Why high protein diet works is because it’s usually very filling, so you don’t have to constantly feel hungry and a lower caloric amount, such as eat 1 donut 450~ cal, vs 200g chicken breast is around 300~ cal give or take BUT who would be full with just 1 donut? 200g chicken breast not many ppl can finish easily dei.

In summary, cut ONE meal, don’t overcompensate or have any snacks/drinks apart from plain water throught the day.

It takes a LONG time, way longer then you expect, to see the difference, give it at least 3-4 month of super strict monitoring of diet.

Lastly, for male, the stomach is usually the last place our body stores excess bodyfat, so your other body part might start to get more defined, just that you don’t notice because all too fixated on stomach, so it takes TIME, and willpower. You will, SHOULD not be constantly be feeling “full”, infact after a meal, you should “feel” like you can still eat another meal/dish, ELSE, you’re just overeating.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:23 PM