Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Porsche would you choose?, If you had a choice & $ is no objection

Which Porsche would you choose?

Porsche 911 GTS [ 44 ] ** [39.64%]
Porsche 911S [ 10 ] ** [9.01%]
Plain Vanilla base 911 Carrera [ 13 ] ** [11.71%]
Fcuk this shit, I’ll pick a Cayman/Boxster and buy a Cayenne with the left over change [ 44 ] ** [39.64%]
Total Votes: 111

views

peinsama
post Jun 1 2020, 03:16 PM

Au fait
725 posts

Carrera GT to show how skillful i am making this car my bitch
TShksgmy
post Jun 1 2020, 03:16 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

Here's my leading choice for the moment - it's the base 911, modestly spec'ed & the base Cayenne, with quite a few things thrown in. It has to be Australia, because that's where we'll be retiring in a couple of years' time... by then, the 992.2 should be out, which should give the base model close to 400hp. More than enough.

user posted image
user posted image
techm
post Jun 1 2020, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Whichever top can open is good
TShksgmy
post Jun 1 2020, 03:18 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

QUOTE(techm @ Jun 1 2020, 03:17 PM)
Whichever top can open is good
Chinoz (or it might have been someone else) said that his convertible cover was slashed opened!
LarryPizzaGuy
post Jun 1 2020, 03:52 PM

/k 20k Club (Verified)
879 posts

Best to go for the 718 Boxter or Cayman, that'll save you some money for a proper offroader wink.gif you can have best of both worlds, a fun sports car on weekends and an offroader for everyday + camping trips; like Land Cruiser? Defender?

718 Boxter or Cayman will having the engine revert back to flat 6.

Thus you have 2 options, 718 Boxter or Cayman with the flat 4 engine will drop price by this year, or in the 2nd hand market.

Or wait till next year and get the model with flat 6 engine.
SUSLiamness
post Jun 1 2020, 04:43 PM

Casual
445 posts

QUOTE(AeolusLite @ Jun 1 2020, 02:20 PM)
A yatch
my dream.
seatux
post Jun 1 2020, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

No one taking the 918 hybrid? Also if really money no object, the LMP1 or GT3 car la. Can sponsor race fuel, pit crew and track day fees right?
TShksgmy
post Jun 1 2020, 04:53 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

QUOTE(seatux @ Jun 1 2020, 04:47 PM)
No one taking the 918 hybrid? Also if really money no object, the LMP1 or GT3 car la. Can sponsor race fuel, pit crew and track day fees right?
918 is only left hand drive. And sold out the minute it was announced.
ClericKilla
post Jun 1 2020, 06:10 PM

Regular
1,778 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 1 2020, 01:09 PM)
But can drive to central coast for weekend....
Right.

As if those freeway has no speed trap..

The only place you can probably accelerate is those kampung areas where there's little traffic...
SUSMyJimmy
post Jun 2 2020, 04:44 PM

9 posts

It never easy to choose any Porsche actually..Their model is like...they have a model for any season or day.

Yes...718 Cayman and Boxter or even 718 GT 4.0 or a Spyder may be the best handling Porsche after the GT3 and GT2 but the problem is you have many other options at that price range...Like AMG and M cars which having better value, features, and a kick-ass driving handling experience too.. a sub based AMG A45 can actually tapau your 718 on the straight. laugh.gif

another problem with the 718 families...is...they always been handicapped by the 911. They can't be too fast...too features...too grand then the 911...even the gearbox manual transmission is been handicapped with a very long gear ratio.

the last problem with the 718 families beside outdated interior...this one is the bummer i kid you not...is when you buy any 718...you got to explain why you buy the 718... is like you got to tell people...."well...i buy because is the best this and that..." the thing is...it is not cool when you need....to explain. biggrin.gif

So for me, it is always the 911. You don't need to explain to the guys why you buy 911...Porsche is the 911...the 911 is Porsche.. fullstop...the only thing is...which Carrera 911?

The based Carrera is good...but later sked you got many regrates for not choosing Carrera S. biggrin.gif remember...Power is really addictive...you will always want more.. laugh.gif once you choose the based Carerra...you cant retrofit things like PASM..or larger Turbo..so the stock can never be Carrera S.. even with third party option. they really handicapped the stock carrera for good..

Carrera Turbo S sounds like the perfect one...but the problem picking one up is...you have the Ferrari or Lambo option which in the same radar at that price point. The BMW M8 Competition looks really menacing than the 911..and 25% cheaper.!!..and furthermore..Carrera Turbo S can never be a daily use too with that extra-wide rear body to fit those fat rear tires. So...really difficult lor..

So the ideal Porsche is the 911 Carrera S...but which Carrera S? laugh.gif laugh.gif Carerra selling point is timeless design...the Carrera S you choose must be special...must be no compromise...must be unique...and...must be the one sort after Carrera....

Now I fall in love again.... cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by MyJimmy: Jun 2 2020, 04:53 PM
SSJBen
post Jun 2 2020, 04:47 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

Why the fuck would I spend money on a volkswagen beetle?

Sohai thread.
Oklahoma
post Jun 2 2020, 04:51 PM

-
878 posts

Aston Martin DB11
SUSWayCock
post Jun 2 2020, 04:54 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 1 2020, 12:17 PM)
Guys, take a break from Hk, China, America, COVID and all the shit that’s happening for a moment. If you had a choice, to purchase one (or more) of the above in a place like Australia, where cars are cheaper and roads run for miles, which model would you choose and why?
got picture ar?
i too poor to know which is which
i choose car based on colour and looks
SUSTheBornLoser
post Jun 2 2020, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

I can't afford to even buy a MyVi for the next two years.... sad.gif
SUSAsquith
post Jun 2 2020, 05:18 PM

On my way
647 posts

I voted for the vanilla variant for the simple reason that Australia has strict speed limit enforcement and the base variant will provide all the fun such a car could provide in Australia without breaking the bank account.

My dad lives in Perth, owns a 993 Cabriolet that he bought new in Singapore and it was shipped over to Perth when he migrated. Now that he is semi retired he drives it out every day as long as it is not rainy or too chilly as the canvas top is now held together with some cobbler stitching and duct tape till an original replacement arrives.

He definitely loves his cars more than he loves me.
Iceman74
post Jun 2 2020, 05:29 PM

Regular
1,263 posts

No more Porsche or any sport cars for me
Really hard to get out from the car with tummy like me blush.gif
Beside the ride comfort is rough and need to watch out those road bump and potholes
But i do like the power tongue.gif

Prefer Macan or Cayenne or any higher clearance car/suv
SUSMyJimmy
post Jun 2 2020, 05:30 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(Asquith @ Jun 2 2020, 05:18 PM)
I voted for the vanilla variant for the simple reason that Australia has strict speed limit enforcement and the base variant will provide all the fun such a car could provide in Australia without breaking the bank account.

My dad lives in Perth, owns a 993 Cabriolet that he bought new in Singapore and it was shipped over to Perth when he migrated. Now that he is semi retired he drives it out every day as long as it is not rainy or too chilly as the canvas top is now held together with some cobbler stitching and duct tape till an original replacement arrives.

He definitely loves his cars more than he loves me.
Totally understand that...you don't hear that from people own a Ferrari or a Lambo. Porshe owner love their Porshe.
hz428
post Jun 2 2020, 05:34 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

Ts u want to use it for track day or daily driver?
TAZIO.N
post Jun 2 2020, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

Bwli itu Porsche macam James Dean punya...
TShksgmy
post Jun 2 2020, 05:52 PM

Doraemon!
4,358 posts

QUOTE(MyJimmy @ Jun 2 2020, 04:44 PM)
It never easy to choose any Porsche actually..Their model is like...they have a model for any season or day.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

user posted image

Wow... thank you for such a detailed post with your insightful thoughts! Much for me to digest. Thanks so much again!

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0391sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:55 AM