Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you want to live till age of 80?

views

TStzuen
post May 31 2020, 12:48 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
426 posts

Been taking care my parents of being strong by embracing their sickness, going in and out to hospita forl multiple times. Which makes me come to a point that I dont want to wish to live that long.

It's a selfish though , but I just don't wish to suffer in old age and gets people around me to bare the consequences of myself being old.

Anyone of you have the kind of thought?
Omgf
post May 31 2020, 12:51 PM

Casual
365 posts

Same here, current mindset is if got so much illness during old age, might as well just die earlier. No point living suffering
SUSbronkos
post May 31 2020, 12:54 PM

Regular
1,159 posts

yeah if i still have the cash to burn.
TStzuen
post May 31 2020, 01:02 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(bronkos @ May 31 2020, 12:54 PM)
yeah if i still have the cash to burn.
Health, is one of the things you can't buy
SUSbronkos
post May 31 2020, 01:03 PM

Regular
1,159 posts

QUOTE(tzuen @ May 31 2020, 01:02 PM)
Health, is one of the things you can't buy
it will at least makes us suffer in a comfy ways
Yenactiet
post May 31 2020, 01:06 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

Instead of thinking so negatively, why not make a move? Maintain a healthy lifestyle and release stress occasionally, just do anything you can to keep your body active. TDM is a great example to illustrate this. Besides, you can prepare enough savings to encounter all these situations. Touchwood, if you still get a disease despite doing so, at least you bear it by yourself without being a burden to others and euthanasia is always a choice...
Amedion
post Jun 1 2020, 09:39 AM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

Everyone is different.

We all so afraid of dying cause now we have a lot of things to do.
When u get old and sick. Suffering everyday. Then you'll be mentally weak to live on.

Those that still fight it might have something they want to experience before going. Say seeing their son to be successful / daughter to get married / having grandchild or could be afraid of going far from their child/spouse and not able to see them anymore.

This is the time you care for them. Like how they cared for you when ur a baby. Whether they want to live on or not. Do your best to give them love.
fu'house
post Jun 1 2020, 10:39 AM

On my way
540 posts

QUOTE(tzuen @ May 31 2020, 12:48 PM)
Been taking care my parents of being strong by embracing their sickness, going in and out to hospita forl multiple times. Which makes me come to a point that I dont want to wish to live that long.

It's a selfish though , but I just don't wish to suffer in old age and gets people around me to bare the consequences of myself being old.

Anyone of you have the kind of thought?
Who doesn't think about incoming death?

Live until the end, to push to the limit. Maybe just hope flu come and take you quickly. Death is certain, but to suffer and die maybe it's just fated to be.
TStzuen
post Jun 1 2020, 11:27 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 1 2020, 09:39 AM)
Everyone is different.

We all so afraid of dying cause now we have a lot of things to do.
When u get old and sick. Suffering everyday. Then you'll be mentally weak to live on.

Those that still fight it might have something they want to experience before going. Say seeing their son to be successful / daughter to get married / having grandchild or could be afraid of going far from their child/spouse and not able to see them anymore.

This is the time you care for them. Like how they cared for you when ur a baby. Whether they want to live on or not. Do your best to give them love.
That's what suffering when looking at your beloved ones going through the hard time. Yes, being by their side and morally support is the best way to comfort them. By saying that, which comes to a point by asking ourself why they need to be in this situation?
TStzuen
post Jun 1 2020, 11:28 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(fu'house @ Jun 1 2020, 10:39 AM)
Who doesn't think about incoming death?

Live until the end, to push to the limit. Maybe just hope flu come and take you quickly. Death is certain, but to suffer and die maybe it's just fated to be.
while pushing the limit is the toughest moment
Amedion
post Jun 1 2020, 11:31 AM

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No, it's star
3,377 posts

QUOTE(tzuen @ Jun 1 2020, 11:27 AM)
That's what suffering when looking at your beloved ones going through the hard time. Yes, being by their side and morally support is the best way to comfort them. By saying that, which comes to a point by asking ourself why they need to be in this situation?
As i said above. They have their reason. Maybe u can ask them instead?

My mom told me she not afraid to die. Just scare nobody take care of us. For her, we will always be her little kid no matter our age. She died after fighting cancer for 3 years.

Nobody has ever experience death. Some believe in heaven/hell and some not. The next destination could be more terrifying than the current suffering.
e_mc_square
post Jun 1 2020, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast
751 posts

Should change the mindset too..

"Do you want to be healthy living until age or 100?"
TStzuen
post Jun 1 2020, 05:42 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Jun 1 2020, 11:31 AM)
As i said above. They have their reason. Maybe u can ask them instead?

My mom told me she not afraid to die. Just scare nobody take care of us. For her, we will always be her little kid no matter our age. She died after fighting cancer for 3 years.

Nobody has ever experience death. Some believe in heaven/hell and some not. The next destination could be more terrifying than the current suffering.
May her rest in peace, and she will be extremely proud of having you as her son smile.gif
TStzuen
post Jun 1 2020, 05:46 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(e_mc_square @ Jun 1 2020, 11:34 AM)
Should change the mindset too..

"Do you want to be healthy living until age or 100?"
Healthy, that's for sure. But when it comes to aging there's no way you can avoid some of the aging sickness example like Glaucoma, there won't be a treatment for this except rely on eye drops 3 times a day till your last breath.
tanakimura8
post Jun 2 2020, 02:20 PM

49 posts

my grand-grand mother was 106

I think the older generations was idk maybe stronger? They went through a lot

Our generation adapts quite quickly, i think, but somehow I doubt me being able to live for so long.. Although - who knows - maybe there will be robots and the possibility for us to be completely digital and life for as many years as we please.
lovecats
post Jul 21 2020, 12:08 PM

37 posts

Hell no man. At that age health complications is inevitable. I'm young got lots of sickness already. At old age if I can apply for Dignitas or Pegasos, I'll do it.

https://www.rd.com/article/how-doctors-choose-to-die/

This made me thinking.

I don't wanna live like this sad.gif

https://web.archive.org/web/20191224034247/...ery-slow-decay/

This post has been edited by lovecats: Jul 21 2020, 12:31 PM
garricktang
post Nov 23 2020, 01:59 PM

23 posts

I want to die when I've fulfilled everything I want biggrin.gif
TStzuen
post Nov 23 2020, 02:40 PM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(garricktang @ Nov 23 2020, 01:59 PM)
I want to die when I've fulfilled everything I want  biggrin.gif
pls define by fulfil everything u want?
garricktang
post Nov 24 2020, 11:42 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(tzuen @ Nov 23 2020, 02:40 PM)
pls define by fulfil everything u want?
Career wise, family wise, knowing the people I care about are secure, and maybe visit the places I've always wanted to visit (now cmco doesnt seem to be possible la).
I want to build a name for myself, knowing that I've succeeded in this life. biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:40 AM