Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Spm 2020 is around the corner

views

TSJasminewoop P
post May 30 2020, 10:16 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
5 posts

Ik that due to the pandemic, our spm postpone to next year and we still have 6-5 months to study. But im nervous now, idk why.
Here's my result:
BM- 35-50 (i think i might fail...)

SEJ- 50-70 (i studied well when i was form 4, but form 5 sej is getting harder, so im not sure whether i can still score 50-70 anymore?)

ENG- 60-75 smtg (no worries)

SCIENCE- 60-70 smtg (no worries too.)

ACC-40-60 (i cant understand the question and format sometimes.)

PERNIAGAAN-40-60 (it's like sej 2.0 to me)

MATHS-35-50 (when the question changed, i have no idea how to jawab it.)so i think i might fail in this subject but i have to get at least c in order to enroll the coarse i want at ucsi...)

MORAL- 60-70 (still ok)

CHINESE- 60-70 (can handle it)

NOW, the subjects that i worry the most is bm, maths and a little worry for sej...(because form 5 is kinda hard)..

I wanna know what to do in order to improve these subjects, need help... icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

Especially bm, this is the biggest problem for me..

nate_nightroad
post May 30 2020, 10:18 PM

Endless numbered days...
3,537 posts

well…bm is difficult to fail unless u submit blank paper

others, just do lots of practice paper then ok one la
Yenactiet
post May 30 2020, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

For BM, train your thinking skills to give solid points when you're writing your factual essays. After I studied PA in STPM, I find that SPM's BM is way better and 'easier' because you can write whatever you want as long as it's logical compared to PA that has fixed answers... As to how to train your thinking skills, one easy way is to expand your views on things which is read more things, you can read threads here to do so, it's just a suggestion. With better thinking skills, you can elaborate your points better and can persuade the reader better, hence higher marks.

For maths, IMO, please make sure your basics are solid. HOTS questions are designed in a way that if your basics are weak you will have issues answering them. How to know your basics are solid? When things such as proving equations are like 1+1=2 to you, it indicates your basics are solid enough. Proving equations is a good indicator that you grasp the concept well.
P/S: What you said in the bracket literally shows your basics are weak, so do something to it. Maybe consider relearning what you've learnt again. You can PM me when you face problems in maths if you wish, I'll try my best to help.

Can't help you on Sejarah, sorry.

This post has been edited by Yenactiet: May 30 2020, 11:51 PM
myshinyannulus
post May 30 2020, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

Since BM and Maths have already been answered by Yenactiet, I'll just try to help with Sejarah. My study tactic is simple: DON'T READ BUKU TEKS. Buku teks is filled with useless information that will distract you from the points that matter, especially since the number of KBAT questions is increasing yearly. I heavily suggest buying Whizz Thru Sejarah by Oxford Fajar. I'm an SPM '19 student and I got an A+ without touching Buku Teks at all.

Sejarah is one of those subjects where self-study is really important. Not advocating bad learning habits or anything, but I spent most Sejarah classes doing other homework and studying more important subjects. Anything I didn't listen in class I will revise in Whizz Thru. The important things to listen in Sejarah class is the format, but since you're in F5 I'll just assume you've understood that already. Sejarah format is also quite flexible and not as strict as BM or Moral.

Do analyses of past year questions, deduce which are the hot topics (or just get tips from your friends and teachers) and memorise the subjective questions for the hot topics. Memorisation is a lot of work but it MUST be done.

Finally, try to get at least 90 marks on Paper 3. P3 is definitely the easiest to score. P1 is important but it wouldn't hurt to tembak a few questions. Suppose you do tembak, try to get around 20-25 marks. P2 is the hardest. If you can't remember the stuff you memorise you will have no choice but to go for the KBAT questions. Combine all that together and you should have enough to pass the subject (if that's your goal la) or maybe get a C. Good luck!
Yenactiet
post May 30 2020, 11:58 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

QUOTE(myshinyannulus @ May 30 2020, 11:42 PM)
Since BM and Maths have already been answered by Yenactiet, I'll just try to help with Sejarah. My study tactic is simple: DON'T READ BUKU TEKS. Buku teks is filled with useless information that will distract you from the points that matter, especially since the number of KBAT questions is increasing yearly. I heavily suggest buying Whizz Thru Sejarah by Oxford Fajar. I'm an SPM '19 student and I got an A+ without touching Buku Teks at all.
Sejarah is one of those subjects where self-study is really important. Not advocating bad learning habits or anything, but I spent most Sejarah classes doing other homework and studying more important subjects. Anything I didn't listen in class I will revise in Whizz Thru. The important things to listen in Sejarah class is the format, but since you're in F5 I'll just assume you've understood that already. Sejarah format is also quite flexible and not as strict as BM or Moral.
Do analyses of past year questions, deduce which are the hot topics (or just get tips from your friends and teachers) and memorise the subjective questions for the hot topics. Memorisation is a lot of work but it MUST be done.
Finally, try to get at least 90 marks on Paper 3. P3 is definitely the easiest to score. P1 is important but it wouldn't hurt to tembak a few questions. Suppose you do tembak, try to get around 20-25 marks. P2 is the hardest. If you can't remember the stuff you memorise you will have no choice but to go for the KBAT questions. Combine all that together and you should have enough to pass the subject (if that's your goal la) or maybe get a C. Good luck!
I concur with this even though I never did anything as suggested simply because I'm lazy laugh.gif But the part where you go for HOTS questions when you have no other choice is very true because this is what I did during my year. FYI, I only read my notes one day before the Sejarah paper and I had no clue to answer any of the essay questions, so I went to answer the HOTS questions. Luckily, I managed to get an A-. Honestly, if you train your thinking skills well to answer BM questions, it will help you in Sejarah too because when you know nothing, the HOTS questions in the essay section are technically the essay questions in BM but with history as a background.

This post has been edited by Yenactiet: May 30 2020, 11:59 PM
iSean
post May 31 2020, 01:15 AM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(myshinyannulus @ May 30 2020, 11:42 PM)

blink.gif blink.gif Sejarah Buku Teks where got useless information.
SPM line by line based on textbook quotes. Only those MCQ got funny peribahasa question not by textbook only.

For Sejarah, it is best if you can't understand BM context, find someone to explain to you with the language you're most comfortable with, aka Mandarin.
Understanding the Story >> No idea what's the story talk about.

For Paper 3, I think most teachers will just prepare all the available answers in the module for sale. So no need wories.

Paper 1 MCQ, mostly line by line in textbook if you buy topical past year paper analysis.
Paper 2 Structure, as long you answer with correct point, and essay question and pass already.

Just SPAM past year paper from 2003-2019, assuming textbook didn't really changed that much.
Bacon and eggs
post May 31 2020, 01:23 AM

34 posts

For math, can search on youtube 'y=mx+c' .The teacher teaching method is really good for students to understand instead of memorising.
precept66
post May 31 2020, 11:48 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

Wish you well in your exams this year. Keep going....
fu'house
post Jun 1 2020, 10:27 AM

On my way
540 posts

Postpone is near impossible. However I hope you had studied a lot during these 2-3 months getting ready for SPM.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:29 PM