Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life Sciences Healthcare degree doubts

views

TSyukojw28 P
post May 29 2020, 05:42 AM, updated 4y ago

Probation
3 posts

Hi guys 👋 I just graduated from my foundation courses and now I'm confused which degree courses I should go for

1. Biomedical Science, Biomedicine, Medical Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, which has wider range of job opportunities with decent salary in Malaysia?

2. Can I work in a forensic laboratories in future if I graduated from any one of the degrees above?

3. Which university provide better guidance (in terms of teaching quality, internship opportunities etc)? I'm currently looking into Monash, Sunway & IMU.

I am passionate about science ever since I'm young that's why I take these courses into my consideration. I love challenging & interesting jobs as well hence I would like advices from anyone of you or your friends who graduated / work in this field. Thank you so much 💕
TSyukojw28 P
post May 29 2020, 08:07 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 29 2020, 05:55 AM)
1.  Those fields have decent wages, but competition is high

2. To work in forensic lab in Malaysia, need to go through JPA, which will then assign you to Jabatan Kimia Malaysia. Provided that you have the correct qualifications such as forensic or chemistry. Not a given though for JPA to put you in JKM. Technically you become a pegawai sains.

3. What field?

4. Science is big. What field? Good luck.
So basically in terms of qualifications for forensic lab, it will favor more towards chemistry than bio/physics?

The courses that I took in my consideration now including Medical Biotechnology/Biomedicine in Sunway, Medical Bioscience in Monash & Biomedical Science/Pharmaceutical Chemistry in IMU

I still have doubts between Biomedical Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, so far I only know that BMS is more to research based while Biotech is more to applications, if not mistaken. I'm not that familiar with Pharmaceutical Chemistry but I take it as a 2nd choice too.

Thank you so much!
TSyukojw28 P
post May 29 2020, 08:08 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(powerlinkers @ May 29 2020, 05:56 AM)
1.Dream in Malaysia forever. You need to go to USA or Singapore.
2.Good luck in finding a job.

You are going to be a low level lab technician for the rest of your life.

Go to UTAR or AIMST or local government universities (private intake -rm300k++) for medical degree.
If you can't enter for medical degree: do engineering degree in Malaysia.

If you wish to be successful in Biotech industry: you must move to USA or Singapore.
Are you currently working in related field as well?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 AM