Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SmartBuyGlasses, Curious on its authenticity

views

TSfuzzkimchi P
post May 28 2020, 10:22 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
6 posts

Hi,

Asking if anyone managed to purchase sunglasses or glasses from https://www.smartbuyglasses.com.my/ ?
Any possibility your item being held at custom clearance?

Mind sharing experience, thanks.

icon_question.gif
Jaclow
post May 28 2020, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

Dare not buy..
Ewww!
post May 29 2020, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

- deleted -

This post has been edited by Ewww!: Jul 2 2023, 11:13 PM
SUSNed_Fromthenorth
post Jun 2 2020, 02:25 PM

Tezos till you Bezos
640 posts

ive bought a few from there and quite genuine the stuffs.
TSfuzzkimchi P
post Jun 7 2020, 07:41 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(Ned_Fromthenorth @ Jun 2 2020, 02:25 PM)
ive bought a few from there and quite genuine the stuffs.
Any possibility that custom might hold the item?
I mean did ur transaction from the HQ to Malaysia smooth? No extra charges?
SUSNed_Fromthenorth
post Jun 7 2020, 07:44 PM

Tezos till you Bezos
640 posts

QUOTE(fuzzkimchi @ Jun 7 2020, 07:41 PM)
Any possibility that custom might hold the item?
I mean did ur transaction from the HQ to Malaysia smooth? No extra charges?
Nope no hold. Iirc glasses are duties free.
Bought from them twice, both price also above 2k. And all smooth transactions.
TSfuzzkimchi P
post Jun 7 2020, 11:15 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(Ned_Fromthenorth @ Jun 7 2020, 07:44 PM)
Nope no hold. Iirc glasses are duties free.
Bought from them twice, both price also above 2k. And all smooth transactions.
Ahhhh i seee, didnt know that glasses are duties free, thanks for the feedback tho. Hahah imma proceed rclxm9.gif
kang_kaizer
post Jun 10 2020, 07:44 PM

13 posts

Late ly around mei i bought 1 spare spectacle..
Quite gunuine website ..
No hassle, arrived safely..original cheap
kang_kaizer
post Jun 10 2020, 07:45 PM

13 posts

Late ly around mei i bought 1 spare spectacle..
Quite gunuine website ..
TSfuzzkimchi P
post Jun 11 2020, 06:24 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(kang_kaizer @ Jun 10 2020, 07:44 PM)
Late ly around mei i bought  1 spare spectacle..
Quite gunuine website ..
Ah glad to know that! Hopefully will receive mine soon laugh.gif
SmokeyTheBear
post Jun 17 2020, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(fuzzkimchi @ Jun 11 2020, 06:24 PM)
Ah glad to know that! Hopefully will receive mine soon  laugh.gif
Considering buying from this website too. Frames are about 20%~30% cheaper than local stores.

There's a lot of negative reviews from USA and Canada buyers, but can't find any reviews for Malaysian buyers. It seems all the different countries' Smartbuyglasses sites are just a front for a single entity in HK.

Please give an update when you receive your order!
SUSNed_Fromthenorth
post Jun 19 2020, 09:52 AM

Tezos till you Bezos
640 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Jun 17 2020, 12:01 AM)
Considering buying from this website too. Frames are about 20%~30% cheaper than local stores.

There's a lot of negative reviews from USA and Canada buyers, but can't find any reviews for Malaysian buyers. It seems all the different countries' Smartbuyglasses sites are just a front for a single entity in HK.

ive bought from there a few times, besides frames being cheaper their lens are ungodly cheap. I think USA/canada review are due to its slow delivery time.

i get mine usually in about 2 weeks.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Ned_Fromthenorth: Jun 19 2020, 09:53 AM
SmokeyTheBear
post Jun 19 2020, 06:46 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Went to the shops today.

I think because of the spending lull during the MCO period, the optometrist stores were more willing to give discounts.

Managed to get a pair of frames even cheaper than the same one from Smartbuyglasses, used back my old lenses as they are still very good.

Still looking to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses though, so will still consider Smartbuyglasses if the OP comes back with a good review.
si perfeck!
post Jun 19 2020, 08:30 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Jun 19 2020, 06:46 PM)
Went to the shops today.

I think because of the spending lull during the MCO period, the optometrist stores were more willing to give discounts.

Managed to get a pair of frames even cheaper than the same one from Smartbuyglasses, used back my old lenses as they are still very good.

Still looking to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses though, so will still consider Smartbuyglasses if the OP comes back with a good review.
Btw. How do you guys get your prescription for the glasses? Using the old prescription when you bought old glasses from shop? So just use the same old prescribtion to order from smartbuyglsses?

Or you guys go to spectacles shop and just get (pay them) prescription from them, but didnt order any from them.
SmokeyTheBear
post Jun 19 2020, 09:27 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(si perfeck! @ Jun 19 2020, 08:30 PM)
Btw. How do you guys get your prescription for the glasses? Using the old prescription when you bought old glasses from shop? So just use the same old prescribtion to order from smartbuyglsses?

Or you guys go to spectacles shop and just get (pay them) prescription from them, but didnt order any from them.
I made a new, low budget pair of spectacles (Dr. Specs) more than 2 months ago just before MCO, so I have a relatively new prescription to work with.

You can go to any optometrist to get your eyes checked and get a new prescription. Not sure how much it will cost though, maybe a small fee.
anasnomous
post Jul 27 2020, 10:37 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

nvm, found what i want

This post has been edited by anasnomous: Jul 30 2020, 12:24 AM
TSfuzzkimchi P
post Oct 14 2020, 11:20 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(SmokeyTheBear @ Jun 17 2020, 12:01 AM)

Hi there sorry for the late reply. I have received my glasses from the website and it was authentic. For those glasses that are not ready in stock, they will be needing to order from production. Took almost a month for me BBC’s my glasses needs to be ordered but worth the wait. Luckily the customer service is very accommodating to me. No payment required for custom clearance etc. Hope it helps biggrin.gif
unicorn1 P
post Jan 23 2021, 04:08 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(fuzzkimchi @ Oct 14 2020, 11:20 PM)
Hi there sorry for the late reply. I have received my glasses from the website and it was authentic. For those glasses that are not ready in stock, they will be needing to order from production. Took almost a month for me BBC’s my glasses needs to be ordered but worth the wait. Luckily the customer service is very accommodating to me. No payment required for custom clearance etc. Hope it helps  biggrin.gif
Hello Hello, a newbie of lowyat here. I just did some research before I buy from smartglassMY and I go ahead as there is no custom tax needed. Now I receive an email saying I need to pay for custom tax and also they have included the freight charges + insurance, the total become so much higher than my glasses price, i need to bear the 10% tax + 35rm processing fee. do you know if smartglassMY can bear the cost or how can i waived off the glasses tax? Thank you! icon_question.gif unsure.gif confused.gif
TSfuzzkimchi P
post Feb 17 2021, 03:27 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(unicorn1 @ Jan 23 2021, 04:08 AM)
Hello Hello, a newbie of lowyat here. I just did some research before I buy from smartglassMY and I go ahead as there is no custom tax needed. Now I receive an email saying I need to pay for custom tax and also they have included the freight charges + insurance, the total become so much higher than my glasses price, i need to bear the 10% tax + 35rm processing fee. do you know if smartglassMY can bear the cost or how can i waived off the glasses tax? Thank you! icon_question.gif  unsure.gif  confused.gif
Hey there! Sorry for the late as I rarely browse through lowyat. I asked them once and their side mentioned that they will reimburse you for any extra duty fee. You can go ahead email them and provide the proof receipt for the freight charges + insurance. Hope it helps! thumbsup.gif
aikallex
post Jun 21 2023, 11:01 PM

8 posts

I’m thinking of buying a frame from this store but I’ve been seeing too much mixed reviews around for their product’s authenticity. Prices are significantly lower than official and retail stores and they also conveniently seem to carry a lot of niche eyewear brands too apart from the usual designer brands. I don’t know if I’m ready to risk 1.2k for a fake, or just add 800 more for an authentic one. It is very tempting however.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:59 AM