Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Stress-free vs high pay, Which one do you choose?

views

TSWomyai
post May 28 2020, 09:24 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
118 posts

I am being offered a higher pay job, of course it comes with stress. I am so used to my current job where i have a manager to cover for all the difficulties, pretty comfortable. I understand that this is an easy question, everyone told me "yah someday you gonna switch to a new environment, get out of your comfort zone, bring your life to the next level....."But when I think about all the stress, having a nice sleep at night would probably bcm a problem if the job is too stress, I can't make up my mind and make a definite decision on whether to accept the offer or not.

Some of you might ask if my current job is comfortable, why make the switch? Of course i like my current job, but i got bills to pay, and the main point is, staying at a single company means limiting yourself to the same processes and strategies year after year...

Does anybody encountered similar situation as mine? What did you choose then?

This post has been edited by Womyai: May 28 2020, 09:35 AM
reed90
post May 28 2020, 09:27 AM

Road to the End
1,552 posts

there is no job without stress lah. Everywhere also got.

the important thing is how you adapt to the stress

if u got opportunity, grab that high paying job. most people wouldn't have the opportunity in the first place.
net
post May 28 2020, 09:29 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(Womyai @ May 28 2020, 09:24 AM)
I am being offered a higher pay job, of course it comes with stress. I am so used to my current job where i have a manager to cover for all the difficulties, pretty comfortable. I understand that this is an easy question, everyone told me "yah someday you gonna switch to a new environment, get out of your comfort zone, bring your life to the next level....."But when I think about all the stress, having a nice sleep at night would probably bcm a problem if the job is too stress, I can't make up my mind and make a definite decision on whether to accept the offer or not.

why move to another job when you are comfortable with what you have now? going to a stressful environment will cause health deterioration. if the money that you make can pay off your medical bills then you can consider.
lawsh
post May 28 2020, 09:33 AM

Cikurity
6,785 posts

which is more important?
pay or comfort?

if you can answer the above then you have got your decision smile.gif
Ginny88

Regular
1,032 posts

Depends on whether you can take the stress. If the job is going to affect your health no amount of money is worth it.

PrincZe

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(Womyai @ May 28 2020, 09:24 AM)

you wouldnt know if the environment will be stressful or not until u try it out.

now is just assumption.

my say, if the salary is high enough to be worth it, to allow you to save more, allow u to spend more, prepare for the future, id say go for it.

unless u are 50 years old and waiting to retire then no need la
Sammie7
post May 28 2020, 09:39 AM

Casual
333 posts

if you already worried about the stress before you even started the new job, tbh, I don't think you are able to coup with the actual stress. Unless you really overthinking the new job.

but then again, you also feel stressed about your bills. So I guess it's actually up to you which kind of stress you prefer to deal with:

Work stress vs financial stress

you know what they said: we choose our own poison.
razgriz_0087
post May 28 2020, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

My senior manager always told me. You can only choose either career or your life/family. You need to decide on which path you’re going to take. If you’re married, it may become easier as i focused more on family and my wife on career since her career path is less stressful than me
GOPI56
post May 28 2020, 09:41 AM

Regular
1,396 posts

TS, there is no job without stress, it is about how you handle the stress and not giving a fuck about others.
mushigen
post May 28 2020, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Your main issue imo is not whether to go or not. It's the danger of falling asleep in your comfort zone. One day you'll wake up to find the comfortable mattress gone and you will be in a big trouble because you find it hard to look for a new job.
TiF
post May 28 2020, 09:48 AM

Regular
1,190 posts

take high pay job with high stress level in order to save more money for retirement is really funny.

ur heart might not be able to cope and u gg earlier than your expected retirement

means you dont have life until ur retirement, and by that time u might not have energy to do things u love

better is get high pay and no stress job, like posting on /k to get RM20k/month
NorAzdanNordin
post May 28 2020, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

Ask yourself la, do you need the extra money?

If you're earning enough now and you don't need the extra money, then maybe it's not worth the extra stress.

I strongly believe everybody has that level at which they are comfortable with their earnings and they would not want more.

Some people are comfortable earning 3k/month, some 5k/month, some 10k/month, only you will know your own level.

It's all in your needs & wants.
brkli
post May 28 2020, 11:09 AM

On my way
539 posts

so TS, when you can't pay your bills, you no stress ya?

if so, you can stay at your current job and be "stress free". maybe your manager can cover you financially to help cope with the financial stress also.

This post has been edited by brkli: May 28 2020, 11:10 AM
Zeroxhunter
post May 28 2020, 11:11 AM

Casual
449 posts

There no work without stress free.

This post has been edited by Zeroxhunter: May 28 2020, 11:12 AM
ry8128
post May 28 2020, 11:15 AM

♣Just a noob♣
3,382 posts

99% of the time, pay go along with the stress level. Meaning high pay will have high stress level, and vice versa, so its up to u.

As for me, i will always take high pay and high stress, cos ayam can handle stress well wub.gif

Then when we get old, then only we slow down and get a job which is not very stress, cos that is the time we must enjoy life to fullest.
Jay Chua CC
post May 28 2020, 11:16 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

work the high pay job till it becomes stress-free
melt
post May 28 2020, 11:18 AM

Enthusiast
949 posts

not all high pay are high stress... just look at those GLC that has been appointed last few weeks and months.
Blofeld
post May 28 2020, 11:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

find the job that you like despite being complex and high workload and higher pay

u will feel it very differently despite the stress and difficulties. If the job is something that you like, you will be able to overcome. I can spend day and night up to 2am on the work without feeling stressful at all and I look forward to the next day.

If the job is something that you don't like, then you will feel stressful.
yungkit14
post May 28 2020, 11:21 AM

On my way
698 posts

depends on your age lo ,if you are already peak of retirement ,no need la ,if around mid 30 or 40 better take it ..nolwdays everything also overpriced
HolyValkyrie
post May 28 2020, 11:27 AM

Casual
317 posts

Stress > Pay

I'll choose higher pay if I can handle the higher stress that come with it.

Mental health has a snowballing effect and worst case scenario suicide.

High stress -> mental health -> bad performance -> higher stress -> breakdown -> suicide

This post has been edited by HolyValkyrie: May 28 2020, 11:27 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 AM