Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which vehicle get the priority to overtake, A or B

views

amir.asyraf
post May 27 2020, 11:35 AM

On my way
502 posts

There's no priority. Sometimes A simply don't want to overtake, so B can overtake if B would like.

But B should first observe A's movement/intention on whether or not A wants to overtake, in which case common courtesy B should allow A to overtake first.
mushigen
post May 27 2020, 11:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Whichever is the safer way. Too often, ego gets into the way and accidents happen.
Captain89
post May 27 2020, 11:55 AM

Simple person
3,056 posts

No such rules about who got priority to overtake. First of all heavy vehicles should stay at left lane not middle lane.
aspartame
post May 27 2020, 02:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,165 posts

QUOTE(ry8128 @ May 27 2020, 11:35 AM)
There is no priority in overtaking. We just need basic common sense to handle this kind of situation.

If B overtake first, then A must be aware of this surrounding before he start his overtaking move, eg, make sure he is not blocking B, or crash into B left side, or let B overtake first.

Same thing applies if A overtake first. If B see A already start his move, then B should wait and let A overtake first.

If both start at the same time, then logically A will the 'priority', unless B want to ramp into A.

TLDR, common sense is needed.  laugh.gif
Yes. It depends on a quick “reading” of the situation. If I am A and approached the truck and B is behind me, and I am trying to overtake, first, if opposite traffic is clear, I have to gauge my speed against B speed and also B’s distance from me. If B is fast approaching and near me, I will not overtake. If B is fast approaching but still very far behind, I can speed up and overtake . If B is just behind but at same speed , I will signal and move to right to signal my intention and then overtake . Our brain will do these calculation subconsciously.

This post has been edited by aspartame: May 27 2020, 02:05 PM
precept66
post May 27 2020, 02:38 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

TS, in all I think more driving experience will improve your judgement and sound decision when you're in this kind of situation.
beetch
post May 27 2020, 03:17 PM

Casual
413 posts

Looks like lots of ppl got kopi o lesen in this tered.

To answer ur Q,

A has the first right to overtake. Just like the rule give way to traffic from right.

Kolos tered.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:33 AM