Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lump in Beagle’s front teeth gum

views

TSBabyyBluee
post May 23 2020, 10:11 PM, updated 4y ago

12 posts

Hi everyone,

Recently while brushing my beagle boy’s (5 y/o) teeth, I found out that there’s a lump/swollen gum on his upper teeth right side area. I was shocked cause my boy doesn’t seem to be in any pain or showing signs of discomfort. I gently poked on the lump and my boy didn’t react in any way at all.

Tried googling but there are various results and I can’t confirm if any of it is similar to my boy’s issue. I’ve attached photos of the lump below. If anyone has encountered something like this, I’d like to hear your thoughts on this, and whether this is something serious that requires a trip to the vet. Thank you!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
malleus
post May 26 2020, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

Looks to me like a gum abscess. Never encountered that in a pet, but had one of those myself.

It's basically a pocket of infection in the gum. Painless at first, until it reaches deeper and starts effecting the roots of the teeth. So yes, trip to the vet is recommended.

Treatment is quite simple, lancing the abscess to drain it, followed by antibiotics.
TSBabyyBluee
post Jun 18 2020, 09:06 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ May 26 2020, 12:53 PM)
Looks to me like a gum abscess. Never encountered that in a pet, but had one of those myself.

It's basically a pocket of infection in the gum. Painless at first, until it reaches deeper and starts effecting the roots of the teeth. So yes, trip to the vet is recommended.

Treatment is quite simple, lancing the abscess to drain it, followed by antibiotics.
Hi there, thank you for your reply and kind advice! I’ve brought my doggo to the vet and that’s exactly what the vet explained to me

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:15 PM