Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

McDonald's and Burger King

views

TSDwango
post May 21 2020, 03:49 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
491 posts

I don't know if it's post MCO era now or bulan Puasa, perhaps a combination of these 2 that the business of McDonald's is particularly good. Few days ago I went to the Drive - Through of a McDonald's outlet and was shocked to see a long line of cars in the queue where the line had spilled to the main road. I have to drive further away from the McDonald's outlet to join the queue at the back of the line.

Just wondering if you guys prefer burgers from McDonald's or Burger King more. I rarely take fast food but this Samurai beef burger actually tastes rather good. The beef patty of a McDonald's samurai burger is minced and the texture is softer than the meat patty of Burger King. The burgers from Burger King also tastes good but its different in quality from McDonald's. Apart from burgers, one advantage of Burger King over McDonald's is the fries. Burger King has onion rings and cheesy fries while McDonald's only has the normal French fries.

I also noticed that McDonald's now have this Yuzu cream cheese pie which tastes great. Banana chocolate pie also tastes good. Costs RM4+ a piece. Gone are the days when an apple pie only costs RM2 back in the days. It is good that McDonald's now have 3 different pies(they used to have apple pie only back in the days). Haven't tried the apple and Taro pies from Burger King yet and not sure if they are as good as the ones from McDonald's.
ryder_78
post May 22 2020, 11:37 AM

Regular
1,558 posts

Samurai burger (beef version) is one of my favourite burgers at Mcdonald's. This Samurai burger is not available all the time and is seasonal, so whenever it's available I'll usually go and get one unless too busy at work or I'm not aware of its availability.

I'm not too keen on other burgers from Mcdonald's though. If Samurai burger is not available and I wanted to have a burger from Mcdonald's, it would be the Fish O' fillet burger. I'm not aware of this Yuzu cream cheese pie and will try it soon. Thanks for the heads-up. The apple pie is usually quite nice.

Haven't tried the apple pie from Burger King though and not sure what is this Taro pie about. The burgers from Burger King tastes delicious as well, higher quality burgers overall when compared to Mcdonald's to me. Perhaps that is the reason the price is slightly higher than Mcdonald's.
brick the siren
post May 24 2020, 10:34 PM

25 posts

MCD for nuggets, Burger king for discount
babybobby
post May 27 2020, 04:19 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

There's always something good about burger king, which is not many people are queuing up during these mco days. Burger king definitely not bad and it depends on which branch you are buying from. And yes burger king offers many discount coupons and hotlink vouchers. Their grilled cheeseburger has a nice charcoal flavor. McD on the other hand, will always remained priority.
tekkaus
post May 30 2020, 03:23 AM

Casual
364 posts

Burger King is not bad to be honest.

It is definitely more affordable compared to McD thanks to discounts.

I love their French Chicken.
Ironflame P
post Jun 25 2020, 12:10 AM

Probation
24 posts

Personally, I prefer MacDonald's burgers. They always have very tasty beef and very cool sauces. Of course, I try not to eat there often, but sometimes the temptations are just SO great. So it's not always possible to hold yourself together and not go and eat at MacDonald's again.
zbeth P
post Jun 28 2020, 08:25 PM

Probation
23 posts

McD
TSDwango
post Jul 2 2020, 05:28 PM

Casual
491 posts

Yes, McD for me too. I am not sure if the Burger King outlet I went to (Cheras) is lousy but the burgers and fries are not good.

Feels "lembik" like already overnight.
tishaban
post Jul 2 2020, 07:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

Among the cheap fast foods I still like A&W burgers slightly better than McD. BK when done well is equivalent to McD IMO. Problem is that McD is the most consistent among the three, BK and A&W are just so inconsistent.

My go to burgers now are wagyu beef burgers from Village Grocer. For about RM22-25 of raw materials, I get two amazing 130g burgers that beats any burger out there including the sous vide burgers at Fuel Shack biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:03 PM