Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

views

ykj
post Jun 16 2020, 10:16 AM

Mission on educating on Hibah Takaful importance
830 posts

I bet they will be cursing you behind saying you are ungrateful and all.
Digifriend07
post Jun 16 2020, 10:24 AM

On my way
595 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ May 21 2020, 06:13 AM)
Resign under reason that you can no longer separate professional and familial conflict. But don't appear to them like you have immediate failover in another company. Explain to your FIL that you are putting importance on saving your family and marriage first above family's business.

Divorce should be avoided firstly, and only as last recourse if and when MIL, et.al. still insists on intruding in affairs after you resigned. Also consider the possibilities that your wife is unknowingly and innocently just being a pawn of her damily.
TS, you shud listen to this. To be honest, you will find success in future.
Maybe just back out and find tourself a good career that can lead you to ur own success... Gud luck bro, but please think wisely...
9m2w
post Jun 16 2020, 10:33 AM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(ykj @ Jun 16 2020, 10:16 AM)
I bet they will be cursing you behind saying you are ungrateful and all.
Stick and stones bro, no harm at all. Judging by how the family run their business, seriously doubt they have any clout in whatever industry they are in so their word is hardly going to affect TS's career. And they will have many many things to worry about in the coming months. Bigger (and more responsibly run) family own companies are already bracing for the worst and TS's in laws are playing politics and splurging on BMWs? It will be a train wreck and thankfully TS is nowhere near it

QUOTE(Digifriend07 @ Jun 16 2020, 10:24 AM)
TS, you shud listen to this. To be honest, you will find success in future.
Maybe just back out and find tourself a good career that can lead you to ur own success... Gud luck bro, but please think wisely...
Yup ideally divorce is the last recourse and I prefer separation. But still seeing some of my friends going thru it its a long and messy process with plenty of times to U-Turn. Sometimes some ppl snap out of it only when they are served divorce papers. In TS's case its more the MIL and I think only when their family business crash and burn will her hold on TS's wife lessen and the chances of reconciliation is higher
hksgmy
post Jun 16 2020, 10:47 AM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

It's always complicated when work and family are intertwined in this fashion.
SUSBora Prisoner
post Jun 16 2020, 10:48 AM

On my way
532 posts

Here are the steps you need to do in order:

1. Accept new job
2. Resign
3. Move out
4. Divorce

Justin.Loong
post Jun 16 2020, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 16 2020, 10:07 AM)
There it is again... this mention of BillCollector in the same line as TS. JoeK did it, and now you.

Is there something happening that I'm clueless (as usual) about, I wonder?
JoeK wave.gif
JoeK
post Jun 16 2020, 11:44 AM

Enthusiast
984 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Jun 16 2020, 11:42 AM)
JoeK  wave.gif
now you go read his thread at cupid corner.. i dont know la..
Justin.Loong
post Jun 16 2020, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Jun 16 2020, 11:44 AM)
now you go read his thread at cupid corner.. i dont know la..
Yeah... I saw that one too. A bit strange right? hmm.gif dry.gif shakehead.gif
hksgmy
post Jun 16 2020, 11:51 AM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

Are we getting our chains jerked?
9m2w
post Jun 16 2020, 11:58 AM

Victoria Concordia Crescit
1,021 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 16 2020, 11:51 AM)
Are we getting our chains jerked?
Maybe, maybe not but if BillC is his alter ego to make himself happy by passing time shooting the breeze and this thread is his real plea for geunine advice, doesnt that make this thread serious /k material? So no point in debating if he's BillC or not in that case

I brought up the writing style to explain why some might think TS is a dupe of BillC but I dont particularly think he is.
hksgmy
post Jun 16 2020, 12:00 PM

Doraemon!
4,359 posts

QUOTE(9m2w @ Jun 16 2020, 11:58 AM)
Maybe, maybe not but if BillC is his alter ego to make himself happy by passing time shooting the breeze and this thread is his real plea for geunine advice, doesnt that make this thread serious /k material? So no point in debating if he's BillC or not in that case

I brought up the writing style to explain why some might think TS is a dupe of BillC but I dont particularly think he is.
Indeed. Thank you!
SUSAsquith
post Jun 17 2020, 01:46 AM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(hksgmy @ Jun 16 2020, 08:08 AM)
Good for you, TS. That’s the first step in regaining control of your life. I wish you all the luck in the world!
Thank you for your kind words.

QUOTE(Chrix @ Jun 16 2020, 09:17 AM)
cool guys dont look a explosions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

good luck in your en-devours.
Thank you and I must say I did have a good chuckle at that video.

QUOTE(9m2w @ Jun 16 2020, 09:38 AM)
If you had any second thoughts, this incident should have been the straw that broke the camel's back.  Your MIL is cutting her nose to spite the face...and ironically not knowing it. Your wife is alternating between saving your marriage and punishing you, probably egged on by your MIL when deciding on the latter. Whatever hope you have for reconciliation will not work with that witch of a MIL around. Good luck in your new job and hope you have a smooth divorce.

My only piece of advice is maybe consider a separation first dont serve the divorce papers yet. Separate not for a few months but maybe a year or 2 and totally ghost your wife and her family. This isnt just for her to think things over. Its for your inlaws businesses to crash and burn which I suspect it surely will. Trust me this will bring them down a peg or two and hopefully lessen your MIL's influence on your wife. See how she behaves without the MIL in the picture. 

And despite the old saying of dont look back, in this case do look back once in a while. Enjoy the sight of your inlaws struggling, trust me schadenfreude is very therapeutic especially when it happens to ppl that have been dicks to you
I have been planning this move the last 4 months and I have decided under no circumstances I would ever reconcile with her as nothing will change and I am at that stage in life where I should not waste my time by taking on such unnecessary risk. i have no regrets with my decisions as I did give it everything and tried my best to make it work but I will concede that my best was insufficient.

QUOTE(V429 @ Jun 16 2020, 10:05 AM)
I suppose your wife and her family should be glad you are not as combative as Bill was previously.

I do hope things get better for you soon, you sound like a capable person and you will succeed no matter where you go. All the best.
I should add that this is my third account on this forum therefore many are right that this is indeed a dupe account. My first account was my trading account, I use that account to meet potential buyers and sellers. My second account was the one I used to take part in other sections of this board and I had it since my days at Autoworld and Hardwarezone, no I will not use that name on here for these matters as I do not want to solicit any pity from those who has known me previously.

Am I BillCollector? I have spent enough time on Hardwarezone to realise it is a futile attempt to convince anyone whether I am or I am not him.

I had no intention of being combative over these matters, I much rather they disappear from my life and let me move on with as little resistance as possible.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:12 PM