Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Used iPhone originality, Import set / refurbish / really 2nd?

views

TSpallmall
post May 19 2020, 10:02 PM, updated 4y ago

34 posts

So i came across seller selling iphone claiming original set (LL/XA/EA/MYA/etc.). The thing is;

1. Fullset no earphone/earpod - if really 2nd unit, it should come with it right? Even the box doesnt have compartment for it. Box can be bought, though.

2. Origin (LL/MYA/etc etc). Now as far as i know that can be change by changing ic region chip. Was being told most if not all are refurbished unit. Hard to find a really 2nd unit regardless LL or MYA or whatever it is.

3. Memory tampered/modify - usually ip7/ip7+ affected. Original 32gb but modify to 256gb. Not a real issue but it means the phone already modified and dissassembled, no?

4. Sticker at screw beside lightning port - i guess that clearly meant it is already dissassembled? Not to mention originality of the part, especially screen hard to justify?

And the list goes on.

The thing is that it came across to me that most of the buyer (at least most of my friend) having issue with their phone after that, and only knew after bought it. I may be wrong or am i right on this?
nonequal
post May 19 2020, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

need to bring laptop with internet connection and plug the used iPhone to 3UTools to check the internal hardware originality.

that software can detect and compare serial number of each and every hardware inside.

but yeah, iPhone used market is sketchy.
Icehart
post May 21 2020, 05:22 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

If you want to get a second iPhone, stick to MY unit with receipt (Avoid telco unit). Buy units that have been bought with cash outright.
metaled
post May 22 2020, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

There is no way for you to be sure unless you plug in your phone to a PC or a device that will counter check all parts serial number in the phone, even that you cant be sure because you can copy and paste the original serial number to a new part with a serial number copy/burn device ( like screen/battery ). You can always buy a used motherboard if you stole someone's iphone and they locked the device via iTunes, but its quite a lot of work.

No point worrying, if the screen quality and color looks like the original with working true tone, Touch/Face ID work, not telco locked device, and most importantly price is reasonable with the actual phone, you are good to go. Stick to MY set.

And most of the supplier in China did an awesome job in refurbishing the device, with the most expensive one is refurbished from original used part.
MOMOchacha
post May 22 2020, 02:01 PM

Regular
1,949 posts

QUOTE(metaled @ May 22 2020, 12:39 PM)
There is no way for you to be sure unless you plug in your phone to a PC or a device that will counter check all parts serial number in the phone, even that you cant be sure because you can copy and paste the original serial number to a new part with a serial number copy/burn device ( like screen/battery ). You can always buy a used motherboard if you stole someone's iphone and they locked the device via iTunes, but its quite a lot of work.

No point worrying, if the screen quality and color looks like the original with working true tone, Touch/Face ID work, not telco locked device, and most importantly price is reasonable with the actual phone, you are good to go. Stick to MY set.

And most of the supplier in China did an awesome job in refurbishing the device, with the most expensive one is refurbished from original used part.
thanks your kind of information, recently can see lot of reseller selling iphone FACE ID malfunction.
it should have ever done the repair or no more original part right
metaled
post May 22 2020, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(MOMOchacha @ May 22 2020, 02:01 PM)
thanks your kind of information, recently can see lot of reseller selling iphone FACE ID malfunction.
it should have ever done the repair or no more original part right
Means the Face ID have been replaced as only Apple can reprogram those. Up until today still havent exist a rig/device for 3rd party people to reprogram this.

Not sure about the older iphone but on the 11 running iOS13, if swapping the battery and display without reprogramming the original parts serial number, you will get a persistent message in your setting telling you Apple is not able to verify display and battery to be original, you will lose true tone and not able to check battery health.
TSpallmall
post May 23 2020, 12:52 AM

34 posts

What bother me is misleading info, and title. Most if not all claimed original LL/MYA/XA/etc but in fact the ic region has been tampered. Most of customer sure want MY set, and got conned. Not to mention other part.
MOMOchacha
post May 23 2020, 09:13 AM

Regular
1,949 posts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-zoVzA

Here I share the YouTube video.
After watch this, really be care to buy an refurbished iPhone.

This post has been edited by MOMOchacha: May 23 2020, 09:13 AM
piglover
post May 24 2020, 09:11 AM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(MOMOchacha @ May 23 2020, 09:13 AM)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-zoVzA

Here I share the YouTube video.
After watch this, really be care to buy an refurbished iPhone.
Means after the built up, it works like original?
They like having a mini assembly line in the shop.. cool 👍👍
boarulez
post May 24 2020, 08:17 PM

Casual
357 posts

Bought a recon iPhone before , for me , it’s ok
So much cheaper .
But what’s inside I really don’t know
piglover
post May 25 2020, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ May 24 2020, 08:17 PM)
Bought a recon iPhone before , for me , it’s ok
So much cheaper .
But what’s inside I really don’t know
Everything work like normal iphone? Can sync itune?
I saw a lot recon online
boarulez
post May 25 2020, 03:30 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(piglover @ May 25 2020, 02:27 PM)
Everything work like normal iphone? Can sync itune?
I saw a lot recon online
Can can , nothing different . Just buy those sim free, meaning no telco lock or whatsoever . Can reset or restore .
I bought 1 iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X for my relative , almost a year ,so far so good la.
afs
post May 25 2020, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ May 25 2020, 03:30 PM)
Can can , nothing different . Just buy those sim free, meaning no telco lock or whatsoever . Can reset or restore .
I bought 1 iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X for my relative , almost a year ,so far so good la.
Bought from which seller? Can recommend trusted seller
persona93
post May 29 2020, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,164 posts

gf sis recently bought XS Max 256GB for 3k, tested on site ok

reached home, pulled out sim tray, screen started to flicker like hell

next day bring back, replaced with another NEW set, so far ok

when i meet my gf, i checked the phone, 84% battery only, screen also not so smooth when scrolling haiz

want to lcly but dowan to wait or even go legit shop bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
degraw1993
post May 30 2020, 01:23 AM

Regular
1,892 posts

QUOTE(persona93 @ May 29 2020, 11:53 PM)
gf sis recently bought XS Max 256GB for 3k, tested on site ok

reached home, pulled out sim tray, screen started to flicker like hell

next day bring back, replaced with another NEW set, so far ok

when i meet my gf, i checked the phone, 84% battery only, screen also not so smooth when scrolling haiz

want to lcly but dowan to wait or even go legit shop  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
is it bought from authorised seller?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 AM