Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Theta Network, Next generation video delivery

views

TSflyingfox
post May 14 2020, 03:26 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
56 posts

Hi guys, I would like to introduce a very good project called Theta Network. Have you thought of by watching your favourite TV shows and you will earn coins to pay for monthly subscriptions? When I first discovered the project back in May 2018, I decided that this is the only project that I'm going to invest heavily. The reason why I invest in this project is because of the strong use case, their partners and also their strong advisors team.

Take a brief look at www.thetatoken.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBm6TVnMvrc

What is Theta Network
Theta Network is the leading video delivery network powered by blockchain technology. Theta rewards users to relay video streams and enables existing video platforms to deepen viewer engagement, drive incremental revenues, and reduce their video delivery costs. Theta network enables users to earn rewards by relaying video on a peer-to-peer basis, utilizing excess bandwidth on any PC, mobile, Smart TV or IoT device.

What is Theta blockchain?
Theta is a purpose-built blockchain designed from the ground up for video and data relaying. Theta’s unique multi-BFT consensus design combines a committee of 20-30 Enterprise Validator Nodes with a second layer of 1000s of community-run Guardian Nodes. Validator Nodes propose and produce new blocks in the chain, while Guardian Nodes finalize blocks and act as a check on malicious or otherwise non-functional Validator Nodes. For more information, see the research paper “Scalable BFT Consensus Mechanism Through Aggregated Signature Gossip” by Theta CTO Jieyi Long and Lead Developer Ribao Wei.
Enterprise Validator Nodes on Theta are currently run by Blockchain Ventures, Samsung, Binance, gumi Cryptos, and Theta Labs, with several more major enterprises in the process of joining. Guardian Nodes are currently being tested by more than 400 Theta community members on the Theta testnet, and will go live on mainnet on May 27, 2020 with the launch of Theta Mainnet 2.0.

What are Theta Token (THETA) and Theta Fuel (TFUEL)?
Theta Token (THETA): The staking and governance token of the Theta protocol. THETA is used to stake as a Validator or Guardian node, contributing to block production and the protocol governance of the Theta Network. By staking and running a node, users will earn a proportional amount of the new TFUEL generated. The supply of THETA is fixed at 1 billion and will never increase.
Theta Fuel (TFUEL): The operational token of the Theta protocol. TFUEL is used for on-chain operations like payments to Edge Node relayers for sharing a video stream, or for deploying or interacting with smart contracts. Relayers earn TFUEL for every video stream they relay to other users on the network. You can think of Theta Fuel as the “gas” of the protocol. There were 5 billion TFUEL at genesis of Theta blockchain, and the supply increases annually at a fixed % set at the protocol level, currently 5%.

What is THETA.tv?
THETA.tv, the first video platform built on the Theta Network, leverages an existing user base of millions of esports viewers. It features 24/7 live esports streams, top crypto conferences like Consensus and Virtual Blockchain Week, and premium content like live World Poker Tour events. Every livestream on THETA.tv is powered by the Theta Network, and viewers earn TFUEL tokens for relaying the stream over the p2p Theta Network. In addition to the core THETA.tv site, THETA.tv is also streamed through THETA.tv Android TV app, Android and iOS mobile apps, the Littlstar PS4 app, as well as numerous partners sites like G Fuel, Sizzle Popcorn, and EasternMediaGG.
Who is using Theta Network?
Theta Network is currently working on integrations with several video platforms such as Samsung VR, COS.tv, Pandora.tv, and more. You can watch Theta Labs is also working with Samsung’s Visual Display group to bring the Theta Network to their lineup of smart TVs. You can see a demo of this technology where Theta presented at Samsung Developer Conference as a featured partner.

user posted image
wizardblat
post May 25 2020, 02:45 PM

21 posts

That thing was so top 1 on binance yesterday night. It was 140% increase if I'm not mistaken
SUSMr. WongSF
post May 25 2020, 10:48 PM

Casual
427 posts

absolutely bat shit crazy the past 5 wks shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif
TSflyingfox
post May 26 2020, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

yeah..... we are going to the moon soon, 2 more days until a big announcement!!!

Please do some research on THETA... I just want to share something great with my fellow Malaysian

We have 2 tokens on THETA network
1 is THETA
1 is TFUEL

This post has been edited by flyingfox: May 26 2020, 04:42 PM
SUSMr. WongSF
post May 26 2020, 06:24 PM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(flyingfox @ May 26 2020, 04:41 PM)
yeah..... we are going to the moon soon, 2 more days until a big announcement!!!

Please do some research on THETA... I just want to share something great with my fellow Malaysian

We have 2 tokens on THETA network
1 is THETA
1 is TFUEL
Hi,

It's already very, very high. How high do you still expect it to go?

20th Apr - 0.0045300

18th May - 0.0086379

26th May - 0.00225308 170%+ in 8 days or 485% in 5 weeks shocking.gif

Edit: Any specific number? 0.00500000? 0.00700000?

This post has been edited by Mr. WongSF: May 26 2020, 06:34 PM
cucumber
post May 26 2020, 06:47 PM

Enthusiast
779 posts

Thanks for sharing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this tech... so you can only earn the tokens by staking?
Running a node by install the app on my pc?
SUSMr. WongSF
post May 27 2020, 09:12 PM

Casual
427 posts

ahh mai gatzzz!! THETA shot up again todeis 0.00266XXX nows! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
HonG8821
post May 27 2020, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

how does this works? do i go to the website and download the node to start mining?
TSflyingfox
post May 28 2020, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(cucumber @ May 26 2020, 06:47 PM)
Thanks for sharing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this tech... so you can only earn the tokens by staking?
Running a node by install the app on my pc?
you can watch streams at www.theta.tv to earn TFUEL or running Edge Node to help the network by sharing ur excess bandwidth and earn TFUEL, or staking ur THETA as Guardian Node to earn TFUEL.
TSflyingfox
post May 28 2020, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(HonG8821 @ May 27 2020, 09:39 PM)
how does this works? do i go to the website and download the node to start mining?
Have a look at this article
https://medium.com/@ThetaLabs/intro-to-thet...rk-663023d82ab9
TSflyingfox
post May 28 2020, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Last night we just announced that we have a partnership with Google but was screwed up by Binance Futures sad.gif

https://www.coindesk.com/google-signs-on-as...o-network-theta

https://www.forbes.com/sites/coryjohnson/20...n/#992818665937
SUSMr. WongSF
post May 28 2020, 05:20 PM

Casual
427 posts

scary weii sweat.gif sweat.gif , the drop :

0.00284239 --------------> 0.00133620

currently 0.00166XXX
TSflyingfox
post May 30 2020, 02:08 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(Mr. WongSF @ May 28 2020, 05:20 PM)
scary weii  sweat.gif  sweat.gif , the drop :

0.00284239            -------------->    0.00133620   

currently 0.00166XXX
haihh.... very sad, we were screwed by Binance Future, purposely launch future same day with our mainnet 2.0 and Google partnership announcement. Many ppl sell the news and shorting gao gao
SUSMr. WongSF
post May 30 2020, 08:35 PM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(flyingfox @ May 30 2020, 02:08 PM)
haihh....  very sad, we were screwed by Binance Future, purposely launch future same day with our mainnet 2.0 and Google partnership announcement. Many ppl sell the news and shorting gao gao
but u still made some, didn't u? i hope u did. i didn't jump in, b'cos it was already going parabolic, by the time i saw ur thread.

Thanks for the heads-up anyway wink.gif . Projek nie ade potensi.
TSflyingfox
post Jun 4 2020, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(Mr. WongSF @ May 30 2020, 08:35 PM)
but u still made some, didn't u? i hope u did. i didn't jump in, b'cos it was already going parabolic, by the time i saw ur thread. 

Thanks for the heads-up anyway  wink.gif . Projek nie ade potensi.
yes, i still making profit, because i bought all the way down to 0.04 range in the past.

I start this thread because i wish to start a Malaysia Theta Community
TSflyingfox
post Sep 15 2020, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Binance premieres the battle of asia esports tourney exclusively powered by theta network
sheemmet
post Oct 6 2020, 05:49 PM

Casual
380 posts

not sure if anyone running theta edge node , just receive first payout by sharing data , then transfer the earning ( tfuel ) to binance , seems to be quite fast ....
zxcv96
post Oct 6 2020, 07:56 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

0.7 Today

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:39 PM