Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Suggest activities for 4 year old son during MCO, Not tv/tablet/YouTube

views

TSmystvearn
post May 11 2020, 06:19 AM, updated 4y ago

6,511 posts

Since this MCO period, tried to be creative.

Have small swimming pool. A bit hassle to fix.

Small indoor trampoline. Sometimes play catch or he watch YouTube from it.

Activity books, though ikut mood. Bila nak buat, buat banyak.

So far wajib youtube/Netflix before sleep 9-10 pm and maybe 2 or 3 times during the day. Have to turn on at night since I need to put baby to bed before tending to him.

Got remote control car, play outside but not during the day.

Forced to sleep in afternoon, but don't want to sleep. Rarely will sleep.

Helps around with household chores but not consistent. More like play than help.

My other problem is I cannot commit full time on him since need to take care of <1 year old sibling as well.
Not sure if I want to introduce to video games. Found some basic Google play games on tablet, hooked. Remove the games.

This post has been edited by mystvearn: May 11 2020, 06:26 AM
fireballs
post May 11 2020, 06:28 AM

5,627 posts

try prodigygames.com
like pokemon but with maths

khan academy kids
books, learning proper one.

This post has been edited by fireballs: May 11 2020, 06:28 AM
TSmystvearn
post May 11 2020, 10:31 AM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ May 11 2020, 06:28 AM)
try prodigygames.com
like pokemon but with maths

khan academy kids
books, learning proper one.
Thanks. App? TV?
fireballs
post May 11 2020, 02:47 PM

5,627 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 11 2020, 10:31 AM)
Thanks. App? TV?
app
NinG
post May 12 2020, 07:29 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

If you got time, how about hands on activity? DIY stuffs, and painting.

One of activity I played with my son is: Few bowl / pots of water, spoon,scope, floating items. Only fill up one bowl with water. They will use the scope filled with water and put into another bowl. This activity is very fun for them. Can play for 2 hours.
TSmystvearn
post May 13 2020, 09:53 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(NinG @ May 12 2020, 07:29 PM)
If you got time, how about hands on activity? DIY stuffs, and painting.

One of activity I played with my son is:  Few bowl / pots of water, spoon,scope, floating items. Only fill up one bowl with water. They will use the scope filled with water and put into another bowl. This activity is very fun for them. Can play for 2 hours.
Got a magic water color book. Add water, picture and colors appear. Still playing from time to time.

This is a good idea. Though everyone will get wet.

Maybe will buy magnetic fish and play in bathtub or so. Playing that daily. I found out that if I just do chores and projects around the house, he will follow and help. Only that the 1 year old will be bored forever in carrier while I do work
NinG
post May 14 2020, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ May 13 2020, 09:53 PM)
Got a magic water color book. Add water, picture and colors appear. Still playing from time to time.

This is a good idea. Though everyone will get wet.

Maybe will buy magnetic fish and play in bathtub or so. Playing that daily. I found out that if I just do chores and projects around the house, he will follow and help. Only that the 1 year old will be bored forever in carrier while I do work
I also got the magic water color book. Sometimes I let him play with that, mostly will still go for true colors. The sensation is different. Badminton also a good choice. Anyhow, they need to release their energy.

I do keep all the toilet rolls (hard one) then tie a transparent plastic, cut and stick a picture then use torch light to light it up. It will reflects the shape.

TSmystvearn
post May 14 2020, 06:23 PM

6,511 posts

QUOTE(NinG @ May 14 2020, 02:34 PM)
I also got the magic water color book. Sometimes I let him play with that, mostly will still go for true colors. The sensation is different. Badminton also a good choice. Anyhow, they need to release their energy.

I do keep all the toilet rolls (hard one) then tie a transparent plastic, cut and stick a picture then use torch light to light it up. It will reflects the shape.
I just use the plastic electric wire trunking for that. Can become race car track

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:24 PM