Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

AIRASIA/MAS : MY TIP IN GETTING CASH REFUND, IT CAN BE DONE | DON'T USE AVA

views

TSliangzai84
post May 9 2020, 01:29 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
240 posts

Re: Refund
Guys, just file credit card dispute with your bank, that's how you can get your money back. Attach whatever supporting documents you have, fill up the dispute form, email over to your bank, its as simple as that. I went through hell with AirAsia for two months, the bank settle all that in 7 days.
I hate to say this but AA is really acting like a fraud amidst this pandemic. After pressuring then on FB, AA emailed seeking my understanding toward their situation and convince me to settle for credit account, I said no and insisted on refund. The pandemic affect everyone, not just airlines. No reply from them. I then lodged complaint to mavcom and filed credit card dispute at the same time. What mavcom did was simply forwarding my complaint back to AA, someone from AA emailed me singing the same tune, unable to offer refund, only credit account.
Cut long story short, its the bank that manage to do the charge bank and return the money that AA planned to steal. If they didn't pledge for voluntary refund I wouldn't be so mad, its so disgraceful that as a reputable airline, they U turn what they promised and acted like a fraud
usernama
post May 9 2020, 02:05 AM

16 posts

Powerful England
nasiputih
post May 9 2020, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

this engrand is is proper britain
waghyu
post May 9 2020, 02:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(liangzai84 @ May 9 2020, 01:29 AM)
Re: Refund
Guys, just file credit card dispute with your bank, that's how you can get your money back. Attach whatever supporting documents you have, fill up the dispute form, email over to your bank, its as simple as that. I went through hell with AirAsia for two months, the bank settle all that in 7 days.
I hate to say this but AA is really acting like a fraud amidst this pandemic. After pressuring then on FB, AA emailed seeking my understanding toward their situation and convince me to settle for credit account, I said no and insisted on refund. The pandemic affect everyone, not just airlines. No reply from them. I then lodged complaint to mavcom and filed credit card dispute at the same time. What mavcom did was simply forwarding my complaint back to AA, someone from AA emailed me singing the same tune, unable to offer refund, only credit account.
Cut long story short, its the bank that manage to do the charge bank and return the money that AA planned to steal. If they didn't pledge for voluntary refund I wouldn't be so mad, its so disgraceful that as a reputable airline, they U turn what they promised and acted like a fraud
They reverse immediate after receive dispute. So 7 days is usual timing from reverse and credit back. But in few months they may charge back after investigation on your dispute claim, depending on outcome.
PaperClip224
post May 9 2020, 04:08 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

Basically a charge back lar / reversal of charge ...

You are not out of the water yet - as the merchant can dispute that .. And banks will charge you again of the original amount PLUS administrative fee

Credit charge backs are for cases where d card is used unauthorized .. Like you say, steal ... But your case its not really steal.

1) you enter your card details in .. Name on card and numbers

2 ) Then your CVV code and sms OTP (proving ownership of card) ..

3 ) Your flight ticket name matching with credit card fully proving you are d one using the card

They will sure take action - even if not charge you they can just ban you in future purchases ...

TSliangzai84
post May 9 2020, 04:29 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(PaperClip224 @ May 9 2020, 05:08 AM)
Basically a charge back lar / reversal of charge ...

You are not out of the water yet - as the merchant can dispute that .. And banks will charge you again of the original amount PLUS administrative fee

Credit charge backs are for cases where d card is used unauthorized .. Like you say, steal ... But your case its not really steal.

1) you enter your card details in .. Name on card and numbers

2 ) Then your CVV code and sms OTP (proving ownership of card) ..

3 ) Your flight ticket name matching with credit card fully proving you are d one using the card

They will sure take action - even if not charge you they can just ban you in future purchases ...
Just tick the relevant reason for charge back in the dispute form.

If the cancelled your flight, tick service not rendered.

If the promised you refund (which they did, under their original refund policy), tick under the refund related box
mataharih
post May 29 2020, 04:35 PM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(liangzai84 @ May 9 2020, 04:29 AM)
Just tick the relevant reason for charge back in the dispute form.

If the cancelled your flight, tick service not rendered.

If the promised you refund (which they did, under their original refund policy), tick under the refund related box
Which bank was this? Was trying to get a chargeback through AmBank for the same issue with AA but they lied to me and said they couldn't do chargebacks. I knew they were lying and this just proved it.

I've stopped using their credit card after this whole ordeal.

This post has been edited by mataharih: May 29 2020, 04:35 PM
19 Degree South
post May 29 2020, 05:04 PM

Regular
1,479 posts

Any kind soul can let me know how to get the credit refund ! I went to their website and is so confusing . Knn! I got a kl to Kuching tic that need to do credit refund !

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM