Nothing more easier than Adabi + Cintan

views

TSbabybobby
post Jun 16 2020, 06:41 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 15 2020, 05:20 PM)
whats vit's noodles...

>.< yea gonna b darn while before we can fly anywhere..but in viet now they quite steady everything seems fine..
just not worth the pain...come back quarantine 2 weeks stay hotel out of own pocket..sakit
Vit's noodles are another brand of similar non-fried or air-dried noodles, known as 唯一面 in chinese. AK noodles house's curry noodles can let us choose vit's noodles out of many other type of noodles such as kueyteow, mihun, spinach noodles, as well as the notorious yellow noodles. I always chose vit's noodles because more chewier than the rest and go well with AK seafood curry.
kimboy
post Jun 17 2020, 05:48 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 16 2020, 06:41 AM)
Vit's noodles are another brand of similar non-fried or air-dried noodles, known as 唯一面 in chinese. AK noodles house's curry noodles can let us choose vit's noodles out of many other type of noodles such as kueyteow, mihun, spinach noodles, as well as the notorious yellow noodles. I always chose vit's noodles because more chewier than the rest and go well with AK seafood curry.
mmm sorry not quite following...
Vit noodle is a brand..i saw its yellow packaging?like magee got diff flavour i saw got curry seafood tomyum , dry mee...
whats this ak as in a restaurant or a brand....
TSbabybobby
post Jun 18 2020, 06:33 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 17 2020, 05:48 PM)
mmm sorry not quite following...
Vit noodle is a brand..i saw its yellow packaging?like magee got diff flavour i saw got curry seafood tomyum , dry mee...
whats this ak as in a restaurant or a brand....
Yes vit's noodle is a brand, it offers both instant noodles that have seasonings (like curry and tomyum), fried plain noodles (yellow packaging) and non-fried plain noodles (green packaging). For my homecook recipes i always used non-fried since it's healthier. Both Cintan and Vit's works just fine as long as it is non-fried.

Vit's has its own products as well as relabelling for Giant. The Giant brand air-dried noodles are made by Vit's, but at cheaper price.

Ak noodles house or originally known as "Ah koong restaurant" is a franchise business that sells homemade style fishballs and curry. The restaurant is known for its fishball noodles but i prefer their curry because the curry soup is made from seafood so it tastes sweet and spicy, topped with fresh cockles, fried spiced roll, fishballs and taupok. The curry sambal is to die for!

kimboy
post Jun 19 2020, 05:20 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 18 2020, 06:33 AM)
Yes vit's noodle is a brand, it offers both instant noodles that have seasonings (like curry and tomyum), fried plain noodles (yellow packaging) and non-fried plain noodles (green packaging). For my homecook recipes i always used non-fried since it's healthier. Both Cintan and Vit's works just fine as long as it is non-fried.

Vit's has its own products as well as relabelling for Giant. The Giant brand air-dried noodles are made by Vit's, but at cheaper price.

Ak noodles house or originally known as "Ah koong restaurant" is a franchise business that sells homemade style fishballs and curry. The restaurant is known for its fishball noodles but i prefer their curry because the curry soup is made from seafood so it tastes sweet and spicy, topped with fresh cockles, fried spiced roll, fishballs and taupok. The curry sambal is to die for!
AHHHHH okie now i understand..one jual noodle...one jual fishmeat n fishball...icicic
i dont really like fish n especially process meat..
TSbabybobby
post Jun 19 2020, 08:57 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 19 2020, 05:20 PM)
AHHHHH okie now i understand..one jual noodle...one jual fishmeat n fishball...icicic
i dont really like fish n especially process meat..
Have u ever tried those fancy Taiwanese instant noodles sold at Mix signature store? I think they taste more or less the same, either spicy or mala. Can be quite costly also, but i like their fancy packaging. I always wondered why our local instant noodles aren't as creative as those imported stuffs.

If u like samyang noodles but on tight budget like myself, i buy the samyang buldak hot sauce in bottle (the same sauce used in samyang noodles seasoning) then mix with my own non-fried noodles. Once in a while oklah.
kimboy
post Jun 22 2020, 04:34 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 19 2020, 08:57 PM)
Have u ever tried those fancy Taiwanese instant noodles sold at Mix signature store? I think they taste more or less the same, either spicy or mala. Can be quite costly also, but i like their fancy packaging. I always wondered why our local instant noodles aren't as creative as those imported stuffs.

If u like samyang noodles but on tight budget like myself, i buy the samyang buldak hot sauce in bottle (the same sauce used in samyang noodles seasoning) then mix with my own non-fried noodles. Once in a while oklah.
no wo..too many variant i see till pening...there was a season back in school use to eat magee so much then when u read too many articles on how unhealthy it is...
i sort of cut them off for awhile..back then eat cause too pokai now always craving cause its yummeh !!!!
i remember cny was it last year was alone famil not around of all food i decided to self reward was a mamak bowl of magee mee curry...oh dayums so shioks ....
TSbabybobby
post Jun 26 2020, 04:59 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 22 2020, 04:34 PM)
no wo..too many variant i see till pening...there was a season back in school use to eat magee so much then when u read too many articles on how unhealthy it is...
i sort of cut them off for awhile..back then eat cause too pokai now always craving cause its yummeh !!!!
i remember cny was it last year was alone famil not around of all food i decided to self reward was a mamak bowl of magee mee curry...oh dayums so shioks ....
That's part of the reasons i created this topic, to cut down a bit of guiltiness and make it healthier. Although we can't avoid msg and salt in those seasonings and pastes. Unless you are a big fan of eating healthy pasta everyday.

I've had maggi, koka, mamee, sakura prawn noodles bla bla bla all these instant fried noodles + seasonings heavily loaded with msg will only make myself thirsty. But once i switched to non-fried noodles and using my own pastes the urge to drink water is less. Good news is samyang buldak sauce also less likely to make me feel thirsty, but the spiciness is insane.

I don't buy instant noodles in Taiwanese store, like u said, too fancy to choose from. And the flavors aren't attractive either. But i do buy Taiwanese mochi and flavored vegetarian meat sold in small packet, Taiwanese braised eggs to eat with noodles also a good idea.

Yeah the craving for mee or maggi goreng do happens sometimes, as well as roti canai and my favorite cheese naan. It's great to share these guilty stuffs with friends together haha.
kimboy
post Jun 26 2020, 05:23 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 26 2020, 04:59 AM)
That's part of the reasons i created this topic, to cut down a bit of guiltiness and make it healthier. Although we can't avoid msg and salt in those seasonings and pastes. Unless you are a big fan of eating healthy pasta everyday.

I've had maggi, koka, mamee, sakura prawn noodles bla bla bla all these instant fried noodles + seasonings heavily loaded with msg will only make myself thirsty. But once i switched to non-fried noodles and using my own pastes the urge to drink water is less. Good news is samyang buldak sauce also less likely to make me feel thirsty, but the spiciness is insane.

I don't buy instant noodles in Taiwanese store, like u said, too fancy to choose from. And the flavors aren't attractive either. But i do buy Taiwanese mochi and flavored vegetarian meat sold in small packet, Taiwanese braised eggs to eat with noodles also a good idea.

Yeah the craving for mee or maggi goreng do happens sometimes, as well as roti canai and my favorite cheese naan. It's great to share these guilty stuffs with friends together haha.
yup...since whole mco nvr went out..when finally went out after 80 ++ days went eat korean bbq n then went n whack magee mee goreng...
but lately craving to have beef....but home cant eat..n since mco been having weird eating habits...been eating alot of kokocrunch
TSbabybobby
post Jul 28 2020, 02:58 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 26 2020, 05:23 PM)
yup...since whole mco nvr went out..when finally went out after 80 ++ days went eat korean bbq n then went n whack magee mee goreng...
but lately craving to have beef....but home cant eat..n since mco been having weird eating habits...been eating alot of kokocrunch
Haha now mcd got spicy beef korean burger, it's totally fine to binge. That's what life is about isn't it, either live to eat or eat to live.
TSbabybobby
post Jul 28 2020, 03:45 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

user posted image

Wanna give a shoutout to this Mizkan sesame sauce with roasted nuts that i recently bought. I know how sesame dressing tastes like because had it at Japanese restaurant but i was just curious how it would taste like if i mixed it in my usual non-fried noodles so i gave it a shot.

This Mizkan green label however, is different from its red label cousin and other brands sesame sauce such as Kewpie or Hellmann's. Mizkan uses golden sesame variety so it is more flavorful than its black and white counterparts. Also, this green label has salted egg yolk and roasted almonds. So you can imagine sort of a nutty and "salted egg butter chicken" in this sesame sauce but with more complex flavors going on.

user posted image

But that's not just it, i topped the noodles with some Japanese chili flakes aka shichimi togarashi. The sweet and mild spiciness as well as aroma of dried orange peel mingled so well with the creamy sesame sauce. I don't know how to describe how delicious it was, it's simply one of a kind and out of this world. I can literally forget about all the sauces that i have in my home and give this new Mizkan sesame sauce a big welcome hug! Highly recommended, just mix or top it with any noodles or pasta, meat or salad. If possible get the Japanese chili flakes as well.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM