Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nothing more easier than Adabi + Cintan

views

kimboy
post Jun 1 2020, 05:57 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ May 30 2020, 03:41 AM)
Exactly, not that i don't want to help those abang riders but if i can takeaway myself while doing groceries or cook at home why not. I only order grabfood when i have the 50% discount voucher (max rm20).
foodpanda also has good deals...some free delivery and i think last month or so they have up to 45% discount ( based on timing ) i orered durian n was cheaper by like 40%? not bad
TSbabybobby
post Jun 2 2020, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 1 2020, 05:57 PM)
foodpanda also has good deals...some free delivery and i think last month or so they have up to 45% discount ( based on timing ) i orered durian n was cheaper by like 40%? not bad
Is it only valid for selected promotion? Mine is using 50% discount offered by hotlink for new grabfood user valid for any meal order but only can use twice. This deal is worth only if i order a lot for few persons because min order is rm25 and max discount capped at rm20.

Hotlink also has buy 1 free 1 deals for Epic food hall on all ala carte meals but free delivery is quite limited. But if you stay nearby can use this buy 1 free 1 voucher and pickup yourself.

kimboy
post Jun 2 2020, 05:14 PM

13 posts

mmm depending on the promo they having on food panda i suppose....changes from time to time..current one is 51% but not sure the T&C to it ..this round haven tried yet the promocode
soulhunter87
post Jun 2 2020, 05:21 PM

Casual
449 posts

nice idea! would love to try this
TSbabybobby
post Jun 3 2020, 05:21 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 2 2020, 05:14 PM)
mmm depending on the promo they having on food panda i suppose....changes from time to time..current one is 51% but not sure the T&C to it ..this round haven tried yet the promocode
If it's on a limited promotion then the choices aren't many, pretty same like grabfood also sometimes got 50% discount on certain restaurants only. Eg Domino's even they offer 50% discount but if you notice actually it's not much different from their usual "2 regular pizzas for rm30" coupon. Well i guess it's better than nothing at all.

I really like to use the hotlink 50% discount on any meal and anytime but i have to order a lot, and i think the voucher is gonna expire soon or maybe already expired since end of last month. I only got the chance to use once when i ordered mcd for me and my friends. Pretty worth it.

TSbabybobby
post Jun 3 2020, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(soulhunter87 @ Jun 2 2020, 05:21 PM)
nice idea! would love to try this
I bet it must taste good if you add a dash of tabasco sauce hihi

Blunt
post Jun 3 2020, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Uggghhh malaysian manufacturers reliance on msg is disgusting.
TSbabybobby
post Jun 3 2020, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Blunt @ Jun 3 2020, 05:27 PM)
Uggghhh malaysian manufacturers reliance on msg is disgusting.
Did you mean the "flavor enhancer"? Well i guess it's not truly malaysian if there's no msg in our food. Which is kinda sad. Avoiding fast food but opt for "healthier" food at typical restaurants? Think again. Considering the soy sauce we use everyday, maggi and even pastes like these all loaded with flavor enhancers or msg in disguise. The much sought after "umami taste", as how manufacturers described their msg.

This post has been edited by babybobby: Jun 3 2020, 06:11 PM
kimboy
post Jun 4 2020, 06:27 PM

13 posts

...........msg unhealthy...sugar also damaging le......oh well now times are bad..before msg cause any damage the more visible damage now pocket..hahah
but its a good n valid point...healthy food not cheap also..look at organic fruits n vege...organic n healthy = comes with a heavy price tag
TSbabybobby
post Jun 5 2020, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 4 2020, 06:27 PM)
...........msg unhealthy...sugar also damaging le......oh well now times are bad..before msg cause any damage the more visible damage now pocket..hahah
but its a good n valid point...healthy food not cheap also..look at organic fruits n vege...organic n healthy = comes with a heavy price tag
Now even worse with mamak also using msg, are they embracing the idea of umami as well? I thought mamak foods have their roots in Indian spices which are already very flavorful, but the use of msg really destroyed one's appetite. A visit to mamak like this will surely make you grab for more water afterwards.

I always assumed that organic and vegan foods are rich man's diet. Just look at those plant based milk and see how much they cost. And yes organic food isn't mass produced for commercial high demand, that's why you get one head of garlic priced at rm5 or a sliced organic pumpkin rm7.

Dwango
post Jun 8 2020, 11:09 AM

Casual
477 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 5 2020, 05:30 PM)
Now even worse with mamak also using msg, are they embracing the idea of umami as well? I thought mamak foods have their roots in Indian spices which are already very flavorful, but the use of msg really destroyed one's appetite. A visit to mamak like this will surely make you grab for more water afterwards.

I always assumed that organic and vegan foods are rich man's diet. Just look at those plant based milk and see how much they cost. And yes organic food isn't mass produced for commercial high demand, that's why you get one head of garlic priced at rm5 or a sliced organic pumpkin rm7.
Last year I had Maggi mee goreng at a mamak store at the road side. When halfway eating, I spotted a dead fly on the plate with the noodles. The size of the dead fly is quite big as well. I won't be visiting mamak stalls for a long time after that episode. Having said that I rarely have meals at mamak stalls. It just happened that day I was hungry and there was no other restaurant available when I serviced my car other that that mamak store which is just beside the car service centre.

TSbabybobby
post Jun 8 2020, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Jun 8 2020, 11:09 AM)
Last year I had Maggi mee goreng at a mamak store at the road side. When halfway eating, I spotted a dead fly on the plate with the noodles. The size of the dead fly is quite big as well. I won't be visiting mamak stalls for a long time after that episode. Having said that I rarely have meals at mamak stalls. It just happened that day I was hungry and there was no other restaurant available when I serviced my car other that that mamak store which is just beside the car service centre.
Mamak restaurants are nightmares. I seldom go there for their mamak food but instead i prefer the tandoori and naan made by a Pakistani guy. If i really want "mamak food" i would go authentic Indian restaurant which has so much more to offer, surprisingly affordable and tastier, like the Letchumitrah curry house usj known for its nasi lemak.

kimboy
post Jun 10 2020, 05:48 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 5 2020, 05:30 PM)

what kinda power pumpkin one slice 7 bucks....siao ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kimboy
post Jun 10 2020, 05:50 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Jun 8 2020, 11:09 AM)
but we are malaysians..i miss magee mee goreng so much cry.gif

there was this time i was in viet for like a month was craving for it so badly came back bestie was like jom i bawa u makan..
we ended up at chili's mega_shok.gif
his respond was like walao bro so long nvr see tak kan go mamak..
i nearly cried at the table...

TSbabybobby
post Jun 11 2020, 03:10 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 10 2020, 05:50 PM)
but we are malaysians..i miss magee mee goreng so much  cry.gif

there was this time i was in viet for like a month was craving for it so badly came back bestie was like jom i bawa u makan..
we ended up at chili's  mega_shok.gif
his respond was like walao bro so long nvr see tak kan go mamak..
i nearly cried at the table...
That's really touching, but isn't there any malaysian restaurant in HCM city? I thought near Ben thanh market got alot? Or do they charge ridiculous price for one plate mee/maggi goreng?

kimboy
post Jun 11 2020, 06:03 PM

13 posts

mmm not that i know of. ..but usually there in the day only ....there is this shop hidden in the alley with super damn yummy food...the baby clams n the small like chili saucer plate kuih...oh dayumsss...but no wo i didnt see any mamak around...but that was like 12 or 13 years ago le.....
are there mamak there? lai lai share next time can go...
https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_R...=7&ff=138700857

TSbabybobby
post Jun 12 2020, 03:44 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 11 2020, 06:03 PM)
mmm not that i know of. ..but usually there in the day only ....there is this shop hidden in the alley with super damn yummy food...the baby clams n the small like chili saucer plate kuih...oh dayumsss...but no wo i didnt see any mamak around...but that was like 12 or 13 years ago le.....
are there mamak there? lai lai share next time can go...
https://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Restaurant_R...=7&ff=138700857
Wow i had not tried that clams in vietnam but managed to tried their signature pho and banh mi the subway bread. Unless one is really homesick and craving for malaysian food otherwise i wouldn't spend rm20 for a plate of nasi goreng or kangkung belacan there. But i must say their lemongrass chicken was very nice.

You may not directly find a mamak in HCM city but typical malaysian restaurants offer mee goreng alongside with other ala carte items on menu. However you may come across Indian restaurant in the vicinity of HCM central mosque.

kimboy
post Jun 12 2020, 04:53 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 12 2020, 03:44 AM)
Wow i had not tried that clams in vietnam but managed to tried their signature pho and banh mi the subway bread. Unless one is really homesick and craving for malaysian food otherwise i wouldn't spend rm20 for a plate of nasi goreng or kangkung belacan there. But i must say their lemongrass chicken was very nice.

You may not directly find a mamak in HCM city but typical malaysian restaurants offer mee goreng alongside with other ala carte items on menu. However you may come across Indian restaurant in the vicinity of HCM central mosque.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm trying to flash back macam dont have..most likely wasnt takng notice gua...i remember seeing alot of lady in tudung so halal food should be available n probably malaysian food....but i dont like the normal yellow noodles..even here in malaysia i dont like it...the mee goreng & like soupy noodle...usually i have mihun only..
ywllow noodle...smelly hmm.gif
TSbabybobby
post Jun 13 2020, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ Jun 12 2020, 04:53 PM)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm trying to flash back macam dont have..most likely wasnt takng notice gua...i remember seeing alot of lady in tudung so halal food should be available n probably malaysian food....but i dont like the normal yellow noodles..even here in malaysia i dont like it...the mee goreng & like soupy noodle...usually i have mihun only..
ywllow noodle...smelly  hmm.gif
Speaking of yellow noodles it's the boric acid responsible for its taste. When these noodles mixed with turmeric powder they turn blood-red immediately. That's why you see some mamak mee goreng is reddish rather than yellowish and if that happens, then you know something's not right. I would avoid that at best and opt for curry noodles that utilize other type of noodles such as vit's noodles, spaghetti or ramen.

Well if you have chance you should go visit vietnam again. I bet a lot of things have changed since your last visit. Go to the skydeck of their bitexco tower (the menara TM look alike building) and have a panoramic view of the entire HCM city. Of course after the virus thingy goes away.
kimboy
post Jun 15 2020, 05:20 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Jun 13 2020, 12:37 AM)
Speaking of yellow noodles it's the boric acid responsible for its taste. When these noodles mixed with turmeric powder they turn blood-red immediately. That's why you see some mamak mee goreng is reddish rather than yellowish and if that happens, then you know something's not right. I would avoid that at best and opt for curry noodles that utilize other type of noodles such as vit's noodles, spaghetti or ramen.

Well if you have chance you should go visit vietnam again. I bet a lot of things have changed since your last visit. Go to the skydeck of their bitexco tower (the menara TM look alike building) and have a panoramic view of the entire HCM city. Of course after the virus thingy goes away.
whats vit's noodles...

>.< yea gonna b darn while before we can fly anywhere..but in viet now they quite steady everything seems fine..
just not worth the pain...come back quarantine 2 weeks stay hotel out of own pocket..sakit

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.90    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th July 2020 - 01:16 PM