Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nothing more easier than Adabi + Cintan

views

TSbabybobby
post May 5 2020, 02:11 AM, updated 3d ago

Getting Started
90 posts

No-fry no-oil quick and easy instant noodle

The motive behind creating this recipe is of course for the ease of convenience just as quick as you would be cooking instant noodle but much healthier, cheaper, and you have endless choice of flavors. Minimal cooking process is needed, if possible. Here are what you'll need:

1) Cintan non-fried broad noodle, 2 noodle cakes about 110g

user posted image

2) 1 packet of Adabi perencah mee goreng 60g

user posted image

3) enough water for boiling noodles

That's it. Follow the package instruction and boil the noodles for 3 minutes. Discard the water but keep a few spoonfuls for easier mixing. Then, add in the Adabi paste, mix well and serve. Yes, you read it right, just mix it in without having to fry or saute the paste. The paste is already cooked.

You can definitely be creative to garnish the noodles as you like with fried shallots, scallions, cilantro, sunny-side up, meat floss, tuna, cheese or even Furikake (Japanese rice topping). Or better yet, you can also add fishcake, sausage, meatballs, veggies while boiling the noodles.

This recipe is good for 2 servings but if you are super hungry you can also finish all the noodles like i did. It's not really that much, if you can finish up 2 packets of samyang hot chicken noodles in one sitting then it should be no problem. Flavor-wise, as i'm a big fan of samyang hot noodles i find this easy recipe not only a lifesaver but also the taste is a real deal. Yes it obviously tastes like mee goreng but not the same as mamak style mee goreng with a hint of curry, nor the one sold at roadside overly seasoned with sweet soysauce and oil. The noodle taste and texture remind me of chili pan mee more if you asked me, it has a well balanced mild spiciness of sambal and sweetness from soysauce. If you have tried Adabi paste with yellow noodles before then you may like this non-fried noodles version.

Fancy trying out with other easily prepared mixing sauce, why not? I'm also considering Adabi mee bandung paste, beef soup paste, masak merah paste, green curry, red curry, tomyum, carbonara, korean hot sauce with parmesan cheese, kunyit curry paste by One fine shop, Maggi's black pepper mix, fajita with tomato paste, Colman's beef stroganoff and so much more. If memory serves me right i think Adabi has instant noodles range with flavors of bihun goreng, mee goreng, mee bandung etc. Not sure if the paste used in this recipe essentially the same with the instant noodle seasoning paste but i'll just stick to this non-fried noodles anyway.

Last but not least, did i mention this recipe costs less than rm3 to fill your tummy? This recipe is definitely a keeper. Good luck!

user posted image

👆Look at that goodness of Adabi generously coating the boiled noodles and fishballs.

user posted image

👆Another flavor that i've tried was Adabi mee bandung paste. It contains dried shrimps so i expected it to taste something like if not similar to the penang prawn mee. It turned out that i was almost right, it's brimming with prawn flavor except that this one has a thicker consistency but surely, it's mee bandung afterall. I whipped out a can of good ol' spicy tuna and called it a day. Will i make this again? Of course, without a second thought.

To prepare this, boil 2 noodle cakes in 1000ml of hot water. When the noodles are 70% done, discard the water but leave about half behind. Put it back on the fire and add 2 packets of Adabi mee bandung paste 40g and stir well. When the noodles are soft or the soup starts to thicken it is ready to serve.

user posted image

👆Today i used the Adabi beef soup paste. It was aromatic and peppery just like the one commonly served in Malay restaurants except that no beef and veggies were used in my first trial. If you have beef slices or meatballs, onion, carrot and celery handy, please do not hesitate to dump all those in, at least that's what the paste was intended for. These veggies combo or so called the mirepoix really packs a punch to the flavor and bumps up your soup by a few extra notches.

Start off by boiling 2 noodle cakes in 1000ml of hot water, though i would suggest using lesser water like 800-900ml for a denser soup. Empty the content of one packet of Adabi beef soup paste 40g and cook until the noodles are soft. If you plan to add extra ingredients mentioned earlier, you may do so before adding the noodles and paste, as the meat and veggies take longer time to cook.

This post has been edited by babybobby: May 16 2020, 02:55 AM
nyemah_mulya
post May 8 2020, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

The paste is for 6 servings, but the noodle is single serving?

Thank you TS for this idea, it is convenient if you're hungry and don't want to eat outside.
TSbabybobby
post May 8 2020, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(nyemah_mulya @ May 8 2020, 12:23 PM)
The paste is for 6 servings, but the noodle is single serving?

Thank you TS for this idea, it is convenient if you're hungry and don't want to eat outside.
Sorry i think i embedded the picture of 120g packing for 6 servings. Now that i've changed it. Thanks for pointing out.

You can always start with one packet 60g but if flavor not strong can add another one, depends on how much noodles and ingredients you used, my recipe suggests 3 noodle cakes but if you think you can't finish all by yourself then can use 2 noodle cakes 110g which weighs a little more than a packet of samyang noodle.

Non-fried noodles taste more like pan mee rather than its fried counterpart so imo i think it blends well with many types of ready-cooked paste, sauce or seasoning mix. Some require you to just add water like Maggi's black pepper mix while some just need milk, such as green curry and yellow curry. In that case you may need to prepare the sauce in another cooking pot then pour over boiled noodles. My idea is to skip the saute step because no raw ingredients are used.
CyFrozenFoods
post May 9 2020, 11:21 AM

31 posts

hi...will get one and try...however does it have spicy fried noodle paste?
TSbabybobby
post May 9 2020, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(CyFrozenFoods @ May 9 2020, 11:21 AM)
hi...will get one and try...however does it have spicy fried noodle paste?
Hi, i don't think they have it but the usual adabi fried noodle paste that i used has a mild spiciness. It tends to taste more like sweet sambal, and a hint of lemongrass though i can't find it on the ingredients label. I read that people say the Adabi sos korea is very spicy but not sure it will taste good if mixed with noodles, because the sauce is meant for coating korean fried chicken. If it tastes somewhere near to the famous samyang hot sauce, then it's worth a try. Or maybe a drizzle over the noodles?

This post has been edited by babybobby: May 9 2020, 06:05 PM
dickybird
post May 10 2020, 09:24 PM

Regular
1,475 posts

Great idea! Thanks!
TSbabybobby
post May 11 2020, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ May 10 2020, 09:24 PM)
Great idea! Thanks!
No problem! Thanks for dropping by too. Feel free to use any other flavor you like or maybe give us a review.
kimboy P
post May 22 2020, 05:10 PM

Probation
3 posts

this is cool can ber budget ish..one week mmmm if twice also save quite a bit d..i like mee suah..can masak masak same waY?

TSbabybobby
post May 23 2020, 02:32 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(kimboy @ May 22 2020, 05:10 PM)
this is cool can ber budget ish..one week mmmm if twice also save quite a bit d..i like mee suah..can masak masak same waY?
Indeed, very economic and tasty too. Testified by my own "finished up all without wastage" experience. I still have yet to try on many other flavors and pastes, Maggi's black pepper mix would be my next taste-test.

Regarding on the matter, i think mee suah would be better suited for soupy paste as mee suah will thicken the soup. But if you prefer the mouthfeel of mee suah maybe can opt for the thin non-fried noodles, instead of the broad type.

Here are a few ideas to try out using mee suah, with the "just add water and boil" method to be kept in mind; adabi beef soup paste, tomyum paste (if you don't want to buy a bottle can use the adabi tomyum paste), Haidilao tomato hotpot sauce, herbal soup mix (may take longer time to simmer), Lao gan ma spicy sauce, dashi bonito powder + miso paste. As long as the paste yields a clear soup, it is good to go with mee suah.
Dwango
post May 24 2020, 10:23 PM

Casual
477 posts

I prefer using the seasoning packets in Sedap Ayam Bawang Goreng flavour to fry the noodles. Mee Goreng Sedap instead of Mee Goreng Maggi. However one packet of the seasoning is too salty for one packet of noodles so I usually put in additional half or one dry noodle. In other words, 2 packets of noodles are used with 1 packet of seasoning.

I find the Sedaap Ayam Bawang Goreng flavour to taste great when used to fry the noodles. I've tried other flavours such as Maggi Ayam but it didn't taste as good.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th May 2020 - 01:34 AM