Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Incorrect sale info on graphic card from tsg_7, Refuses to refund.

RangerRed
post May 4 2020, 08:47 PM, updated 4y ago

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

Forumer you are complaining against: tsg_7

Item being sold/bought: Asus RX 560 4GB

Original thread link: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...&t=4728072&st=0

Date of transaction: 21 April

Details of the complaint :

Price: RM150 (!!!NOTICE!!!: This GPU has malfunction on display. so is working but no display. it is repairable.)

In actuality card cannot post at all therefore not in working condition. Working condition for this situation is: No display but motherboards posts and windows boots.

Refuses to refund and puts the blame on everyone else.

The card plugged in.

Testing for dead caps and resistors.

He asking the 'his' tech guy.

Attached Image

The card:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The conversation:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

His tech expert opinion:

Attached Image

For reference my tech level:

This post has been edited by RangerRed: May 8 2020, 04:10 PM
tsg_7
post May 4 2020, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,223 posts

Thank you for posting here. I'm here to make myself cleared and will not further reply and entertain on this issue anymore.
Let the reader be the judge.
I just repeat what I have been said in Whatsapp's conversation with you.

First of all, I told you I did not know any better what's wrong with this GPU. It has no display after I used it for a period of time.

I had mentioned:

Price: RM150 (!!!NOTICE!!!: This GPU has malfunction on display. so is working but no display. it is repairable.)

in Sales Thread Here

I said it is working because I saw the light and fan is working but no display. How the hell I know what's wrong with the GPU?
I also mentioned to you that I dismantle the whole desktop and sell it because I no longer use it.

So I did take a short video and show it to one of our LYN expert member in repairing MOBO / GPU, his I.D. is "Armand" via Whatsapp.
He told me it is repairable and it cost RM1xx. As you posted the conversation here

Since I no longer use desktop, why I bother go for repair or diagnose (I think it may cost me some money as labour charge after diagnose).
So why bother to spend money on thing you no longer use?

Hence, of course I put it up for sale. And you come.

Once you got the parcel and you did notice it has no display. Obviously as I stated is my Sales Thread.
And you, "brilliantly" make your own decision to dissect the GPU and do the whatever testing on the GPU.
Then, you seek your "expert" friend for advice and compare with "Armand"'s advice.

Now, "Armand" did mentioned the cost of repair to you. And you refuse to repair because of the cost.
You feel it is not worth it and you mentioned "Let me ask this, I can get GTX 970s for RM300 gaming units. Why would I pay a total (if it is repairable) for a RX 560?".
This has nothing to do with me and I'm not responsible for your worthy feeling.

As I said to you, you bought this unit with the expectation of RM1 value with the price of RM0.50.
You took the chance and hope you able to repair the unit (probably by your own) and hence, you feel you able to get one piece of GPU with a very cheap price.
When reality strikes you, now you putting blame on me on not to refund.

After self dissect the item and ask for RM100 refund? What a joke.
Who the hell will refund to someone who already dissect the whole thing as if it is for the buyer's test subject?

You should get the expert for clarification and not by your own action.
At least, you can come to me first over this thing since I said is repairable as advice by "Armand".

At the end, I did offer you the last solution is that you send back the item to me and I will pass this item to "Armand" for further diagnose.
I'm willing to waste my time and petrol to sort this out.
As mentioned, the diagnose fee will be on your own cost (if applicable).

P/S:
If I had know what's the whole problem, I will definitely mentioned in the thread. If it is not repairable, there is no point for me to lie and sell it here. By selling a piece of RM150 GPU will not make me a millionaire and it is not worth the value as it taunt my image. I'm not making my living by trading items here and I'm just sell off whatever item no longer use for me.

You may or may not want to reply this message but as I mentioned earlier, I will not reply and entertain anymore on this since you had make it this far.
RangerRed
post May 5 2020, 01:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

It is your responsibility as the seller to be at least 70% accurate in your thread. And you refused to accept that the graphic card is faulty. Expert? Sure, the motherboard bios is the expert when it beeps the error message dead GPU. As for other forumers not be offensive to them but they have any documents of certification on GPU diagnostic? I mean it has to be at the same level as the american who talks how the vcore is so poorly designed in the video for the rx 4xx and rx 5xx.

But matter remains, you offered an item for sale that did not match the description you posted. You refuse to refund. Use blaming and delaying tactics then try travel the moral high ground of "I was gonna refund you but you removed the heatsink so you broke the card thus I can only offer you 100" which was I ask you refund at the very beginning letting you keep the card and RM50 for your troubles. Instead you insisted no, no man I refund you if you send back the card and my guy looks at it and if he thinks he can fix it no refund. If you dont want to pay for that then that's my problem. Working condition as even agreed by him means working condition. It mean the car can start and go whether the tires are flat, the lights are broken and windows are shattered. The car can go. You card cant.

You cant man up and even refund rm100. RM150 not make you a millionaire? Sounds like you cant even rub two 50 cents together since you try so hard to dodge your responsibility as a seller to accurately state the condition your item here in LYN. Even if you accidentally hit another car with your car you are still responsible even if you dont know he was there.
RangerRed
post May 5 2020, 02:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

In the chat with your tech you already indicate the beeping sound and said "So the gpu faulty?" So you knew it was faulty and still posted in the thread as working. Speaking which you had several similar dead graphic cards as well as a few dead motherboards as mentioned in your whatsapp chat. Makes me wonder what game you playing at as the innocent person just getting of his 'unused' desktop pc.
Nikov
post May 6 2020, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

To buyer: This sentence is so confusing and I would seek clarification on this before proceeding further. It is contradicting itself.

To seller: You cant assume the GPU is working when u notice the fan is turning and theres light on without checking its display. It’s like buying a car and turn on the engine without test driving it.

I cant play the video dont know why, it says an error has occurred. Please try again later.
RangerRed
post May 7 2020, 03:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(Nikov @ May 6 2020, 03:19 PM)
To buyer: This sentence is so confusing and I would seek clarification on this before proceeding further. It is contradicting itself.

To seller: You cant assume the GPU is working when u notice the fan is turning and theres light on without checking its display. It’s like buying a car and turn on the engine without test driving it.

I cant play the video dont know why, it says an error has occurred. Please try again later.
Which ever example we use the fact remains that he asked his tech guy 1 year ago about the card and the tech guy replied faulty (green screenshot which he should me). If the first words are faulty but can be fixed then the item is not in working state.

Which video?
RangerRed
post May 7 2020, 03:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(Nikov @ May 6 2020, 03:19 PM)

Fixed the videos, used the wrong format for link address.
pipedream
post May 7 2020, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

Sorry after reading everything I would take tsg_7 side. You are buying a faulty item (and described as such) and as such a gamble on whether you could fix it or not. IF tsg_7 did not mentioned it was faulty in the first place and priced it according to a working gpu then yes he is scamming.

Furthermore I agree that when you decided to disassemble the graphic card (competent or not) then its entirely your own risk already. There is no hardware manufacturer that will accept a return after manual disassembly.

That said, shame on you tsg_7 if you already knew it was faulty in the first place. But in the interest of seller rights, I am taking his side.
RangerRed
post May 8 2020, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ May 7 2020, 09:46 PM)
Sorry after reading everything I would take tsg_7 side. You are buying a faulty item (and described as such) and as such a gamble on whether you could fix it or not. IF tsg_7 did not mentioned it was faulty in the first place and priced it according to a working gpu then yes he is scamming.

Furthermore I agree that when you decided to disassemble the graphic card (competent or not) then its entirely your own risk already. There is no hardware manufacturer that will accept a return after manual disassembly. 

That said, shame on you tsg_7 if you already knew it was faulty in the first place. But in the interest of seller rights, I am taking his side.

Where does the item state is it faulty? It says malfunction on display. So is WORKING but NO DISPLAY. it is REPAIRABLE.) That means display ports are not working but the card will boot to windows.

Secondly, he didnt want to give me even the 66.666% refund i ask only until i said it going to dispute then he 'well i was going to give you your 66.666%'.

Thirdly, the card was deemed faulty 1 year ago by his tech. So even by some amazing miracle I cant unscrew a heatsink from a graphic card which then you know, I better not even change the heatsink on a cpu cause fuck mean that will break too, the card was already faulty. I cant make it more faulty. The suggestion that a reball can save it when the caps are not holding a charge and the resistors are allowing current to freely pass through each end of them.
RangerRed
post May 8 2020, 11:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

The issue is not the sale but the intent of the sales pitch used.

He contacted his tech, says it is faulty, say it will cost 1xx along with the 3 other dead gpus to repair.

At this point he know the card is not functioning at all but he worded his sale pitch in such a way that it is deceiving.

Is there deception? Well in his reply here and in the whatsapp he will only refund me if his tech says it cant be repaired. His tech will only use reballing method to attempt to repair the card (yes, I was talking to him too this whole time but he cant guarantee success). On his terms I send back the card, the tech will attempt to reball and if that does not work he will refund me the full amount. If the reball failed the tech will still need to be paid his RM150 (his quote to me) if it does or does not work. You think he is gonna pay for that failed reball and still refund me?

Then he tries to emotional blackmail me and the audience with "I'm willing to waste my time and petrol to sort this out."

I did not ask him to do anything of the above. I simply state, I found the card to be faulty contrary to your sale pitch (description) by motherboard error beep of faulty graphic card and testing the caps and resistors. Further referring to my own tech which does do surface mount soldering repairs on various electronics. And all i wanted is RM100 refunded and I will send your card back. The RM60 (RM10 for postage) you can keep for time and costs.
pipedream
post May 8 2020, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(RangerRed @ May 8 2020, 11:54 AM)

Where does the item state is it faulty? It says malfunction on display. So is WORKING but NO DISPLAY. it is REPAIRABLE.) That means display ports are not working but the card will boot to windows.

Secondly, he didnt want to give me even the 66.666% refund i ask only until i said it going to dispute then he 'well i was going to give you your 66.666%'.

Thirdly, the card was deemed faulty 1 year ago by his tech. So even by some amazing miracle I cant unscrew a heatsink from a graphic card which then you know, I better not even change the heatsink on a cpu cause fuck mean that will break too, the card was already faulty. I cant make it more faulty. The suggestion that a reball can save it when the caps are not holding a charge and the resistors are allowing current to freely pass through each end of them.
Dude, that is already a big warning sign the item is faulty in some ways and the description is apt for someone with no tech knowledge.

Any potential buyer should be probing tsg prior to the sale for more information and whether a test is possible before finalizing the deal. There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one.

You are a tech repair person, so you should know better in weighing the benefits vs risk in buying a faulty item, in your case, you took a gamble, and lost.

So in my opinion, tsg is dishonest but not wrong.

And again, I reiterate what I said earlier - There is no hardware manufacturer that will accept a return after manual disassembly. Unless both of you came to an agreement prior to that, you already lost your case when you decided to fix it by yourself. I am sure that is included your warranty clause too since you are doing tech repair services.

Personally I would just accept loss, because your case is really really flimsy even if you take it to tribunal court or whatever.

I am not on tsg side, I am fighting for seller's right, just don't want this case to set a precedence in the future. No hard feelings and prejudice.
RangerRed
post May 8 2020, 01:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ May 8 2020, 12:24 PM)
Dude, that is already a big warning sign the item is faulty in some ways and the description is apt for someone with no tech knowledge.

Any potential buyer should be probing tsg prior to the sale for more information and whether a test is possible before finalizing the deal.  There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one.

You are a tech repair person, so you should know better in weighing the benefits vs risk in buying a faulty item, in your case, you took a gamble, and lost.

So in my opinion, tsg is dishonest but not wrong.

And again, I reiterate what I said earlier - There is no hardware manufacturer that will accept a return after manual disassembly. Unless both of you came to an agreement prior to that, you already lost your case when you decided to fix it by yourself. I am sure that is included your warranty clause too since you are doing tech repair services.

Personally I would just accept loss, because your case is really really flimsy even if you take it to tribunal court or whatever.

I am not on tsg side, I am fighting for seller's right, just don't want this case to set a precedence in the future. No hard feelings and prejudice.
Any potential buyer should be probing tsg prior to the sale for more information and whether a test is possible before finalizing the deal. There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one. - My fault is that I left too much in good faith he 'knew' what he was talking about 'honestly' in his description.

There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one. You are a tech repair person, so you should know better in weighing the benefits vs risk in buying a faulty item, in your case, you took a gamble, and lost. - Dont patronize me.

So in my opinion, tsg is dishonest but not wrong. - Contradiction.

Personally I would just accept loss, because your case is really really flimsy even if you take it to tribunal court or whatever. - I already accepted the loss. The win is here. And again dont patronize me.
pipedream
post May 8 2020, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(RangerRed @ May 8 2020, 02:37 PM)
Any potential buyer should be probing tsg prior to the sale for more information and whether a test is possible before finalizing the deal.  There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one. - My fault is that I left too much in good faith he 'knew' what he was talking about 'honestly' in his description.

There is always a risk in buying used items, whats more a known faulty one. You are a tech repair person, so you should know better in weighing the benefits vs risk in buying a faulty item, in your case, you took a gamble, and lost. - Dont patronize me.

So in my opinion, tsg is dishonest but not wrong. - Contradiction.

Personally I would just accept loss, because your case is really really flimsy even if you take it to tribunal court or whatever.  - I already accepted the loss. The win is here. And again dont patronize me.
Rofl you are unbelievable. If you think that is considered patronizing why even bother opening a thread in a forum of public opinion?

Or you just want only supporters and not critics?

Lmao, I wish you luck then in getting back the money. But I do hope you won't abuse your mod privilege in getting a dispute tag to tsg when both of you is at fault here.

RangerRed
post May 8 2020, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ May 8 2020, 01:50 PM)
Rofl you are unbelievable. If you think that is considered patronizing why even bother opening a thread in a forum of public opinion?

Or you just want only supporters and not critics?

Lmao, I wish you luck then in getting back the money. But I do hope you won't abuse your mod privilege in getting a dispute tag to tsg when both of you is at fault here.
Dont need a people who make contradictions and then tell us if do this and this you are abusing your power so I am right all along nonsense.
pipedream
post May 8 2020, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(RangerRed @ May 8 2020, 03:36 PM)
Dont need a people who make contradictions and then tell us if do this and this you are abusing your power so I am right all along nonsense.
You have problem in comprehension?

I said I hope you won't abuse your power.

And since when I contradicted myself?

Both of you is at fault here:

You - being a greedy idiot who tried to make bank on a cheap faulty item thinking it can be fixed without proper research which you know can be avoided in the first place had you take proper precautions. And yes I am now patronizing you.
Him - being a dishonest seller

You lost your case when you decided to open that gpu up yourself. Period.

Man up and stop crying like a little baby when shit don't go your way. You can take this to the tribunal and see how they laugh your ass out of the court.

RangerRed
post May 8 2020, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

You have problem in comprehension?

I said I hope you won't abuse your power. - Is a backhanded accusation. Dont think you are so clever.

And since when I contradicted myself? - A few posts above. "You have problem in comprehension?"

You - being a greedy idiot who tried to make bank on a cheap faulty item thinking it can be fixed without proper research which you know can be avoided in the first place had you take proper precautions. And yes I am now patronizing you. - Proper research without research material? Hmmm you Einstein-ian.
Him - being a dishonest seller - The only correct statement you made.

You lost your case when you decided to open that gpu up yourself. Period. - Taking off the heatsink, holy shit I did brain surgery on the gpu someone call the police!!!!!!

Man up and stop crying like a little baby when shit don't go your way. You can take this to the tribunal and see how they laugh your ass out of the court. - And you fail to understand how LYN and Dispute Resolution Corner works. I'll give you a hint: it's to show the true nature of the forumers involved, buyers and sellers and on occasion passersby commentators.

This post has been edited by RangerRed: May 8 2020, 04:04 PM
pipedream
post May 8 2020, 05:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

QUOTE(RangerRed @ May 8 2020, 04:49 PM)
I said I hope you won't abuse your power. - Is a backhanded accusation. Dont think you are so clever.

And since when I contradicted myself? - A few posts above. "You have problem in comprehension?"

You - being a greedy idiot who tried to make bank on a cheap faulty item thinking it can be fixed without proper research which you know can be avoided in the first place had you take proper precautions. And yes I am now patronizing you. - Proper research without research material? Hmmm you Einstein-ian.
Him - being a dishonest seller - The only correct statement you made.

You lost your case when you decided to open that gpu up yourself. Period. - Taking off the heatsink, holy shit I did brain surgery on the gpu someone call the police!!!!!!

Man up and stop crying like a little baby when shit don't go your way. You can take this to the tribunal and see how they laugh your ass out of the court. - And you fail to understand how LYN and Dispute Resolution Corner works. I'll give you a hint: it's to show the true nature of the forumers involved, buyers and sellers and on occasion passersby commentators.

What a manchild for a mod with intricate napoleon complex laugh.gif

You are right, it did show the true nature of you yourself

I am not the one who lost rm 150 for nothing, and nothing more to be said to a bawling manchild. So last reply here.

P/s quote properly next time, 2003 member and a mod but still can't do proper forum quoting. I had brain aneurysm from reading your replies.
RangerRed
post May 9 2020, 12:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
2,083 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ May 8 2020, 05:59 PM)
What a manchild for a mod with intricate napoleon complex laugh.gif

You are right, it did show the true nature of you yourself

I am not the one who lost rm 150 for nothing, and nothing more to be said to a bawling manchild. So last reply here.

P/s quote properly next time, 2003 member and a mod but still can't do proper forum quoting. I had brain aneurysm from reading your replies.
LOL you just won your own prize. Congrats!
PGV3910
post Jun 15 2020, 03:00 PM

Regular
1,813 posts

U are moderator.
power in ur hand
Act like najib la boss..kill them all
Banned tsg_7 and all his dupe forever in lyn.net...setel maaaa

This post has been edited by PGV3910: Jun 15 2020, 03:01 PM
customer2
post Jun 17 2020, 08:17 AM

Enthusiast
804 posts

A dishonest seller who sell a faulty item but dont want to disclosed any information and a greedy buyer who willing to take the risk to repair the graphic card by himself. Since the item advertised as warranty : none, I think there is no way u can return the item.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:07 PM