Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asian Movie/ Series Review, Reviews on all Asian Movies/Series

views

kimboy
post Jul 3 2020, 12:32 PM

23 posts

by chance anyone watched the prisoner before? its an old series ..like really old before i exist..1967.. ive been reading this book n it mentions something about...here goes i copied from the book tongue.gif which i tot was interesting..but series so old not sure if its good..anyone?

In reality, no one’s usually trying to prevent us from achieving our goals. The situation is most often one like that brilliantly portrayed in the British TV series The Prisoner. Throughout the series the hero, identified as Number Six, is trying to escape from evil people who are working for the villain, Number One. Finally, in the last episode he understands the answer to his question “Who is Number One?” When he first heard the answer in episode 1, it sounded like “You are Number Six.” Now he understands that the answer to “Who is Number One?” is “You are, Number Six.” He had metaphorically imprisoned himself. As Franz Kafka put it, “It was a barred cage that he was in. Calmly and insolently, as if at home, the din of the world streamed out and in through the bars, the prisoner was really free, he could take part in everything, nothing that went on outside escaped him, he could simply have left the cage, the bars were yards apart, he was not even a prisoner.”
kimboy
post Jul 6 2020, 05:53 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(DiRecToRofSaTaN @ Jul 3 2020, 06:36 PM)
Where you got that from ?  Sounds like a novel adaptation. Never heard of it . 
The famous TV series  Prison Break yeahh thats  new
from the book The Achievement Habit Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life by Bernard Roth.
mmm prison break i watched that before too...his mind freaking genius...
kimboy
post Jul 8 2020, 05:57 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(DiRecToRofSaTaN @ Jul 7 2020, 06:28 PM)
No wonder as it is from a Novel adaptation. Well not many of novel adaptation made it in commercial world of movies and being a hit at it.  Unless it is like a very big scale movies like Lord of the Rings  and commands tons of money  to realize it.  Even then people will critics that the movie is not exactly the same as in the novel.
oh no noo..u got me wrong..i read about the drama from a book...erm basically the book was trying to explain something and used the drama as reference..and that super lengthy thing i copy was what the book said about the book..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:24 PM