Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pay Your Utility Bills - E-Billing, Save Papers

views

touristking
post Jun 2 2020, 02:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,401 posts

QUOTE(DexterLim93 @ Apr 26 2020, 12:40 PM)
With Cov-19 situation, there is much lesser pollution. Why not continue to amplify the healing by saving more paper as well? Easiest thing we could do now is switching to E-billing for utilities bills.

Less paper, save environment.

a) TNB Bills with E-Wallets -https://ringgitplus.com/en/blog/e-wallet/ho...go-ewallet.htmll[

b) Syabas E-Billing - https://www.airselangor.com/announcement/le...to-e-bill-today

c) IWK E- Billing - https://www.iwk.com.my/customer/ebill

My thought.

People don't have to register to so many apps or website just to get a bill. Once registered, just send it to the registered email address.

All bills should have a QR code. So consumer just have to scan and pay by ewallet.

Some doing that now but not all.

touristking
post Jun 2 2020, 02:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,401 posts

QUOTE(dannyB997 @ Apr 27 2020, 01:25 PM)
you are right....when e-wallet started i was also quite resistant to it...but now i'm using T&G ewallet.
but my parents switch all to e-billing already. would be better if can auto-debit like insurance or mobile. less one thing to worry, and those merchants confirm get payment
All those utility bills and telco bills. You can use auto-debit for all of them.

I auto-debit all those bill to one particular card. And only have to check that card's statement once a month and all in one glance.
touristking
post Jun 2 2020, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,401 posts

QUOTE(alhelmy @ Apr 27 2020, 07:52 PM)
There are more fraud with "e-ed" transactions than solid cash transactions.
All to one card. Check once a month the statement for any suspicious transaction. Payment to whichever utility etc are all traceable which makes it more secure.

Same could be said of cash. You have to go to the office to pay and who knows, you might drop the cash or someone could snatch it.

touristking
post Jun 2 2020, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,401 posts

QUOTE(alhelmy @ Apr 27 2020, 07:55 PM)
This has to do with the educational levels, in the old days people are uneducated, cannot speak English/National Language so unable to adapt. Nowadays, the middle age can speak more English than those 10 or 20 years earlier.
In China, even the beggar uses ewallet. And apps comes several languages. So it's a matter whether you wanted to or not
TSDexterLim93
post Jun 2 2020, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Jun 2 2020, 02:41 PM)
My thought.

People don't have to register to so many apps or website just to get a bill. Once registered, just send it to the registered email address.

All bills should have a QR code. So consumer just have to scan and pay by ewallet.

Some doing that now but not all.
That is a very good idea actually. I feel that other utilities companies can print out the QR codes and paste it in each household? Scan and pay.

tekkaus
post Jun 2 2020, 08:08 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(DexterLim93 @ Jun 2 2020, 01:27 PM)
New norms, new migration? But nah.. I am guessing it will take another 20-30 years cause baby boomers are not used to it
Bahahahaha biggrin.gif You are right.
cshong
post Jun 2 2020, 11:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,828 posts

I already switched to e-billing long before general election 2018.

For paper based billing, sometimes, it takes even a few weeks for us to receive the bill after the bill was released. When we receive the bill, the due date is just around the corner, or worse, the due date already passed.

Subscription to e-billing solved the above problem, and I can pay my bills on time.

To pay the bills, sometimes I use JomPAY or use FPX on biller website, more convenient than using e-wallet, as I no need to top up my e-wallet.

If you pay the bills by using credit/debit card or FPX on biller website, you directly pay to the biller by using biller's own system. You may be issued an official receipt by biller on the web page or by email.
fu'house
post Jun 4 2020, 04:29 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(DexterLim93 @ Jun 2 2020, 01:27 PM)
New norms, new migration? But nah.. I am guessing it will take another 20-30 years cause baby boomers are not used to it
At least we progressed from snail mail to email and SMS. Even SMS feels outdated to younger people.

To think of official matters like MKN or KKM to SMS you during PKP.

Of email and snail mail, yet to see utility bill sent through Facebook or WhatsApp.
TSDexterLim93
post Jun 18 2020, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(cshong @ Jun 2 2020, 11:13 PM)
I already switched to e-billing long before general election 2018.

For paper based billing, sometimes, it takes even a few weeks for us to receive the bill after the bill was released. When we receive the bill, the due date is just around the corner, or worse, the due date already passed.

Subscription to e-billing solved the above problem, and I can pay my bills on time.

To pay the bills, sometimes I use JomPAY or use FPX on biller website, more convenient than using e-wallet, as I no need to top up my e-wallet.

If you pay the bills by using credit/debit card or FPX on biller website, you directly pay to the biller by using biller's own system. You may be issued an official receipt by biller on the web page or by email.
You are one in the million sir to adapt to technologies. Laziness is a big factor in my opinion. And Malaysians dont like to set automated payment because they usually think its a scam.. But yea.. More effort needs to be done
TSDexterLim93
post Jun 18 2020, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(fu'house @ Jun 4 2020, 04:29 PM)
At least we progressed from snail mail to email and SMS. Even SMS feels outdated to younger people.

To think of official matters like MKN or KKM to SMS you during PKP.

Of email and snail mail, yet to see utility bill sent through Facebook or WhatsApp.
You would be surprised that US still uses mainly SMS cause its free.. Whatapps is not really a thing ther ehahaha
cshong
post Jun 18 2020, 11:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,828 posts

QUOTE(DexterLim93 @ Jun 18 2020, 09:02 PM)
You are one in the million sir to adapt to technologies. Laziness is a big factor in my opinion. And Malaysians dont like to set automated payment because they usually think its a scam.. But yea.. More effort needs to be done
Even with manual payments, it takes just a few minutes to pay all bills online at once, more convenient and more time saving than going to payment counter.

So, I don't feel laziness as a big factor. Some people just choose to owe money, and use many excuses.

But, I don't deny that, there exist some people who truly worry about the security of online payment, and some people just don't know how to use technology. More need to be done to solve these.

This post has been edited by cshong: Jun 18 2020, 11:50 PM
cshong
post Jun 19 2020, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,828 posts

QUOTE(DexterLim93 @ Jun 18 2020, 09:02 PM)
I forgot to mention in my previous post, about the network coverage issue and internet speed issue.

Even if a person willing to pay their bills on time, know how to make online payment and willing to pay online, but he/she live at area where network coverage is poor, internet connection is poor, he not even can receive electronic bill, nor make payment online.

These issues must be solved first.
myo
post Jun 19 2020, 06:22 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

It is time to care for the environments thumbsup.gif
ameenskywalker
post Jun 23 2020, 09:43 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(wankamarulmatzin @ Jun 19 2020, 10:55 AM)
Dont mind paying for Syabas and IWK but not for scammers TNB. Marking up the price like nobody
Which part of the bills that you feel like being scammed?
Arsenal21
post Sep 16 2020, 03:41 PM

On my way
540 posts

nowadays i pay my bills thru online, seldom go to counter

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.99    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 03:47 PM