Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iPad To Review Photos

views

TScorad
post Apr 25 2020, 11:57 AM, updated 4y ago

Hard to see, the dark side is.
2,338 posts

MCO gave plenty of chance to play around with my 6Dmk2.

The only thing is I'm outstation with my work laptop (old 2014 machine with low res screen). Prefer not to buy an external monitor as it'll be a hassle to bring back so was looking at the 2020 iPad to review/touch up the photos. Is it recommended ? Or is there a better option for a budget of RM3.5k ?

Storage wise using a NAS so not a concern.
Michaelbyz23
post Apr 25 2020, 01:01 PM

Sarawak Maju Makmur
4,541 posts

I have a client who uses Ipad with Adobe lightroom to edit his photos.
To me I think a little bit inconvenient and not as fast. But if you are only working on a few photos, and dont require full version of lightroom to tweak your photos, I think Ipad is one of the best option for portability and the price range. Because ipad has one of the better screen accuracy as compared to most windows laptop within your budget.
sakuraboo
post Apr 26 2020, 09:49 PM

thereisnospoon
1,535 posts

I think biggest issue is file transfer

It kinda stopped there

After editing in pc, i upload to cloud. then i sometimes view the image on ipad, iPhone and Android to check for color accuracy and wb consistency

Then again i have a colour accurate laptop 15" and colour calibrated external monitors that are 27" in size. The size definitely helps. Even on 27" i zoom a lot and do touch up. Even 15" laptop already stress so small can't imagine editing editing on 10" iPad
Aivihc
post Apr 27 2020, 10:44 AM

Casual
454 posts

get an ultrabook (2 in 1) much more convenient

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:15 AM