Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rolex price., Grey market price will go down?

views

friedricetheman
post Jul 11 2021, 12:13 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
949 posts

QUOTE(Wynne2219 @ Jul 11 2021, 04:31 AM)
Grey dealer . Only 2 guys sapu all the market . Many die hard sohai fans too. Watch once posted then all go on without viewing . One pg one jb . They really king . By selling watches only . Few hundred k a month sap sap sui ….
I heard they are having a hard time selling the watches now that Rolex advertise the MSRP on their website in RM.

It used to be buyers don’t know what is the real MSRP so the grey dealers just buat tak tahu and sell at markup prices. I heard buyers really thought that Hulk Submariner retails at RM80k before Rolex posted prices on their website.
swanlover
post Jul 11 2021, 01:11 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(Wynne2219 @ Jul 11 2021, 04:31 AM)
Grey dealer . Only 2 guys sapu all the market . Many die hard sohai fans too. Watch once posted then all go on without viewing . One pg one jb . They really king . By selling watches only . Few hundred k a month sap sap sui ….
I think one of the pg guys tat sapu all stock at north is that kkt tip-top Karipop guy? Lolx..

This post has been edited by swanlover: Jul 11 2021, 04:40 PM
SUSWynne2219
post Jul 11 2021, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jul 11 2021, 12:13 PM)
I heard they are having a hard time selling the watches now that Rolex advertise the MSRP on their website in RM.

It used to be buyers don’t know what is the real MSRP so the grey dealers just buat tak tahu and sell at markup prices. I heard buyers really thought that Hulk Submariner retails at RM80k before Rolex posted prices on their website.
Jahahahah I thought you’re very expert in Rolex coz many have tag you and your replies are very logic and different level . But . Nah …. Everyone in Malaysia knows that lolek is goreng price . Sub 35k but market selling 50-60 . Still a lot buying without a doubt . Crazy 😂
SUSWynne2219
post Jul 11 2021, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(swanlover @ Jul 11 2021, 01:11 PM)
I’m pg is that kkt tip-top Karipop guy? Lolx..
Confirm kalipop . My idol . Sell like nobody business and his follower and fans too many d . Mostly those who earn easy money I doubt .
friedricetheman
post Jul 11 2021, 08:15 PM

Watch Idiot Savant
949 posts

QUOTE(Wynne2219 @ Jul 11 2021, 04:34 PM)
Jahahahah I thought you’re very expert in Rolex coz many have tag you and your replies are very logic and different level . But . Nah …. Everyone in Malaysia knows that lolek is goreng price . Sub 35k but market selling 50-60 . Still a lot buying without a doubt . Crazy 😂
Every collector knows that it is goreng price. Yes. But not the retail buyers like the auntie in the pasar or that uncle who owns a coffee shop. These people now realized that the prices quoted to them are too high as they now have access to Rolex website MSRP prices.

It’s usually not the collectors who are buying these grey market watches. Most already have completed their collection. It’s the retail buyers. Non watch collectors who made some money in the stock market and crypto speculation who now wants to spend on a nice watch. Some were shocked once they learned the real MSRP prices on the Rolex website.

I know, because in my line of work, I deal with a lot of people on a daily basis. Mostly non-collectors who aspire to own a nice watch like Rolex. These type of people don’t know the difference between a Submariner and GMT Master II. They see my Aqua Terra and think that it is a Seiko.

I used to think that everyone knows AP Royal Oaks and it’s common knowledge that a lot of mid range Swiss brands use ETA but that is not the case. A lot of non-watch collectors don’t know a lot of things that we take for granted.

Let’s put it into perspective. Easily around 2 million people in Malaysia can afford a Rolex and wants one. How many of these 2 million unique buyers that the grey market is tapping into? I meet a lot of people due to being in the sales line and most are shocked to hear that MSRP is less than half of the grey market price tags.

To them, watches are not a necessity and once they are educated on the real MSRP; they rather not spend so frivolous on something that is essentially a bubble.

This post has been edited by friedricetheman: Jul 11 2021, 08:26 PM
SUSWynne2219
post Jul 11 2021, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(friedricetheman @ Jul 11 2021, 08:15 PM)
Every collector knows that it is goreng price. Yes. But not the retail buyers like the auntie in the pasar or that uncle who owns a coffee shop. These people now realized that the prices quoted to them are too high as they now have access to Rolex website MSRP prices.

It’s usually not the collectors who are buying these grey market watches. Most already have completed their collection. It’s the retail buyers. Non watch collectors who made some money in the stock market and crypto speculation who now wants to spend on a nice watch. Some were shocked once they learned the real MSRP prices on the Rolex website.

I know, because in my line of work, I deal with a lot of people on a daily basis. Mostly non-collectors who aspire to own a nice watch like Rolex. These type of people don’t know the difference between a Submariner and GMT Master II. They see my Aqua Terra and think that it is a Seiko.

I used to think that everyone knows AP Royal Oaks and it’s common knowledge that a lot of mid range Swiss brands use ETA but that is not the case. A lot of non-watch collectors don’t know a lot of things that we take for granted.

Let’s put it into perspective. Easily around 2 million people in Malaysia can afford a Rolex and wants one. How many of these 2 million unique buyers that the grey market is tapping into? I meet a lot of people due to being in the sales line and most are shocked to hear that MSRP is less than half of the grey market price tags.

To them, watches are not a necessity and once they are educated on the real MSRP; they rather not spend so frivolous on something that is essentially a bubble.
I agree with you . Yes . But wait till you see their live in fb or join the telegram group then you’ll be shocked why so many idiots are crazy about lolek 🤪

rx330
post Jul 12 2021, 08:50 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

ah tan in pg ar ahahhaa
who the other guy in jaybee? ah lim ar hahaha

but y ppl into lolek are idiots?

@nasigoreng, no ler... the lolek website msrp only can be seen by a lucky few, not all can have access to the price shown
swanlover
post Jul 12 2021, 11:21 AM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(rx330 @ Jul 12 2021, 08:50 AM)
ah tan in pg ar ahahhaa
who the other guy in jaybee? ah lim ar hahaha

but y ppl into lolek are idiots?

@nasigoreng, no ler... the lolek website msrp only can be seen by a lucky few, not all can have access to the price shown
That foul-mouthed kkt karipop guy generously sapu all AD stock like buy Kuih ...JB ah Lim he’s apprentice ...lolx

95% reseller most underworld plp...
swanlover
post Jul 12 2021, 11:27 AM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(Wynne2219 @ Jul 11 2021, 09:37 PM)
I agree with you . Yes . But wait till you see their live in fb or join the telegram group then you’ll be shocked why so many idiots are crazy about lolek 🤪
Those can transferred rm100k+ online watch purchase are those with easy money...

Savvy businessmen or watch appreciator never do something like this...

rx330
post Jul 12 2021, 12:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

QUOTE(swanlover @ Jul 12 2021, 11:21 AM)
That foul-mouthed kkt karipop guy generously sapu all AD stock like buy Kuih ...JB ah Lim he’s apprentice ...lolx

95% reseller most underworld plp...
all washing money one la hahaha

all these money go bank, kena tangkap
then how? buy watches lor

ah lim is ah tan apprentice ar?
jackbanner
post Nov 14 2021, 11:46 AM

On my way
654 posts

Is the stainless steel Submariner and Sea Dweller now available at authorised dealers?
swanlover
post Nov 14 2021, 02:54 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(jackbanner @ Nov 14 2021, 11:46 AM)
Is the stainless steel Submariner and Sea Dweller now available at authorised dealers?
Yes. But u need to buy Rm 100k garbage first , for them to sell u a sub…
jackbanner
post Nov 14 2021, 07:44 PM

On my way
654 posts

I’ve already given up waiting for sea dweller. Now I prefer apple watch or garmin watch, more practical, cheaper and always available to purchase.

QUOTE(swanlover @ Nov 14 2021, 02:54 PM)
Yes. But u need to buy Rm 100k garbage first , for them to sell u a sub…
Mattressdepot
post Nov 16 2021, 01:09 PM

Casual
499 posts

grey market is supported by the illegal business cash. so the goreng price will remain solid and theres always got buyers bringing 5kg or 10kg stack of cash to convert into a watch.
swanlover
post Nov 16 2021, 02:09 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(Mattressdepot @ Nov 16 2021, 01:09 PM)
grey market is supported by the illegal business cash. so the goreng price will remain solid and theres always got buyers bringing 5kg or 10kg stack of cash to convert into a watch.
This r the norms in Mal, most grey lalabeng is backed by some darklord behinds…

Some even rent lots nearby AD (KLCC), with standby few mil of cash…, they’ll run to the AD when stock arrives ..

This post has been edited by swanlover: Nov 16 2021, 02:11 PM
rx330
post Nov 16 2021, 02:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,585 posts

so many conspiracy theories kekekekek

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM