Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

powermac into PC, Begineer

views

TSlaujennyue
post Apr 16 2020, 04:06 AM, updated 4y ago

39 posts

Hi, i recently are intrested in turning a Power mac g5 into a pc. I havent or seen one of this before so had no idea what to expect, my friend had one of those and he is willing to give it to me. I have some ideas but arent sure if they work. Also idk how to achieve them.

1) Is there anyway to buy a premake plate for the io? Or a blueprint which i can make my own. Also what kind of metal can I use to get the texture as close as apple? I do not have experience with metal at all.

2) for the power supply, my initial plan is to place it somewhere inside. PSU-> male to female extension (cut and stick on the io plate)-> female to power point. Will it work?

My specs for this build:
Msi H310M Pro Vd
Rx570

I might upgrade to bigger motherboard and water cooling it. Will it still fit with slightly bigger board after the mod?

Thanks 🙏

cstkl1
post Apr 16 2020, 12:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,799 posts

TSlaujennyue
post Apr 16 2020, 05:46 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(cstkl1 @ Apr 16 2020, 12:20 PM)

Thank You very very much for sharing this video, it has really help me to visualize.
One quick question, the PCIE case bracket will work with regular bracket?
i have a few idea for this.

1) Place the motherboard+gpu slightly middle to the case, and run 'male to female HDMI/DVI' for everything. If can i wanna fit the female head to the case bracket.

2) Motherboard at the middle of the case. Run&stick PCIEx16 riser to the PCIE case bracket. Which then i just place the video card at the pcie case bracket. the problem is the PCIE case bracket standard size? will it fit?

Thanks -Jenn

cstkl1
post Apr 16 2020, 06:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,799 posts

QUOTE(laujennyue @ Apr 16 2020, 05:46 PM)
Thank You very very much for sharing this video, it has really help me to visualize.
One quick question, the PCIE case bracket will work with regular bracket?
i have a few idea for this.

1) Place the motherboard+gpu slightly middle to the case, and run 'male to female HDMI/DVI' for everything. If can i wanna fit the female head to the case bracket.

2) Motherboard at the middle of the case. Run&stick PCIEx16 riser to the PCIE case bracket. Which then i just place the video card at the pcie case bracket. the problem is the PCIE case bracket standard size? will it fit?

Thanks -Jenn
personally
i would discard everything inside and make a new tray etc...
so just use the outer for appearance sake...

TSlaujennyue
post Apr 16 2020, 06:02 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(cstkl1 @ Apr 16 2020, 06:00 PM)
personally
i would discard everything inside and make a new tray etc...
so just use the outer for appearance sake...
my plan to rip everything inside, however keep the outer appearance 100%. Alright once i get hold of the case, i will keep everyone updated i guess.
cstkl1
post Apr 16 2020, 07:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,799 posts

QUOTE(laujennyue @ Apr 16 2020, 06:02 PM)
my plan to rip everything inside, however keep the outer appearance 100%. Alright once i get hold of the case, i will keep everyone updated i guess.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1189652&hl=mac

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:38 PM