Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis no mobile interne, can't figure out the cause!

views

LarryPizzaGuy
post Apr 13 2020, 12:59 PM

/k 20k Club (Verified)
879 posts

I believe it could be your phone's network configuration is out of date, as Maxis quite often reconfigure their network.....

Thus, assuming you're still able to make calls and receive SMSes, you could try the following...

1. Get Maxis to send out an SMS (to your phone number) that will help reconfigure your phone (Pixel 2 XL) to receive signal on their network.

2. Call the Maxis service personnel guided you to manually reconfigure the network connection settings in your phone.

I used to face the same issue like yours as well, thus doing the above 2 have helped solved my data issue.

I hope this works out for you.

LarryPizzaGuy
post Apr 13 2020, 01:25 PM

/k 20k Club (Verified)
879 posts

QUOTE(JFHY @ Apr 13 2020, 01:19 PM)
Thanks. yes i can receive and make calls. When i was on the phone with maxis, they walked me through resetting network and also configured APN (reset to default and also manual). are those the one you mentioned? if it is a setting issue, wouldnt it also affect the other maxis sims i put into my phone?
Yes... because those settings will only rule out any setting problems with your phone.

Have you tried with another MAXIS simcard? Does it have the same no-data-issue?

Even if with the updated settings, if you're still unable to connect and have Data, that means the problem could lie with Maxis.

Then the other possibility could be a fault occurred at a nearby Maxis's network tower.

Thus, you might need to call them up and report a Network issue in your area.

They will (or not, depends on MCO) perform remote troubleshooting on a cell tower nearest to you; then decide whether to dispatch a service team over to rectify it (if its a cell tower issue).

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0190sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:55 AM