Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Karma is untrue or useless, A serious discussion

views

TSpuchongite
post Apr 6 2020, 01:25 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,683 posts

QUOTE(GentlemanTroll @ Apr 6 2020, 12:45 PM)
I think your argument with mikehuan is that there is no proper definition of karma.

For you to have an experiment, you have to first define what is karma.
After we define, then we set an experiment around it.

So, technically, you have provided your definition, and set a thought experiment.
However, now, the issue is that there are disagreement in the definition you set.

In that case, then it's up to the other person to define what karma is.
And define it in a manner such that it's quantifiable, and falsifieable.
We are talking about something which in my opinion, obvious.

Loot at dictionary :-

Learn to pronounce
noun
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
INFORMAL
good or bad luck, viewed as resulting from one's actions.

Or wiki :-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Karma (/ˈkɑːrmə/; Sanskrit: कर्म, romanized: karma, IPA: [ˈkɐɽmɐ] (About this soundlisten); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed;[1] it also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).[2] Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and happier rebirths, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and bad rebirths.[3][4]

Rebirth has been repeatedly emphasized.
GentlemanTroll
post Apr 6 2020, 01:51 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 6 2020, 01:25 PM)
We are talking about something which in my opinion, obvious.

Loot at dictionary :-
Or wiki :-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma
Rebirth has been repeatedly emphasized.
Yes, I'm saying you have define it, but mikehuan disagrees your definition.
That's why the argument isn't about the thought experiment results anymore, but rather it's about definition (or perhaps interpretation on definition)

For instance, you put up this definition:

"(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
INFORMAL"

To simplify, let's just assume human beings.
If doing good means being born into a rich family.
Then, the karma "ends" there, the person has been "rewarded" by being born into a rich family. All other things he do subsequently is only going to affect his future "karma", and any actions towards him are going to affect the "karma" of the person doing it.

Or, if we put transcending species. Then the fact that say, a bird being born into a human, is already reflective of the bird's karma.

I'm just pointing out the potential interpretation, where religious often just ensure their claims cannot be flasified.
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 02:28 PM

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
637 posts

QUOTE(GentlemanTroll @ Apr 6 2020, 01:51 PM)
Yes, I'm saying you have define it, but mikehuan disagrees your definition.
That's why the argument isn't about the thought experiment results anymore, but rather it's about definition (or perhaps interpretation on definition)

For instance, you put up this definition:

"(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
INFORMAL"

To simplify, let's just assume human beings.
If doing good means being born into a rich family.
Then, the karma "ends" there, the person has been "rewarded" by being born into a rich family. All other things he do subsequently is only going to affect his future "karma", and any actions towards him are going to affect the "karma" of the person doing it.

Or, if we put transcending species. Then the fact that say, a bird being born into a human, is already reflective of the bird's karma.

I'm just pointing out the potential interpretation, where religious often just ensure their claims cannot be flasified.
Actually we won't know the speed. It might just depend on Buddha to decide or he got to set how the system will do automatically. Karma can come quickly or slowly or carry to your next life. But what I noticed is those who bad to me really got karma only. Although the time could be different to receive it.

Just give a little example of my karma experience only. No force you to believe. Primary school got one gangster always beat and bullies me, a few months later his mother passed away.

I took gula2 from somewhere, went back home, accidentally canned food fall down and cut my legs much blood.

Gov fitnah n charged me and malicious prosecution. Then barang naik fallen and bijan and his gang all got charged and those involved got sued in court now by pastor wife.

Got 1 ktard silent stalker defamed me many years ago, straightaway his kids admitted hospital.

This is based on what I remember and important only. Karma is definitely real. Not happens yet does not mean it's not real. It's just a matter of time.

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 03:06 PM
TSpuchongite
post Apr 6 2020, 02:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,683 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 02:28 PM)
Actually we won't know the speed. It might just depend on Buddha to decide or he got set how the system will do automatically. Karma can come quickly or slowly or carry to your next life. But what I noticed is those who bad to me really got karma only. Although the time could be different to receive it.

Just give a little example of my karma experience only. No force you to believe. Primary school got 1 Indian fellow gangster beat and bully me, few months later his mother passed away.

I took gula2 from giant, went back home, accidentally canned food fall down and cut my legs much bloods.

Gov fitnah n charged me and malicious prosecution. Then barang naik fallen and bijan and his gang all got charged and those involved got sued in court now by pastor wife.

Got 1 ktard silent stalker defamed me many years ago, straightaway his kids admitted hospital.

This is based on what I remember and important only. Karma is definitely real. No happens yet does not mean it's not real. It's just a matter of time.
No predictability, unfalsifiable, dismissed !
cmytwk
post Apr 6 2020, 04:06 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 5 2020, 02:26 PM)
Haha what's the relevance to the thread ? You are risking of being reported as spamming if you make only such a post.
Think about deeply since you open this thread.

smile.gif
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 02:28 PM)
Actually we won't know the speed. It might just depend on Buddha to decide or he got to set how the system will do automatically. Karma can come quickly or slowly or carry to your next life. But what I noticed is those who bad to me really got karma only. Although the time could be different to receive it.

Just give a little example of my karma experience only. No force you to believe. Primary school got one gangster always beat and bullies me, a few months later his mother passed away.

I took gula2 from somewhere, went back home, accidentally canned food fall down and cut my legs much blood.

This is based on what I remember and important only. Karma is definitely real. Not happens yet does not mean it's not real. It's just a matter of time.
This is equivalent to not saying anything at all.

Poor mother she had done nothing to you. How about the father?

Poor kids they did nothing to you. How about his wife? His mother no?

This is just lame ...
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:29 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(cmytwk @ Apr 6 2020, 04:06 PM)
Think about deeply since you open this thread.

smile.gif
Have you since you made a silly reply?
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 04:30 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:27 PM)
This is equivalent to not saying anything at all.

Poor kids they did nothing to you. How about his wife? His mother no?

This is just lame ...
You are ignorant if you think your karma will only affect yourself alone.
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 04:32 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:29 PM)
This is just lame ...
Like the blood, karma will pass down to children and this unavoidable trap will press them down. Karma is the sin that you have committed and this will pass down to your children. Also it's a restraint that you have inherited from your ancestors.Mar 5, 2017

https://medium.com/onemul/karma-will-pass-d...wn-80c9601fdf2c

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 04:32 PM
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 04:30 PM)
You are ignorant if you think your karma will only affect yourself alone.
That is a straw man you set up for yourself.
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 04:32 PM)
Like the blood, karma will pass down to children and this unavoidable trap will press them down. Karma is the sin that you have committed and this will pass down to your children. Also it's a restraint that you have inherited from your ancestors.Mar 5, 2017

https://medium.com/onemul/karma-will-pass-d...wn-80c9601fdf2c
If i give you a few verses from the Quran that says not karma but God would you accept it?
cmytwk
post Apr 6 2020, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:29 PM)
Have you since you made a silly reply?
Ooppsssss...... sweat.gif
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 04:36 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:33 PM)
If i give you a few verses from the Quran that says not karma but God would you accept it?
I have heard people those guillotine executioner, their next life will suffer some kind of neck pain. I know you won't believe it. Just nerve problem rite...
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 04:36 PM)
I have heard people those guillotine executioner, their next life will suffer some kind of neck pain. I know you won't believe it. Just nerve problem rite...
If you can't accept that it is God according to the Quran, not karma, why would I accept yours? What made yours different than a wall of texts?
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 04:41 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:27 PM)

He invited the whole class for her mother's funeral. The teacher arranged bus to his house. After the incident, his personality totally changed. No longer being a bully. You cannot imagine the sadness he had suffered for him to change completely. If you think it's fun, continue it.
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 04:41 PM)
He invited the whole class for her mother's funeral. The teacher arranged bus to his house. After the incident, his personality totally changed. No longer being a bully. You cannot imagine the sadness he had suffered for him to change completely. If you think it's fun, continue it.
She as an individual person has done anything to the person?
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 04:58 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:42 PM)
She as an individual person has done anything to the person?
The bully experienced the saddest moment of his life. Something precious which he lost it permanently.
Spear2
post Apr 6 2020, 04:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,633 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 04:58 PM)
The bully experienced the saddest moment of his life. Something precious which he lost it permanently.
So you are saying his mother suffered/died because of her son bad karma?

This post has been edited by Spear2: Apr 6 2020, 05:00 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 06:34 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:59 PM)
So you are saying his mother suffered/died because of her son bad  karma?
Dude this is so mess up
It's like getting dung just because of other people mistake
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 06:58 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 06:34 PM)
Dude this is so mess up
It's like getting dung just because of other people mistake
karma things hard to explain. Not sure how they decide. For example, if spear is stubborn, police already asked him to stay at home but he still wanted to go out to meet his gf and dunno where did he contracted with the coronavirus and then infected his whole family.

Btw I am not sure why his closed one passed away. It could be due to heartbroken or stroke after canning his son or scolding him or whatsoever. If it's destined, you cannot avoid it. For example, if you are destined to get injured, the injury may come from anywhere. It does not mean if you're hiding inside your house then you won't be injured. Got lorry just rammed inside a house out of sudden.

user posted image

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 07:02 PM

360 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th August 2022 - 12:25 AM