Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Karma is untrue or useless, A serious discussion

views

GentlemanTroll
post Apr 17 2020, 09:38 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 17 2020, 09:16 AM)
Under what circumstances that believers will be able to adopt such way of thinking ?
Generally, most people are like this right?
For example, a lot of people believe in God/karma etc.. Yet still "sin"/"do bad karma stuff" etc etc.. like corruption, lies etc.
People who believe that God will protect them still locks the door.
People who believe in God yet still seek doctor's treatment when they're sick.
People still work, still get on with their normal life.

It's only when things goes out of control, they start placing faith in something. For that something will give them comfort.
It's always easy and comforting when you believe someone out there is looking out for you when things are tough.

The reason all those articles are news-worthy is because they are idiots who adopt an extreme view..

This post has been edited by GentlemanTroll: Apr 17 2020, 09:39 AM
GentlemanTroll
post Apr 17 2020, 10:39 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 17 2020, 09:48 AM)
Then you are sort of saying incoherency is where people get their real life sanity. The most coherent believers are usually the most deluded ones.
Yes. As ramz said before in your previous post (I recalled it's ramz, I may recall wrongly), most people are still logical and will accept human's help under the flood scenario, and not expecting God to miraculously help.
In fact, despite all sort of tap-dancing, twist etc from some of the believers in this forum, I think most of them are still rational human beings that don't attempt to apply every single thing from their religion literally.

I suspect this is due to human's evolution. Our brain can't handle them, so we compartmentalise them. So, most people still can have strong belief, yet are sane in real life. We are somehow able to accept the incoherent and yet don't find them incoherent.

This post has been edited by GentlemanTroll: Apr 17 2020, 10:41 AM
GentlemanTroll
post Apr 20 2020, 04:46 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 17 2020, 09:52 PM)
The theists and the karma believers are not defending anything here anymore. They will insist that their explanation of karma remains consistent with reality.

This is where the compartmentization of the brain to accept coexist of scientific conclusion and karma explanation allows them to have some real world sanity.

But if we think objectively, science is making observation using the natural law of cause and effect, and karma is claimed to be also a natural law, it cannot yield a different explanation and prediction from science.

When the two supposedly natural laws yield different results and predictions, one of them has to be wrong !!!

For example, if one accept that covid-19 is spread via close contact with the virus as the reality, then one has to conclude that the morality and karma have no parts to play in your infection.

Science has already determined with good predictability and accuracy the laws behind the spread of the disease. Any other explanations have to be wrong. It is a nonsensical argument to claim that there is no conflict between science and religion.
I think what you said stuck with me.
Things that are not falsifieable are quite meaningless.
Nothing to argue as it is based on whatever you want to say.
GentlemanTroll
post May 6 2021, 01:44 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(Accord2018 @ May 6 2021, 01:39 PM)
then why you don't eat or drink now since you don't believe the book? you scare because you are in the middle. you are just blinded yourself due to your lust
Isn't that is a question that you should direct to yourself, since you say there's no right or wrong?
What does eating has to do with not believing in book?
Is that a red herring attempt? Your statement doesn't make any sense though.
GentlemanTroll
post May 10 2021, 01:44 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(Spear2 @ May 10 2021, 09:46 AM)
So is this comment of yours right or wrong?
I guess that's how he plans to argue for his "future clients".

Strong evidence shown that his clients is guilty.
Accord2018: There is no right or wrong. You cannot claim that the evidence is the truth. My client believes he is not guilty. Therefore you should respect his belief as well.

Of course, it will be spoken in a much more broken English which I am not able to match unfortunately.
GentlemanTroll
post May 10 2021, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

wrong reply.

This post has been edited by GentlemanTroll: May 10 2021, 02:30 PM
GentlemanTroll
post May 10 2021, 02:32 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(Accord2018 @ May 10 2021, 02:11 PM)
very unintelligent argument. Inside the court, it will have its own system. It is different from religion. Like rams breaking the Syariah law for not fasting, he still feels that he is not wrong and claims the law is immoral.
What nonsense you talking? You say no right or wrong within humans on earth. So, is there right or wrong?
If there's right or wrong only in some stuff, who gives you the right to decide what can be judged, what cannot?

This post has been edited by GentlemanTroll: May 10 2021, 02:32 PM
GentlemanTroll
post Jun 7 2021, 01:56 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Jun 7 2021, 07:00 AM)
We also have human who are born in very unfortunate environment, and also many pigs born into human farm where they are well fed and just have to eat and sleep. So why is being pig worse than being human as a way of retribution for their bad karma ? What inherently makes being pig is worse than being human which entitle them for future upgrade ?
Humans with the mindset thinking that we're superior to all other living beings.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th September 2022 - 07:08 PM