Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Karma is untrue or useless, A serious discussion

views

Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 07:05 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 06:58 PM)
karma things hard to explain. Not sure how they decide. For example, if spear is stubborn, police already asked him to stay at home but he still wanted to go out to meet his gf and dunno where did he contracted with the coronavirus and then infected his whole family.

Btw I am not sure why his closed one passed away. It could be due to heartbroken or stroke after canning his son or scolding him or whatsoever. If it's destined, you cannot avoid it. For example, if you are destined to get injured, the injury may come from anywhere. It does not mean if you're hiding inside your house then you won't be injured. Got lorry just rammed inside a house out of sudden.

user posted image
Never thought of coincidence that wrongly mistaken as karma
There are people escape from karma, what does that mean?
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 07:14 PM

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 07:05 PM)
Never thought of coincidence that wrongly mistaken as karma
There are people escape from karma, what does that mean?
You won't know it until your next life. It's not escaped, just it's not happened yet on your this life. You will pay it some other days. Becoming a buffalo cow also bad enough to be kissed by the lions all the time in the wild.
NicoRobinz
post Apr 6 2020, 07:42 PM

Casual
443 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 4 2020, 06:23 PM)
In this post I want to explain the experiment to disprove karmic action.

The experiment is pretty simple.

Just collect 50 samples of living things. To avoid human morality issue, do it on ants.

Randomly split 50 ants of the sample into 25,25 and put them in two different containers.

Container A you spray insecticide on it. Container B you do not.

The outcome is pretty predictable. No matter how you choose to split the sample, ants in container A always ended up dead. That means irrespective of whatever their past lives, they are made to die. Those in container A are guaranteed to die, it does not matter what their past lives were.

Therefore karmic action cannot be guaranteed. The real cause of their death is actually the spray of insecticides on them. Their past lives have no part to play.

Just do the same thought experiment using human. Then you will see that karma is either untrue or useless.
But they believe because of the bad karma they had accumulated in the past and therefore, chosen to be in the container which you will put pesticides in.

Idk, but it seem karma still plays a part here?

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Apr 6 2020, 07:42 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 07:42 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 07:14 PM)
You won't know it until your next life. It's not escaped, just it's not happened yet on your this life. You will pay it some other days. Becoming a buffalo cow also bad enough to be kissed by the lions all the time in the wild.
Can you prove it that each on of us will be reincarnated after death? I mean till today no solid prove that there's will be next live biggrin.gif
Why we have to wait for karma that long, why not somewhere near
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 08:03 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 07:42 PM)
Can you prove it that each on of us will be reincarnated after death? I mean till today no solid prove that there's will be next live biggrin.gif
It's like you try going into any place of worship and asking the people there to prove GOD? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 08:04 PM
Pikichu
post Apr 6 2020, 08:05 PM

Enthusiast
891 posts

karma things hard to explain. Not sure how they decide. For example, if spear is stubborn, police already asked him to stay at home but he still wanted to go out to meet his gf and dunno where did he contracted with the coronavirus and then infected his whole family.

Btw I am not sure why his closed one passed away. It could be due to heartbroken or stroke after canning his son or scolding him or whatsoever. If it's destined, you cannot avoid it. For example, if you are destined to get injured, the injury may come from anywhere. It does not mean if you're hiding inside your house then you won't be injured. Got lorry just rammed inside a house out of sudden.
QUOTE(Spear2 @ Apr 6 2020, 04:59 PM)
So you are saying his mother suffered/died because of her son bad  karma?
uamcy is saying, "his closed one passed away" probably "due to heartbroken or stroke after canning his son or scolding him or whatsoever"
Now do you understand karma or do you want to be caned?
You cannot hide from karma. Karma will drive a lorry ram into your house.

You call it god, they call it karma. Don't pray-pray biggrin.gif LOL

This post has been edited by Pikichu: Apr 6 2020, 08:05 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 08:10 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 08:03 PM)
It's like you try going into any place of worship and asking the people there to prove GOD?  ohmy.gif
Uh, why not? Those people should know something right, or else what's the purpose of them worshipping
They will probably say "believe" rather than "proving"
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 08:16 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 08:10 PM)
Uh, why not? Those people should know something right, or else what's the purpose of them worshipping
They will probably say "believe" rather than "proving"
If now I bring you back to the Ming Dynasty, are you sure you can prove bacteria exist?

SUSjalsrix
post Apr 6 2020, 08:36 PM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 07:42 PM)
There is solid proof but there are still people who refused to acknowledge the truth.

This is a famous researcher Dr Brian Weiss, and you can consult him to go back to one of your past life.

There are many others but start with him

This post has been edited by jalsrix: Apr 6 2020, 08:36 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 08:48 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 08:16 PM)
If now I bring you back to the Ming Dynasty, are you sure you can prove bacteria exist?
Yes exist back then, might be extinct today depends on which types are you saying
What are you trying to prove? God exist back then, but not now?
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 08:57 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 08:48 PM)
Yes exist back then, might be extinct today depends on which types are you saying
What are you trying to prove? God exist back then, but not now?
Of course, now you know it exists. But if now I bring you back to Ming Dynasty but you don't even know how to build a microscope and hence if you tell people bacteria is real, they will say you are nonsense. What you cannot prove now does not mean no one can prove it with something physical in the future. Cannot be proven does not mean not to exist. Digest my words before you go to sleep tonight.
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 09:08 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 08:57 PM)
Of course, now you know it exists. But if now I bring you back to Ming Dynasty but you don't even know how to build a microscope and hence if you tell people bacteria is real, they will say you are nonsense. What you cannot prove now does not mean no one can prove it with something physical in the future. Cannot be proven does not mean not to exist. Digest my words before you go to sleep tonight.
Back in the days ok no microscope cannot tell it exisit, but when bacteria infected an individual there must be symptoms like sick, cold, flu. Some deadly strain caused death.
You said God exist, what can we see? What impact on human? Non
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 09:09 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 09:08 PM)
Back in the days ok no microscope cannot tell it exisit, but when bacteria infected an individual there must be symptoms like sick, cold, flu. Some deadly strain caused death.
You said God exist, what can we see? What impact on human? Non
Comets don't do any impact on your life too but does it mean comets do not exist? You might not be having any chance to see any comets too during the ming dynasty.

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 09:10 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 09:16 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 09:09 PM)
Comets don't do any impact on your life too but does it mean comets do not exist? You might not be having any chance to see any comets too during the ming dynasty.
Comets we can see it clearly (if we get the chance) doesn't need to be proven. Everyone could see that
But God something ....we cant prove and see
Chrono-Trigger
post Apr 6 2020, 09:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,450 posts

edited

This post has been edited by Chrono-Trigger: Apr 23 2020, 08:10 PM
SUSuamcy
post Apr 6 2020, 09:22 PM

637 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 6 2020, 09:16 PM)
Comets we can see it clearly (if we get the chance) doesn't need to be proven. Everyone could see that
But God something ....we cant prove and see
No, You wont have any chance to see it also. Not you want to see then can see in the past. Even now also you won't have a chance to see a comet with your own eyes right in the skies. You slow2 wait for the comet to come outside your house perhaps. laugh.gif Dun sleep every night waiting for it to come.

This post has been edited by uamcy: Apr 6 2020, 09:26 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 09:28 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(uamcy @ Apr 6 2020, 09:22 PM)
No, You wont have any chance to see it also. Not you want to see then can see in the past. Even now also you also wont have a chance to see a comet with your own eyes right in the skies.
It's okay cannot witness, go Google and search for comets, we can see that it
But god, please I can't see anything at all, how to prove that
Believe is another story
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 09:30 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Apr 6 2020, 09:22 PM)
Ehipasiko - come and see for yourself.

The Dhamma taught by the Blessed One is not confined to just what, but also the ways, methods, paths that one needs to train to be able to verify it.

karma is a very complex topic.
Train to be able to verify = more like train to believe that its there biggrin.gif
Chrono-Trigger
post Apr 6 2020, 09:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,450 posts

edited

This post has been edited by Chrono-Trigger: Apr 23 2020, 08:10 PM
Captain89
post Apr 6 2020, 09:38 PM

🔨🔨🔨
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Apr 6 2020, 09:36 PM)
well... I am willing to give it a try but it's not everyone's cup of tea smile.gif
It's okay...I respect your efforts smile.gif
No bad feeling

360 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th August 2022 - 06:34 PM