Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plane ticket prices in the future

views

TSSky_Is_The_Limit
post Apr 1 2020, 09:47 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
70 posts

Wondering what you all think about plane prices after COVID, you think will be cheaper cause companies need to recover or more expensive cause there will be lesser options (many airlines probably go bankrupt)
SUSbronkos
post Apr 1 2020, 09:56 AM

Regular
1,159 posts

For short term we could see higher ticket prices due to to limit flights availability.
Zot
post Apr 1 2020, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

No change. Probably cheaper to encourage travel and sell more tickets.
motherland
post Apr 1 2020, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

cheaper because of cheap fuel
Kolzyphyr
post Apr 1 2020, 10:05 AM

5 posts

The price will gradually increase as the demand for it is increased. The offer will only be adjusted when the demand hits a certain level. Therefore, the price could over a couple of years, be higher than it was before the pandemic, probably to help covering the huge losses they incurred.
jemmi
post Apr 1 2020, 10:08 AM

Casual
485 posts

QUOTE(motherland @ Apr 1 2020, 10:04 AM)
+1, but company will struggle to paid salary during lock down. No income but need pay salary & all expenses include rental & installment.
fireballs
post Apr 1 2020, 10:09 AM

5,627 posts

Sure high. Airline need to recover
alextan99
post Apr 1 2020, 10:13 AM

Wassup
2,645 posts

it will recover back to pre covid time coz all they need is to sell the ticket until breakeven and then the price will increase as the load increases.
Kolzyphyr
post Apr 1 2020, 10:21 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(motherland @ Apr 1 2020, 10:04 AM)
Imo, cheap oil won't last, it is unsustainable to the producers. To quote Goldman Sach, it is predicted that in the next few years, there will be oil shortages due to wellhead shut-ins and refinery cuts. It is implied that the price may likely to be shooting high.
MR_alien
post Apr 1 2020, 10:36 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Apr 1 2020, 10:09 AM)
Sure high. Airline need to recover
price still talks in the airline industry
u want to recover, u need numbers of pax....and because of competition, if u price it high...nobody is gonna use u since there are alternatives

if MAS is monopoly for whole world, will be high but since there are so many competition out there...that's not gonna happen
Noryume
post Apr 1 2020, 10:50 AM

Enthusiast
864 posts

Higher price for ad hoc buying. Lower price for early booking.
minizian
post Apr 1 2020, 02:44 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

It will depend on the company strategy and big picture view.

For sure it is easy to drop price and get volume in the short run. But to go back to pre price drop rate in long run will take some time crawl back to the rate (or the rates before it was dropped).

So for some airlines, it is better for them to stay at high rates at expense of lower pax count versus low rate and higher volume. Something costing (fixed and variable cost) were taken into consideration in the rates. Eg company still lose money even its its full cos they sell it at low rate.

This post has been edited by minizian: Apr 1 2020, 02:46 PM
PATAR
post Apr 3 2020, 05:48 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

Alot higher. And much more hazzle, lots of counires might have quarantine rules, and airlines might require health checks before departure. Who knows if we ever go back to the way things were in January 2020
TSSky_Is_The_Limit
post Apr 8 2020, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Apr 1 2020, 02:44 PM)
It will depend on the company strategy and big picture view.

For sure it is easy to drop price and get volume in the short run. But to go back to pre price drop rate in long run will take some time crawl back to the rate (or the rates before it was dropped).

So for some airlines, it is better for them to stay at high rates at expense of lower pax count versus low rate and higher volume. Something costing (fixed and variable cost) were taken into consideration in the rates. Eg company still lose money even its its full cos they sell it at low rate.
yeah true, i feel like big brand names like Emirates might not be so willing to lower prices so quickly. There might be a burst of people actually willing to travel and pay so they might not lose out.

Budget airlines (if they survive) will definitely have to cut prices to lure people who want to travel but can't. Not sure if they are willing to continue making that kind of losses though.
TSSky_Is_The_Limit
post Apr 8 2020, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Apr 3 2020, 05:48 AM)
Alot higher. And much more hazzle, lots of counires might have quarantine rules, and airlines might require health checks before departure. Who knows if we ever go back to the way things were in January 2020
I think it will go back for sure but will definitely take a while. If a COVID vaccine is found then it'll be faster but if we wait for the virus to die down on it's own will take a long time
minizian
post Apr 8 2020, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,053 posts

QUOTE(Sky_Is_The_Limit @ Apr 8 2020, 03:30 PM)
yeah true, i feel like big brand names like Emirates might not be so willing to lower prices so quickly. There might be a burst of people actually willing to travel and pay so they might not lose out.

Budget airlines (if they survive) will definitely have to cut prices to lure people who want to travel but can't. Not sure if they are willing to continue making that kind of losses though.
I think about this, I reckon LCC like Air Asia are able to go low since i believe their cost base on their flight were quite sorted. I dont think the same cant be applied for Air Asia X based on how they are performing past few years (since they are publicly listed and able to see how it goes).

That unlimited 499 flight surely will be useful for their cash flow. Not sure how does that doing to do them favor with their current situation.
TSSky_Is_The_Limit
post Apr 17 2020, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(minizian @ Apr 8 2020, 04:59 PM)
I think about this, I reckon LCC like Air Asia are able to go low since i believe their cost base on their flight were quite sorted. I dont think the same cant be applied for Air Asia X based on how they are performing past few years (since they are publicly listed and able to see how it goes).

That unlimited 499 flight surely will be useful for their cash flow. Not sure how does that doing to do them favor with their current situation.
Ya i also don't know what will happen, only can wait and see when all this is eventually over.
deodorant
post Apr 17 2020, 11:54 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(Sky_Is_The_Limit @ Apr 1 2020, 09:47 AM)
Wondering what you all think about plane prices after COVID, you think will be cheaper cause companies need to recover or more expensive cause there will be lesser options (many airlines probably go bankrupt)

Depends on how the covid situation resolves. If it's like SARS where suddenly the virus just disappeared and no more risk then plane tickets will be expensive cos everyone will want to travel.
TSSky_Is_The_Limit
post Apr 22 2020, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Apr 17 2020, 11:54 AM)
Depends on how the covid situation resolves. If it's like SARS where suddenly the virus just disappeared and no more risk then plane tickets will be expensive cos everyone will want to travel.
actually how did SARS even disappear?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:35 AM