Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where can get the best cendol and rojak in KL

views

TSosklove
post Mar 24 2020, 07:28 AM, updated 5y ago

8 posts

I think ss15 rojak is the best, do you all have better recommendation?

This post has been edited by osklove: Mar 24 2020, 07:29 AM
babybobby
post Mar 24 2020, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Appreciate if anyone can post video like, how to make simple rojak at home during lockdown haha
centrica
post Apr 10 2020, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

where is this
farahbreepbreep P
post Apr 16 2020, 03:38 PM

Probation
6 posts

https://pictr.com/images/2020/04/16/5tLPn8.md.jpg

One of the best in Ampang. I've taste the best in Melaka. But for KL, this one is quite good. And another one infront of Masjid Al Azim, Pandan Indah. Cendol on Lori, also the best

Still can get while PKP nowdays for this Taman Kosas
alvinboey
post Apr 29 2020, 03:19 PM

42 posts

any rojak delivery 0.o in pj
nihility
post Sep 20 2021, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

Try Rojak Cendol Klang Valley Cafe @ Bandar Puteri Puchong.

The rojak ( pasembur / Indian rojak) = 9/10
The cendol = 6/10

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by nihility: Oct 1 2021, 08:39 AM
ryder_78
post Sep 23 2021, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,558 posts

I tried the rojak at "Rojak Siti & Cendol" where the stall in the form of a small truck was set up in front of SMK Menjalara in Bandar Menjalara, Kepong. The rojak is not too bad and quite good. However, the cendol is not good. At one point when I ordered the rojak (takeaway), the guy asked me if I wanted to try the cendol. I just came for the rojak, but since the guy asked I ordered one packet of cendol.

The cendol was a disappointment. It didn't have the santan taste at all, tasted like water. The gula melaka also tasted very mild as if it's diluted.

If you ask me to rate,
Rojak : 7.5 or 8/10
Cendol : 2/10 (I didn't finish the whole packet and threw some away)
nihility
post Sep 23 2021, 02:33 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

QUOTE(ryder_78 @ Sep 23 2021, 11:26 AM)
I tried the rojak at "Rojak Siti & Cendol" where the stall in the form of a small truck was set up in front of SMK Menjalara in Bandar Menjalara, Kepong. The rojak is not too bad and quite good. However, the cendol is not good. At one point when I ordered the rojak (takeaway), the guy asked me if I wanted to try the cendol. I just came for the rojak, but since the guy asked I ordered one packet of cendol.

The cendol was a disappointment. It didn't have the santan taste at all, tasted like water. The gula melaka also tasted very mild as if it's diluted.

If you ask me to rate,
Rojak : 7.5 or 8/10
Cendol : 2/10 (I didn't finish the whole packet and threw some away)
I was trying to look for this location 2 weeks ago, unfortunately couldn't find it.The Waze directed me to the Catholic Church near the cross juntion toward the Jinjang's night market. Going to locate it again soon for the pasembur.

The cendol assesment for me personally need to pass the followings :-

1. The shaved ice must be smooth.
2. The palm sugar must be thicked enough & not diluted.
3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily. Some heated the coconut milk until oily, is a no no.
4. The cendol must be squishy but still maintained the shape.
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ), when bite cannot be hard or powdery (under cooked), must be soft & creamy.

The one that fits the above closely so far

1. Penang Road Teo Chew Cendol - the red bean my not rank the best.
2. Cendul Wisma Ganda @ Perak - the red bean is the best so far I have tasted.
3. Little Yum Yum @ Kota Damansara - got all the correct mixture correct but I only compained that they are slightly stingy on the amount of the palm sugar.

The other outlets which I have tried

4. James Cendul @ Perak - above average but the coconut milk too oily , the red bean cannot maintain the wholeness appearance- it was a turn off for me.
5. Cendul Klang - above the average
6. Most of the cendul @ Melaka Nyoya / Peranakan ( Nancy, Donald, Amy, etc) were good / above the average with the coconut milk , shaved ice & palm sugar except the red beans & the cendol jelly itself. The serving portion was small & pricey in my opinion.
ryder_78
post Sep 24 2021, 09:07 PM

Regular
1,558 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Sep 23 2021, 02:33 PM)
I was trying to look for this location 2 weeks ago, unfortunately couldn't find it.The Waze directed me to the Catholic Church near the cross juntion toward the Jinjang's night market. Going to locate it again soon for the pasembur.

3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily. Some heated the coconut milk until oily, is a no no.
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ), when bite cannot be hard or powdery (under cooked), must be soft & creamy.

3. Little Yum Yum @ Kota Damansara - got all the correct mixture correct but I only compained that they are slightly stingy on the amount of the palm sugar.

4. James Cendul @ Perak - above average but the coconut milk too oily , the red bean cannot maintain the wholeness appearance- it was a turn off for me.
6. Most of the cendul @ Melaka Nyoya / Peranakan ( Nancy, Donald, Amy, etc) were good / above the average with the coconut milk , shaved ice & palm sugar except the red beans & the cendol jelly itself. The serving portion was small & pricey in my opinion.
The stall is usually set up just beside the bus stop. Opposite the road is the school. Sorry, I got the name of the stall wrong. It's actually called "Cendol Bawah Pokok" instead of Rojak Siti & Cendol. The location is as below.

user posted image

It appears that your taste is rather high which is a good thing. I agree that the blended ice of the cendol needs to be fine. For the Bawah Pokok stall, the ice is not fine but in rather large chunks. After waiting for the ice to melt, the cendol had turned to water, tasteless and therefore ended up in the garbage bin.
LittLeFairy111
post Sep 25 2021, 08:17 PM

48 posts

rojak & cendol!!my favorite
lordgamer3
post Sep 25 2021, 08:18 PM

On my way
605 posts

QUOTE(osklove @ Mar 24 2020, 07:28 AM)
I think ss15 rojak is the best, do you all have better recommendation?

Use to go to the PJ branch pre covid.
lordgamer3
post Sep 25 2021, 08:19 PM

On my way
605 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Sep 23 2021, 02:33 PM)

You are super detailed haha.
Chiggah
post Sep 26 2021, 10:51 AM

Casual
460 posts

Kwong Wah section 17

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Sep 26 2021, 10:57 AM
nihility
post Sep 27 2021, 11:56 AM

Regular
1,251 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Sep 26 2021, 10:51 AM)
Kwong Wah section 17
Kwong Wah's cendol looks good from the internet images except the red bean ( small red beans ). Will give it a try soon.
nihility
post Sep 29 2021, 05:40 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

Tried Kwong Wah @ Sec 17, PJ on 28/9/2021. Below were the images :-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Note, the shop no longer located at the Happy Mansion.

1. The shaved ice must be smooth - 10/10
2. The palm sugar must be thicked enough & not diluted - 10/10
3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily - 10/10
4. The cendol must be squishy but still maintained the shape - 9/10
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ) - 7/10

Could be one of the best around Klang Valley so far apart from Little Yum Yum @ KD.
ryder_78
post Sep 30 2021, 03:40 PM

Regular
1,558 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Sep 29 2021, 05:40 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily - 10/10
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ) - 7/10

Could be one of the best around Klang Valley so far apart from Little Yum Yum @ KD.
Wow, looks good man. Surely a far cry from the cendol sold by the Bawah Pokok stall, no comparison at all.
nihility
post Oct 3 2021, 01:33 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

While the memory of the taste still fresh for Kwong Wah's cendol, I decided to pay a visit to Yum Yum @ Kota Damansara for their cendol.

user posted image

The shop already relocated to same row with Lan Je Steam Fish

user posted image

user posted image

1. The shaved ice must be smooth - 9/10
3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily - 6/10. They used to serve pam kernel as the santan years ago but for the current visit, the coconut milk was from ready packed / not fresh type.
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ) - 8/10. They used to use big red bean.

I can only concluded that, their quality of the cendol may not be the same like few years back especially for santan & red bean ingredients.
solitary
post Oct 5 2021, 08:05 AM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(nihility @ Sep 29 2021, 05:40 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Wow.. this place very near my house.. and I will pay a visit very soon…

The color for Your photo is very nice..

skystrike
post Oct 6 2021, 11:25 AM

back to normal
1,270 posts

rojak & cendol at ttdi near petronas is quite good too...
nihility
post Oct 7 2021, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

QUOTE(farahbreepbreep @ Apr 16 2020, 03:38 PM)
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2020/04/16/5tLPn8.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2020/04/16/5tLPn8.md.jpg </a>
One of the best in Ampang. I've taste the best in Melaka. But for KL, this one is quite good. And another one infront of Masjid Al Azim, Pandan Indah. Cendol on Lori, also the best
Still can get while PKP nowdays for this Taman Kosas
I was nearby KL today, hence decided to drop by for the Taman Kosas. I ordered 1 cendol biasa & rojak biasa.

user posted image

user posted image

The cendol biasa. I scoped left & right, something missing - how come no red beans ?!. Waved my hand to makcik, "Makcik, kenapa tak ada kacang punya ?". Makcik replied "Ohh, you mau ada kacang punya, cakap la cendol kacang, bukannya cendol biasa". Now only I know the order must state the red beans else you won't be given the red beans.

user posted image

After added with red beans.

user posted image

Rojak / pasembur

user posted image

The fritters were crispy & the gravy was good.

user posted image

Cendol rating given :-

1. The shaved ice must be smooth - 8/10
2. The palm sugar must be thicked enough & not diluted - 8/10
3. The coconut milk mixture must be correct, cannot be too diluted or oily - 8/10
5. The red bean must use big red bean not the small red bean , the red beans need to maintain the wholeness apperance ( masih sebiji-biji ) - 10/10.

The rojak was good : 9/10

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 PM