Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Did COVID-19 Come from USA?

views

atilla
post Mar 31 2020, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Mar 28 2020, 11:38 AM)
if an elephant came out from your toilet, you will tell ppl that the elephant came out from your toilet, thats what you see, but what you didnt see is how the elephant get into your toilet.

scientist say the elephant didnt just appeared in your toilet, but just because you said the elephant came out from your toilet 1st, the world have to believe you ?
Thats very strongly implying that the coronavirus couldn't have come from China since the 'elephant' must have been brought to the 'toilet' which is categorically false.

Thats hiding the fact that China has been breeding elephants to put in its toilets for a while now. China has always been stubbornly refusing to stop illicit trade in wildlife eg. not joining the rest of the world to ban the trade in ivory until 2017 I think, reversing its rhino horn ban, not regulating and cleaning up its own messy wildlife trade. Now China is relying on its propaganda ministry to try to create doubt as to the origins of the virus.

China briefly put some curbs on wildlife trade after the SARS epidemic but quietly lifted it after a while. And now it seems that China will finally have to confront its own 'elephant breeding' problem and put permanent restrictions to clean up its dirty wildlife trade in its own backyard. The world doesn't need trade in pangolins for their supposedly medicinal value for another China born pandemic in the future.

This post has been edited by atilla: Mar 31 2020, 11:11 AM
atilla
post Mar 31 2020, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(koja6049 @ Mar 30 2020, 03:08 AM)
it says nothing though biggrin.gif
Seems like you don't understand how science works anthat scientific papers are often more nuanced than a simple conclusion 'yes it definitely came from china'.
atilla
post Apr 1 2020, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 31 2020, 11:02 AM)
Not really. It's mainly because anti-intellectualism is strong nowadays.
Yes its a shame that Malaysia can't boast of a truly well educated middle class. The internet age really exposed the bunch who believe in half baked conspiracy theories and fake news followers.
atilla
post Apr 1 2020, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Mar 31 2020, 12:17 PM)
Well since china want the world scientist to investigate the elephant, if its from the toilet, the scientist will eventually find out its from the toilet, stop talking about other irrelevant bamboo trees, they have no direct relation to that elephant, china has that bamboo tree problem, but its the same for all other country, they have their problem, ie japan killing dolphin, usa permit hunting of wild animal for fun, even malaysia is not all innocent when you really want to talk about irrelevant things(i dont want to offend certain ppl so i dont want to give example), china is not perfect, so is the world, when you want china to be perfect, you have to be more than perfect 1st.
China refused to allow access to outside investigators like the WHO or US CDC early on during the outbreak of the Wuhan virus and expelled 2 WSJ journalists because the CCP wanted to spin the news. Hardly the sort of attitude for a country that is supposedly so open to wanting the world to investigate the Wuhan virus.

China has bad track record of starting bird/human flu pandemics through unhealthy practices in farming/wildlife trade - 1996 H5N1 avian flu, 2002 SARS, 2003 Fujian flu, 2013 H7N9, 2020 COVID19. No other country in the world has this track record of internal/international epidemics or created as much havoc. Ending the illicit wildlife trade is a long overdue first step for China, the world doesn't need a SARS-3.

This post has been edited by atilla: Apr 1 2020, 06:20 PM
atilla
post Apr 3 2020, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Apr 1 2020, 11:17 AM)
more bamboo trees, so we are no longer talking about elephant from toilet anymore.

it is the same for every country, just like WHO want to investigate the flu death or suspicious death, do u think USA will allow it ? NO, its clearly double or triple standard, USA will use any reason to reject it, while no matter what reason gave by china, USA will still not satisfy.

China is the worst ? seriously ?
do u know about spanish flu ? i suggest you dig it out, then compare to coronavirus, assuming coronavirus can kill another 10x more ppl. its still not as close as that.
https://www.history.com/news/why-was-it-cal...the-spanish-flu
if you dont believe my link, go search your own, make sure read multiple sites.
No you are making things up again. You have no examples to give about the US or any other democratic western country barring entry to WHO health investigators.
Wuhan China is the origin of the worldwide coronavirus epidemic and the Chinese govt refused to allow access to CDC/WHO in Feb and wasted weeks before allowing a joint mission. China did the exact same thing when SARS happened and tried to cover it up even more and longer.

The Spanish flu happened a long time ago in 1918 whereas China has had a recent string of epidemics from its farming/wildlife industry, even Chinese citizens don't trust the safety of their food.
atilla
post Apr 4 2020, 10:27 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Apr 3 2020, 03:02 PM)
what makes you think the whole world is on the same time line ? usa has been 1st world country for so many years, and 40 years ago china was still a 3rd world country, far below malaysia.

and you comparing china with what ? your imagination ? when you say somebody is bad, you need to find somebody good and compare with him, when you cannot find a good example, then u cant say hes bad.

again why you drag into food ? its CCP responsible for food safety ? i guess the next will be eating dogs, scammers, copy, clone thing like that ...
You're not making any sense at all. Just trying to avoid having a reasonable discussion after I showed that everything you have said is wrong.

I brought up food safety issue because zoonotic diseases like SARS/H5N1/COVID is one side effect from a unhygenic agricultural industry.
atilla
post Apr 10 2020, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Apr 4 2020, 08:26 PM)
well, we dont agree on each other's so called proof.

you provided so called proof are from western media, they know nothing about science. they claim virus is from food or leaked from p4 lab, the only proof they able to provide is the virus exploded in china, and china was hiding some facts at beginning.

i believe more on the china side story, cause they are from scientist, at least they dont just blame, they point out a few things that scientist able to proof, scientist believe that, but western media completely ignore them.
?? You're not making any sense here. I was only trying to have a logical discussion. For your part, the discussion never went into 'proofs' or used used credible scientific sources.

All I did was call out your analogy about an elephant in a toilet.
I also brought up China's overly secretive behavior about hiding the outbreak early and disallowing outside investigators. Then you lied and said the US did the same thing, and when I called you out on that, you changed your argument into something about China being one of those 3rd world countries.
I pointed out that China has been the source for recent string of blird flu epidemics, you responded by bringing up the 1918 Spanish flu.
When I pointed out that China's poorly regulated unhygenic wet markets and illicit wildlife trade are breeding grounds for cross infection for animal diseases like the bird flu, your reply was nonsensical and went into dog eating.

Since you brought up dog eating. China has a draft law in place to ban dog and cat eating to help curb future outbreaks of novel animal to human diseases.
https://www.dw.com/en/china-pushes-draft-la...tock/a-53079433

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd June 2020 - 10:49 PM