7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

techieglitch
post Mar 30 2020, 10:06 PM

Casual
308 posts

Last week there was a rumour about a lady in Penang confirmed case. quoting "this is a real news" Saying how irresposible she was and she was roaming around and have visited several shops. The story also included her family photo, her ic, her exact address, shop name, full name.

Hours after that rumour, one of the little girl in the photo got threaten in vulgar language at the common area, the family was threatened to leave their house, several hate speech and cursing.

Turns out to be a fake news.
Somehow, the rumour had spread like wildfire and the lady and the family got constant harrassment they had to lock their house up tight and several shops mentioned in the msg had to lodge police report.

So guys, moral of the story, bukan tak boleh cerita, but first, verify source, second, dont go forward people's personal information everywhere. It will not be funny when it happens to your own mother and two year old daughter right? 3rd, if betul betul want to share specific info, just pm jer. You cannot imagine when these info is forwarded to a wrong person (aunties)

techieglitch
post Mar 31 2020, 02:46 PM

Casual
308 posts

I stop going to market due to those auntie do not maintain proper distancing they are still squeezing and bargaining.

Personally, I live in gelugor, but I would travel to gurney or paragon to get my stuff.

Simple reason, people in Tesco and sunshine too many people and dont maintain proper social distancing. it's like a game of pacman, keep on have to runaway. another, most of the good stuff are emptied by panic buyers. Can barely buy anything useful.

On the other hand, in gurney and paragon, fewer crowd and people mostly are afraid when you go near them, which is good. and of course the shelfs are so well stocked up, maybe because pricier, people dont go crazy there.

My opinion, whether you shop 1km or 100km away from your place will not make any difference in spreading it or risking it, if you spread it, you either spread it to timur laut or barat daya, you are still spreading it. doesnt make it safer or reduce any risk for anyone if you shop near your place. correct me if im wrong.

The risk factor I would always consider is, hygience of the place, how the people there control the hygience, how people social distance and how much stock i can get. No point going out and buy nothing if the shelves are always emptied.

Last point, please la, dont go market and shop everyday, go la twice a week or once a week. everytime you go out, you are playing a game of risk.
techieglitch
post Mar 31 2020, 04:08 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 31 2020, 03:28 PM)
If you go out of Gelugor to another area and help to empty their shelf, then where should the locals in those area go instead?

I also live in Gelugor, and there is still enough supplies in our locality that you should stop abusing the leeway.

Respect the MCO.
Ive been looking for a few items for the past few week, specifically, i dont mind alternating a few baby formulas. if I cant find it in my place, should I just ask my baby to drink milo and biscuit?

Enlighten me, how going to a different place that is not in my area will risk myself and others more, if you can list down a few, i'll follow your way.

What Im saying is, sometimes, we are left no choice to get certain stuff from a specific place that might not be in my area, I dont see additional risk or harm made to society. It's the same risk, same harm done.

Maybe I am just stupid, you can educate me on what I have left out.

techieglitch
post May 3 2020, 09:52 PM

Casual
308 posts

after so many days of announcement of the conditioned mco, they decide to go against it, fine. I dont see whichever decision is right or wrong.

after all businesses made announcement and call back all employees, made all arrangements, then the evening before, suddenly made announcement to go against it.

Still fine, the intention is for the people's good.

Then now ask businesses to disinfect during that period, but no clear instructions.

1st, ownself disinfect with dettol or anything that the owner ownself think is sufficient? or ask professional. ask professional count by per sf, businesses already on brink to close down, where to find that money to hire professional?

2nd, you think whole penang only few companies meh. if hire professional, by the time the amount of professionals we have can cater to disinfect the whole penang, our great grand children is already taking over the business d.

3rd, if ownself disinfect, what is the definition and standard? not everyone is educated enough to know what thorough disinfection means. and if simply cincai only, what for doing it. some people think simply put air freshener is also considered disinfecting, some people clever, put heavy dettol on everything until people die of cancer.

4th, harlo, business close down for 7 weeks already, the virus early also die off at the premise d lor hor. if not by now end of the world if can survive on surface for 7 weeks. or you want businesses to disinfect every 2 hours to be safe?

Im not against them extending or reconsidering, but please have a plan that people can carry out, not simply blah out nonsensical ideas that at least half of the population cannot follow.

before that, pm announce mco, these people come and condemn this, criticize that. arent they doing the same thing but worst? and that is what we called a pot calling a kettle black.

ps: im not a business owner, nor i want to go out at all. Also Im not affected whether the extend or relaxed or wrap uo the mco. This is just an opinion of things that are affecting many people of all backgrounds.
techieglitch
post Jun 11 2020, 05:42 PM

Casual
308 posts

anyone know what time tesco in penang island close now? still 8pm or got extend?
techieglitch
post Jun 11 2020, 07:39 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(XXXOOOXXXOOO @ Jun 11 2020, 05:58 PM)
I think around 10, normally I visit Tesco around 9++
you mean recently you visit 9+ or before mco. want to go later scared close at 8pm like previously.

techieglitch
post Jul 22 2020, 10:51 PM

Casual
308 posts

lately start hearing rumors again that penang kena this case that case. i cant imagine those auntie have to go thru all those rumors all over again.
techieglitch
post Aug 9 2020, 11:29 PM

Casual
308 posts

Penang is lucky only. if you think island people dont follow sop, wait till u go seberang. as if covid didnt exist. everyday qbm like cny like that, people queu up so near they want to hug u. Chill la penangite, just because u not scared die, i dont need your bau belum mandi to be that near me.
techieglitch
post Aug 10 2020, 09:36 AM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(XXXOOOXXXOOO @ Aug 9 2020, 11:32 PM)
same la every where ....
but i find one thing, almost all chinese is wearing mask (before fines kick start, those uncle and aunties reluctant to wear or inproper)
Those old people seriously. got wear mask one also open mask to cough their lungs out, spit everywhere. touch here and there.
techieglitch
post Aug 17 2020, 01:07 AM

Casual
308 posts

Just months ago, our YB Chow was such a hero and kept insisting on delaying the loosening of mco for 4 extra days. then insist that every single business has to forego professional disinfection service, somehow later ownself cincai disinfect also can d. He was such a hero for voicing out not letting mco end so quickly and said he wanna protect all lives in penang and dont care if the federal sue him or saman him. Now he approves of indonesian coming in amidst this situation somemore they have such high number. I believe he is doing this to protect penangites as well. well, I can see all the sop he is ensuring that everyone follows. I can see the 99% of people adhering to proper sop like he mentioned as well. good job yb. you deserve all the credit for the good work to protect all penangites
techieglitch
post Aug 19 2020, 12:38 AM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(FusionXY @ Aug 19 2020, 12:34 AM)
New case from Suntech @ Penang Cybercity
user posted image
my brother in law work there 15th floor, dunno affected or not. somemore staff go the foodcourt everyday
techieglitch
post Aug 19 2020, 01:30 AM

Casual
308 posts

seems like the sunshines are a target these few days, suiwah at air itam came out a statement about the false rumour. just now have whatsapp about sunshine perak road. then facebook got sunshine square. i wonder if its just a coincidence or the rumour trend is beginning to start again.
techieglitch
post Aug 19 2020, 04:00 PM

Casual
308 posts

suntech also susah one. some companies have few hubdred staff. somemore inside sunshine square got food court, opposite food court. hopefully ntg, my brother in law dare not go to office now.
techieglitch
post Aug 20 2020, 02:26 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(Adnmdn @ Aug 20 2020, 11:05 AM)
WASHINGTON—Foreign students coming from Europe, along with some au pairs and family members of visa holders in the U.S., are exempt from the Trump administration’s various travel bans imposed during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a memo the State Department sent to Congress on Thursday.

The Trump administration has said that the array of travel and visa restrictions enacted since January were intended to slow the spread of the virus and block classes of foreign workers to open jobs for unemployed Americans.
Are you in the correct thread?
techieglitch
post Aug 20 2020, 08:00 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(FusionXY @ Aug 20 2020, 07:19 PM)
malaysia has been always about politics. I personally got bored with their tricks, covid alone is a handful. but really hopefully we are not accepting medical tourist. they have their own high class hospital also, just they themself dont trust only.
techieglitch
post Aug 20 2020, 08:37 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(yahiko @ Aug 20 2020, 08:04 PM)
Wanna ask.. the mysejahtera app Google maps updated anything red zone or whatever or not? I search suntech area still green. I search kedah town also green

Macam no use at all
same here, what do you guys use to see those hotspot. i cant seem to find one. and any source that updates which place kena.
techieglitch
post Oct 7 2020, 08:14 PM

Casual
308 posts

so social contact means what? from people visiting or from social worker or from what?
techieglitch
post Oct 8 2020, 06:08 PM

Casual
308 posts

this covid made some people over reacted. i have some friends, kena in jelutong, he stay greenlane, he fast fast go covid check up, the staff also roll eyes. abo kena in batu ferenghi, he stay relau, he ask company for quarantine. these are the same type of people who hoard toilet papers.
techieglitch
post Oct 9 2020, 06:44 PM

Casual
308 posts

how how how? 8 case today from where?
techieglitch
post Oct 11 2020, 11:11 PM

Casual
308 posts

byk hostile ini thread

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to: