20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang COVID-19 Infections

views

mushigen
post Mar 15 2020, 01:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 15 2020, 01:42 PM)
I am more concerned about the waves of stupidity.

There's the Sri Petaling end-Feb.
Then a week later 8March comes the Teluk Bahang.
Last night 15th Stadium Sultan Ibrahim.

Each a week apart with 2 weeks incubation and mean time for symptoms to show up of 5.1 days.

Imagine, after shutdown for 2 weeks, you come into office only to again be instructed to go off for another 2 weeks because of another stupid gathering. Repeat same scenario every 2 weeks.

How to restart business and economy if we keep allowing all this unnecessary gatherings? We really have to pander to those who otherwise are self-employed, rempits, NBTD but join gatherings?
Indeed. I mean, don't people realise close contact can transmit virus? Don't people realise the infected can be asymptomatic?
The comment by Png CM2, if true, about the gathering worries me most.

Heck, even mist of the elders in my family are ignorant and stubborn as fcuk. They have no intention of cancelling Qing Ming tomb cleaning. I mean, there's already someone there in the kampung who can do the job, no need to risk gathering everyone, right? You must pray at the tombs to show how filial you are? If they are that filial, why only visit once a year?
If kena Covid, everyone susah.
mushigen
post Mar 15 2020, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(voice0fnation @ Mar 15 2020, 02:17 PM)
Around 50% malaysians knows about this virus happening in Malaysia but don’t really know how serious it is and 1-2% taking serious precautions/actions and 10-15% wearing mask but still touches their face occasionally..
I'm sure the figure is more than 50%. It's just that many have the mentality of "not me" when it comes to bad stuff. When it comes to 4D/Toto, it's "possibly me" pulak.

Take the example of the gym I *used* to frequent. The management provides a bottle of disinfectant spray and cloth for wiping (has been like this, even before Covid-19). You'd expect more people to be concerned about hygiene (especially with hand sanitizers flying off the shelves) with Covid-19 in the country/state.

I stopped going when I observed only very few users bothered to wipe the equipment before using (fat hope of getting them to wipe *after* using). This shows the level of ignorance or tidak apa, and it's such people that have higher chance of contracting Covid because they don't practise basic hygiene (IMO). All it needs is the fellow beside me to sneeze into the air at my direction while I'm gasping for air on the treadmill.
mushigen
post Mar 15 2020, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 15 2020, 03:19 PM)
Guys, this has been bothering me for few days.

What about those thumbrint-based scanner, for any purpose.

Especially for electronic attendance and door-access control.

Even before this, it can be wet, oily, ... for any reason. Now it's so much more critical.

Some have glass layer.
Some have membrane, so, easier to trap molecules.

Definitely can't use alcohol onto the sensor. And can't use aloe-vera-alcohol-sanitizer mix.
You can sanitize your thumb/hands after using it - I think it's faster than to sanitize the reader. Do take note that door handles are also very dirty too. So, don't touch your face after opening doors, before washing/sanitizing your hands. Speaking of washing hands, they will be contaminated again after washing if you open the restroom door with your hand bangwall.gif
mushigen
post Mar 15 2020, 04:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 15 2020, 04:11 PM)
Aiya most elders underestimate the severity of the situation...most think...if kena then its fate to go die lo... ranting.gif

I think those outdoor actual cemetery ones still not too bad, got sunlight to help kill the viruses...

Those sembayang name plate in "apartment" ones, those are like visiting virus at its home ground.

bruce.gif  bruce.gif  bruce.gif Good luck for us younger ones to convince the older ppl to give this year's Qing Ming a skip.
Many only think from this angle. My concerns include the shared car rides, the close proximity of people outside of the cemetery, the touching of things (help to carry stuff to the grave from the car), etc.

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 15 2020, 04:32 PM)
I use my butt to push down handles and push doors open. No risk of contaminating my hands.
I use my foot to do that, or...

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 15 2020, 04:33 PM)
IF you go public toilet, use a tissue to open the toilet door after you dry your hands with it.

Always have a bottle of hand sanitizer at your home entrance, so that you can sanitize your hand immediately after you come into your house.
I wait for others to open the toilet door for me, then tahan the door with my foot. Or use tissue paper but the concern is how you dispose of it if there is no rubbish bin nearby.
I wash my hands with soap the moment I enter my house, then sanitize my door handle.
mushigen
post Mar 16 2020, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

I'm very concerned about falling dam levels in Penang. Imagine having water rationing at this time.

mushigen
post Mar 17 2020, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 17 2020, 12:01 AM)
Hopefully with less industrial use, we can get through this.
Yes. Hopefully.
mushigen
post Mar 17 2020, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Mar 17 2020, 03:11 AM)
Sudah cakap... Masks work... China and South Korea knows this. They make sure their rakyat have masks. You see their numbers drop already.

The media in the rest of the world only cakap mask don't plotek because there is no supply.
Scientists in China looked at CCTV footage in a bus and found that 1 infected passenger spread the disease to other passengers sitting 4.5 meters away. Very dangerous to be in indoor crowded areas. The air is circulated. 1 infected person cough or sneeze the droplets can travel all around the room.

But /k experts insist the virus is not airborne, so it can't travel that far wei.
mushigen
post Mar 20 2020, 09:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 20 2020, 08:26 AM)
I know people are snapping up facemasks and hand sanitizer like hot cakes now...

How about gloves?
Last week, plenty of stock at Carings qbm. On Mon (4 days ago) they were sold out.
mushigen
post Mar 24 2020, 12:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(i200yrs @ Mar 23 2020, 09:43 PM)
We deserve to know the breakdown, especially us staying in condo, you wont know neighbors already got  ohmy.gif
Will knowing that your neighbour is infected change the way you protect yourself and family? If it does, you need to ask if you're doing enough.
I'm not trolling. I even avoid taking the lift when I take down the thrash.
mushigen
post Mar 24 2020, 01:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 24 2020, 12:45 PM)
It is best you find out which day your local grocer/supermarket restock on which day. Then you chung early morning on that day.
I resorted to using disposable chopsticks to press lift buttons when I throw rubbish.
I'm more kiasi. Idk whether the previous user has sneezed or coughed inside. And along the way, there will be people entering the lift I'm in.
It seems that residents in my condo don't know/care about social isolation.
mushigen
post Mar 26 2020, 11:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(supadupa @ Mar 26 2020, 08:05 PM)
i went to Sunshine lipsin

egg, roti, spam, big onion all sold out

luckily still got beers
Is social distancing enforced there? The shopping aisles and cashier area are so narrow.
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 12:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 27 2020, 02:02 AM)
Aeon opens at 10am. Now with MCO, its quite empty.

Normal days...different story lah whistling.gif
I saw in FB, the queue at AEON stretches till after OSIM store. blink.gif
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 12:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(SnoWFisH @ Mar 27 2020, 12:12 PM)
What time you went?
I didn't go out for > 1 week liao. I saw on FB.
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 01:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 27 2020, 01:27 PM)
11:30am post-ripot from Tesco Tengku Kudin.

Only entrance near Pizza Hut Ground floor is open.
1-out-1-in basis.

Queue to enter stretching all the way from the other end, KFC.

I immediately "paid" parking ticket on seeing the queue. It literally is NOT "jaga jarak anda"; middle to the rear of the queue ignored Tesco staff pleading "1 meter".

Passed by a lady shopper who was leaving, replied to my query: "di tingkat atas tak ramai sebab dia dah control kemasukan."
Did they limit shopping time for each customer? If not, imagine the q if shoppers take own sweet time looking for lengkuas or whatever exotic herbs and spices.
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 02:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 27 2020, 02:03 PM)
Distracted while aligning into a parking lot, I heard PA announcement "something something 30 minutes per shopper something something".
Good. Hopefully they have staff on s/by to help those elderly folk and whoever needs help.
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 02:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

PSA: Just now I saw Tesco Online still has Penang delivery slot on 14/4/20.

mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Mar 27 2020, 02:38 PM)
That's like 3 weeks away to getting your fresh veggie  whistling.gif
Just in time for the next replenishment.
mushigen
post Mar 27 2020, 06:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(yahiko @ Mar 27 2020, 04:36 PM)
today hubby when to gaint bayan baru also long que to decide to patah balik. sunshine we will avoid because total pack of sardine.. no sosial distance at all.

wil try our luck tomorrow..
just wanna get some fresh veggie and fruit..

any fresh fruit and veggie delivery can call in penang?
Sunshine online. Delivery slots one to 2 weeks from now. I use this method to replenish my stocks.
mushigen
post Mar 28 2020, 08:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

Guys, anyone ordered from Tesco & sunshine online before? How is our grocery packed during delivery? Packed nicely in paper box? Or macam below?
I stay at condo, so need to know if I need to bring a hand trolley with an empty box. TQ.

user posted image
mushigen
post Mar 28 2020, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,501 posts

QUOTE(ember @ Mar 28 2020, 09:23 AM)
Yes like in the photo. Everything into one crate/container and they don't give you the container. If there's a lot you can try to request for them to help you transport it up to your unit with their trolley. Otherwise bring your own reusuable bag/container and dapao it up yourself.
Tq for your reply and suggestions. Much appreciated 👍

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2190sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 PM